Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Autocross
Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: April 16, 2018 04:24PM

2017 Autocross at CORSA Convention

Found it, finally...still on the GoPro, not downloaded.

This was the 2017 Autocross in the KC area. 1965 Monza 4-door, 140, PG, on 13" street tires.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Autocross
Posted by: EM-racer ()
Date: April 17, 2018 07:47AM

Looks like it may be a tight coarse by the area size, my kind of coarse as my car is setup for tight coarse's, BUT I will not be attending this year, other things got in the way " my loss" hope all that do have a great convention.
Gene Barr
Eustis Fl.

CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Model Car Concours
Posted by: SteveInMarietta ()
Date: May 06, 2018 01:50AM

The Model Car Concours of petite-sized Corvair replicas offers something for everyone. You can display a toy or model that came pre-assembled or was assembled from a kit, made by a commercial manufacturer or scratch-built by a craftsman, displayed in solo or with a group of vehicles, possibly situated in an imaginary scene, being a Corvair car, station wagon or FC, for the enjoyment and appreciation of adults and children of all ages. During the upcoming 2018 CORSA International Convention the Model Car Concours will be on display Wed 7/25 through Fri 7/27. The Model Car Concours guidelines have been recently revised and can be downloaded from the CORSA documents webpage

Models will be judged within the following classes:
• Factory-Built – for factory-assembled toys and models. Subclasses are Stock Promo, Stock Non-promo, and Modified. A Promo is a preassembled model made for specifically for dealerships to use for promotional purposes.
• Hobbyist – for models assembled from a kit sold by a major model manufacturer. Subclasses are Stock and Modified.
• Craftsman – for models built from scratch or created by combining scratch-built parts and/or parts from multiple commercially manufactured kits. Subclasses are Stock and Modified.
• Diorama - for groups of models or models arranged in scene.
• Valve Cover Racer - for models designed for valve cover racing.

Not a member of CORSA? Please consider joining, and click this link to find more about CORSA membership.
The 2018 CORSA convention in Pittsburgh, July 23 – 28, is hosted by the Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club. Visit the WPCC Convention web page for hotel reservations, event scheduling and other convention information. Anyone can attend the Convention and register at the host hotel. Registration is now open to CORSA Members for tours, events, vender space, the banquet, etc, from the Corsa Convention web page.

Steven Spilatro
CORSA Social Media Coordinator

Re: CORSA International Convention Events – Spot-lighting the Model Car Concours
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: May 09, 2018 07:19PM

The great thing about models is that one can have a Harrah sized collection, with practically every car you ever wanted, but ouafford. And you don't have to be rich, have a city block sized warehouse, or even a full-time mechanic on your payroll. All you need is shelf space and a modest amount of "pocket change."

I was fortunate in that I inherited my mother's crafting ability and from my dad's side, my love of cars. So in 1961, at age 11, when I asked my grandmother for a model to build, she let me pick out one at the the hobby store.

What I picked out was a Premier Rampside.

I still have that model. grinning smiley

And most of the models I acquired since. My house is a small-scale car museum. And

Re: PITTSBURGH CORSA CONVENTION JULY 23-28th!
Posted by: PGVair ()
Date: June 10, 2018 07:18AM

Will outdoor vendors be allowed to set up tents in the vendor area at the convention?

Wade Lanning

Posted by: KILLERCORVAIR ()
Date: June 11, 2018 04:03AM

only if not staked. there is some grass but sprinkler systems. and no driving stakes into asphalt.
thanks
Jim Weppelman

Posted by: gnvair ()
Date: June 11, 2018 06:23PM

FYI, no more rooms available with 2 beds at the host hotel.

Lee J

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.