home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
REPORTS! INCC Event: Honor Point Military and Aviation Museum Sunday August 20th Spokane, Wa.
Posted by: MrLakewood ()
Date: August 10, 2017 09:51PM

Fellow Corvair enthusiast,

How about a Sunday drive? Please join us on Sunday August 20, 17 as we meet to discover a new Spokane, WA experience;

The Honor Point Military and Aviation Museum at historic Felts Field from 1-3 pm. http://honorpoint.org/

This venue recently opened (Fall 2016) and is host to some of the world’s rarest exhibits featuring: the only flyable Boeing 40C, the first successful Boeing commercial airliner and basis of today’s passenger planes and airlines. How about a World War I era Sopwith Pup, painstakingly recreated better than the day one would have rolled out of the actual Sopwith factory. Did you know that Felts Field is the third oldest continuously operating airport in the US? Did you know that Charles Lindbergh stopped by Felts Field with the Spirit of St. Louis?

Come join us as we explore just some of the contributions the Inland Northwest has contributed to our history. Your guide will be fellow club member John Vujovich, who is a docent at this marvelous facility. Craig says the club will pick up the tab on admissions so no reason not to hop in your Vair and come on out and see Spokane’s latest. The attending group can decide afterwards where we’d like to caravan to grab a bite to eat and show off our beloved Corvairs.

WHAT: Honor Point Military History and Aviation Museum

WHEN: Sunday August 20, 2017 from 1-3 pm

WHERE: Historic Felts Field, 6095 E. Rutter Ave, Spokane

COST: Admission to be picked up by the club.

RSVP: johnvujovich@yahoo.com by 19 August please.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2017 08:50AM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: INCC Event: Honor Point Military and Aviation Museum
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: August 10, 2017 10:00PM

Boeing 40C Mail Plane

Friend just took a ride it that for their 40th Anniversary... Has Lawnchairs instead of mail bags now!

Crashed in SW Oregon and was packed out of the Cascades..rebuilt

Story goes a Diamond dealer was riding in the Mail compartment because he was less likely to be robbed, compared to train travel, when it went down in a storm..

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: THIS SUNDAY!!!!! INCC Event: Honor Point Military and Aviation Museum Sunday August 20th Spokane, Wa.
Date: August 19, 2017 04:02PM

Going to be in the area tomorrow? Please join us!

Re: THIS SUNDAY!!!!! INCC Event: Honor Point Military and Aviation Museum Sunday August 20th Spokane, Wa.
Date: August 20, 2017 06:40PM

Attachments:

Date: August 20, 2017 06:41PM

Attachments:

Date: August 20, 2017 06:41PM

Attachments:

Date: August 20, 2017 06:42PM

Attachments:

Date: August 20, 2017 06:43PM

Attachments:

Date: August 20, 2017 06:44PM

Attachments:

Date: August 20, 2017 06:46PM

Corvairs and Airplanes... Great day at the museum!

Thanks to everyone that made it out!

Date: August 20, 2017 06:49PM

Thanks for the great pictorial!! Looks like a Decent Turnout!

Isn't that Karl K. from Australia in the photo?

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: August 20, 2017 07:02PM

Well, yes, that is Carl. He was visiting the Honor Point Museum at the same time as our club. What a Small Corvair world!

Date: August 20, 2017 07:35PM

I met him in Cedar Rapids 2009.... and he posted to VirtualVairs today about his surprise encounter! gg

Craig has pics of his RHD LM vert

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.