Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 2 of 4
CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Model Car Concours
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: May 06, 2018 01:50AM

The Model Car Concours of petite-sized Corvair replicas offers something for everyone. You can display a toy or model that came pre-assembled or was assembled from a kit, made by a commercial manufacturer or scratch-built by a craftsman, displayed in solo or with a group of vehicles, possibly situated in an imaginary scene, being a Corvair car, station wagon or FC, for the enjoyment and appreciation of adults and children of all ages. During the upcoming 2018 CORSA International Convention the Model Car Concours will be on display Wed 7/25 through Fri 7/27. The Model Car Concours guidelines have been recently revised and can be downloaded from the CORSA documents webpage

Models will be judged within the following classes:
• Factory-Built – for factory-assembled toys and models. Subclasses are Stock Promo, Stock Non-promo, and Modified. A Promo is a preassembled model made for specifically for dealerships to use for promotional purposes.
• Hobbyist – for models assembled from a kit sold by a major model manufacturer. Subclasses are Stock and Modified.
• Craftsman – for models built from scratch or created by combining scratch-built parts and/or parts from multiple commercially manufactured kits. Subclasses are Stock and Modified.
• Diorama - for groups of models or models arranged in scene.
• Valve Cover Racer - for models designed for valve cover racing.

Not a member of CORSA? Please consider joining, and click this link to find more about CORSA membership.
The 2018 CORSA convention in Pittsburgh, July 23 – 28, is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club. Visit the WPCC Convention web page for hotel reservations, event scheduling and other convention information. Anyone can attend the Convention and register at the host hotel. Registration is now open to CORSA Members for tours, events, vender space, the banquet, etc, from the Corsa Convention web page.

Steven Spilatro
CORSA Social Media Coordinator

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Model Car Concours
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: May 09, 2018 07:19PM

The great thing about models is that one can have a Harrah sized collection, with practically every car you ever wanted, but ouafford. And you don't have to be rich, have a city block sized warehouse, or even a full-time mechanic on your payroll. All you need is shelf space and a modest amount of "pocket change."

I was fortunate in that I inherited my mother's crafting ability and from my dad's side, my love of cars. So in 1961, at age 11, when I asked my grandmother for a model to build, she let me pick out one at the the hobby store.

What I picked out was a Premier Rampside.

I still have that model. grinning smiley

And most of the models I acquired since. My house is a small-scale car museum. And

Re: PITTSBURGH CORSA CONVENTION JULY 23-28th!
Posted by: PGVair ()
Date: June 10, 2018 07:18AM

Will outdoor vendors be allowed to set up tents in the vendor area at the convention?

Wade Lanning

Posted by: KILLERCORVAIR ()
Date: June 11, 2018 04:03AM

only if not staked. there is some grass but sprinkler systems. and no driving stakes into asphalt.
thanks
Jim Weppelman

Posted by: gnvair ()
Date: June 11, 2018 06:23PM

FYI, no more rooms available with 2 beds at the host hotel.

Lee J

Posted by: iceking888 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 02:10PM

Hey all,

Do you have to be a CORSA member to register for the convention?

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 27, 2018 04:02PM

to Participate... YES... just $37yr.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: June 27, 2018 06:22PM

The convention website www.corvairpittsburgh.com has been updated. Check out the events tab for some new and different locations of the events. Also see the sponsors at the bottom of face page.
The pre-registration discount is over, but you can still enter up to the convention itself. Hotel still has discounted rooms till the 1st , I believe.
Its coming up soon!!!
Jim Weppelman
Pittsburgh

CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Rally
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: July 03, 2018 06:34PM

The Rally is a low key competition that provides an opportunity for teamwork as well as seeing the surrounding countryside. At the annual CORSA convention Organizers plan a "Continental rally", in which traversing a course is judged on elements such as time, speed, mileage and distance, as well as answers to questions about landmarks along the course. Each vehicle has at a minimum a driver and a navigator, the latter who reads a set of instructions and navigates the road course. The Rally is not a race; it evaluates only the ability of the team to follow the instructions. Speed and time are important only in context of adhering to the speeds given in the instructions and posted legal speeds.

Vehicles will be placed into various categories, which are (in a nutshell):
Primary - vehicles with only a driver and a single passenger (navigator).
Touring - vehicles with more than one passenger.
Non-Corvair - as the name suggestions for non-Corvair vehicles

The winning team has the lowest score. Penalty points are assigned for errors in following the rally instructions. For example:
-- One point for each 0.1 mile over or under the official mileage.
-- One point for each second over or under the official time.
-- 1200 points for failure to reach a checkpoint.
-- 600 points for arriving at a checkpoint backwards, i.e., from the wrong direction.
-- etc.

