home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
OT T-shirt ironing
Posted by: JamesD ()
Date: August 01, 2017 08:17PM

Those that know me, know that without sarcasm, I would have no personality. I'm not proud of this; it's just who I am. I've tried to change, to no avail.

A friend told me that this was me, on a T-shirt. Study this T-shirt, as there will be a test later. Seriously. Appreciate the message that is conveyed, and understand that it would be completely in character for me to utter the words.

Ready?

I could not disagree that this embodies the very soul of my wit.

I ordered the T-shirt, in white. I received the most multi-layered piece of irony I have seen in a long, long time. You may have to stare at it, look back at the first one, and then look at it again, to fully appreciate what happened. Then, you will be amazed that it happened.

I could not iron this T-shirt and make it more ironic.

James Deplorable
'65 Corsa 4-speed, '65 Corsa V8                                                       Santa Clarita, CA.
“I may not always drive a car, but when I do, I prefer a Corvair.  Stay loose, my friends.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT T-shirt ironing
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: August 01, 2017 08:26PM

Should have asked for purple shirt!!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: August 01, 2017 08:30PM

Oh, sure. It's MY fault!

James Deplorable
'65 Corsa 4-speed, '65 Corsa V8                                                       Santa Clarita, CA.
“I may not always drive a car, but when I do, I prefer a Corvair.  Stay loose, my friends.”

Date: August 01, 2017 09:10PM

It's the dum-BEST they could do.
And it was way easier, too!

Hope you get the original, I like it!

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: ROD ()
Date: August 01, 2017 09:22PM

JamesD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh, sure. It's MY fault!

NO, You're right ..... baha

I would keep it and wear it with the sleeves torn off.

Rod Tetrault
El Cajon , CA
65 Corsa Yenko Clone / 65 Corsa EO Creampuff Vert
66 Corsa "JIMISH" Mid engine Turbo LS1 currently 2nd fastest Corvair in the USA
Class 5 Corvair powered Baja
61 Vintage Rampy
Corvair powered Buggy x 3
Enough hidden parts to build a space ship

Posted by: Vairismo ()
Date: August 01, 2017 11:40PM

Might be a product of machine processing/robots. Gotta wonder if humans were involved in the production of that shirt. Ok, maybe robotic humans if humans.

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: August 02, 2017 01:02PM

James,

That is absolutely hilarious. smiling bouncing smiley

NO I am NOT Laughing at you. I am Laughing WITH you.

Can you post a link or let us know where the Tee Shirt can be purchased?

I have a co-worker that this shirt applies to as well and think he would absolutely love it. A while back, I bought a Snickers Bar that had the word SARCASTIC imprinted on the label. He didn't throw it away.grinning smiley

Thanks for sharing this with us. I got a good chuckle out of it.

1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: August 02, 2017 01:20PM

Update:

I found several versions on flea bay simply by searching for No youre right and lets do it the dumbest way possible.

Both ways came up with results. I am planning on ordering a few of them.thumbs up

1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Date: August 02, 2017 04:16PM

This is a link to where I found the T-shirt. Today is the last day to order from them.

Pro tip: Don't order white.

I also had a SARCASTIC Snickers, but my daughter-in-law ate it. At least I know now that she can stomach my sarcasm.

James Deplorable

Date: August 08, 2017 06:37PM

MattNall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Should have asked for purple shirt!!

Matt, it's about time I said something.  I have always had the greatest respect for you, and the advice you have provided for countless people has been insightful and to the point.  I have never read any of your prose and found any quibble.  On top of that, you are an excellent and tireless moderator.

But words are cheap.  I have decided to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak, and while I do not yet understand, I'm certain that time will come.

Here is the proof of my words.

Thank you, yet again, for your advice.

James Deplorable

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: August 08, 2017 06:40PM

Should've PM'd me first!!! LOL!!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.