The Rally schedule at this year's Pittsburgh Convention is:
Thursday 7/26
Participants Meeting . . . . . . 8:00 am — 8:30 am
Rally . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .8:30 am — noon

You can download here the full CORSA Rally rules.

Not a member of CORSA? Please consider joining, and click this link to find more about CORSA membership.

The 2018 CORSA convention in Pittsburgh, July 23 – 28, is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club. Visit the WPCC Convention web page for hotel reservations, event scheduling and other convention information. Anyone can attend the Convention and register at the host hotel. Registration is now open to CORSA Members for tours, events, vender space, the banquet, etc, from the Corsa Convention web page.

Steve Spilatro
CORSA Social Media Coordinator

Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Rally
Posted by: Paulsgt ()
Date: July 07, 2018 11:49AM

Thank you Steve! I am an extremely novice rally'er but we are signed up and hope to drive the 62 Monza. Last time I drove a rally was at CORSA convention in Denver.

Enjoy the Corvair!

Paul Sergeant
CORSA Central Division Director / CORSA Treasurer <-new title
Lee's Summit, MO
CORSA since 1975
Member – HACOA, Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, Little Indians, POCI

Re: PITTSBURGH CORSA CONVENTION JULY 23-28th! 11 DAYS smileys with beer
Posted by: corvairrich ()
Date: July 12, 2018 04:10PM

Hello: I am planning on attending this years convention. I live near Pittsburgh and have made hotel reservations for Saturday night already. Does anyone know if there will be overnight security at the hotel for your Corvair? I plan on joining CORSA and participating in the Peoples Choice meet. Anyone else out there from Pittsburgh going?

Monongahela PA
1958 Buick Special 2 dr
1958 Buick Special 4 dr
1963 Corvair Monza Convertible
1978 Corvette

Posted by: jasvair ()
Date: July 12, 2018 05:27PM

There will be a lot of local people from Pittsburgh there. I am from Stoneboro, PA

Date: July 12, 2018 06:10PM

Yes, besides the Hotel security, we have hired a security firm to work from 9pm-6am during the convention. You may be asked for I.D. during those hours. They will be patrolling the car parking lots, and the trailer lot.
Any questions, please get a hold of me.
Jim Weppelman

Re: PITTSBURGH CORSA CONVENTION JULY 23-28th! 7 DAYS smileys with beer
Date: July 16, 2018 03:40PM

Hello all; does anyone know if you must be a CORSA member and pay the convention registration fee of $45 to visit the on-site vendors?

Monongahela PA
1958 Buick Special 2 dr
1958 Buick Special 4 dr
1978 Corvette

Re: PITTSBURGH CORSA CONVENTION JULY 23-28th! 7 DAYS smileys with beer
Date: July 16, 2018 05:02PM

I'm sure you don't.... but why not Join Corsa? Few Vair parts cost less than the $37 for a Digital Membership...

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: PITTSBURGH CORSA CONVENTION JULY 23-28th! 5 DAYS smiling smileyD
Posted by: TexasAg77 ()
Date: July 18, 2018 01:51PM

Time is getting closer! Last detail needed for the truck is done and now to wait till Saturday to load and head out Sunday Morning. "burgh or bust!" smiling smiley

Ed McClintock
Cleveland TN
Choo Choo Corvairs
'61 Lakewood,,63 Vert, '83 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler- [www.cj-8.com]

Date: July 18, 2018 05:01PM

Anyone know does registration for the convention and event registration need to be done before arrival or can you register onsite? Thanks

Monongahela PA
1958 Buick Special 2 dr
1958 Buick Special 4 dr
1978 Corvette

Date: July 18, 2018 05:03PM

Onsite is fine

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: July 18, 2018 06:42PM

Thanks John. I got ahold of him. See you next week. Tim

Re: PITTSBURGH CORSA CONVENTION JULY 23-28th! 3 DAYS TO GO!!!!! grinning smiley hot smiley
Posted by: SLlNKY ()
Date: July 21, 2018 05:40PM

If you have a Handicapped room reserved for the host hotel and dont really need it, PLEASE let the front desk know before check in. I was unable to get one (wheelchair Guy). i booked back in January and none were available then either.

Michael Slotwinski

Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.