Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 67 Monza coupe - I bought it.
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: May 14, 2018 08:02AM

Looks like you took it back to the original Madeira Maroon. Gorgeous! And my favorite!

Best wishes!
-Mark

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: john.jackson ()
Date: May 14, 2018 12:05PM

67 airvair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like you took it back to the original
> Madeira Maroon. Gorgeous! And my favorite!
>
> Best wishes!
> -Mark

Nope, it is "Ruby Flare Pearl". 2015-18 Toyota Camry color.

Anita had/has the same color on her 2015 and 2018 Camry's.

Figured it would help her "accept" another Corvair around the house! And it does look GOOD.

Date: May 22, 2018 02:42AM

Made another visit Monday to the body shop. Front and Rear windshields are in.
I delivered the last 2 pieces of windshield trim. Dash area around the radio speaker had a fresh coat of black trim paint.

Some progress putting trim back on. The new set of window fuzzies is installed. Drip rail trim is on and looks nice. Roof rail weather strip was installed. Rear bumper was on. One of the rear bumper guards is starting to show rust:

Headlight bezels are showing some age:

Outside door handles are showing some corrosion:

So we ordered a new set of door handles from Clarks. Should arrive on Friday.

Shop asked if I was going to order new gaskets for the door handles. Told them I thought I did. We found a well wrapped brown paper bag of parts in the very bottom of the Clark's box. It had the door handle gaskets and half a dozen other small trim items in it. So that ended well.

Date: May 27, 2018 03:23AM

More progress on Saturday afternoon. Just about there.

Still needs to get wheel well moldings installed.

Date: August 02, 2018 09:57AM

Long over due update:

Got the car home from the paint shop on June 5 and it looks great!

First trip in the car was to Costco to fill up the gas tank. But found a locking gas cap on the car and never got a key for it. Just made it back home and into the garage as the engine sputtered, out of fuel. After drilling out the locking gas cap and removing it, I put 2 gallons of gas in the tank and tried to restart the engine. No luck. So I left the car alone for a "few" days that turned into several weeks.

Next time I got back to the Corvair, I noticed a small gasoline drip on the bottom of the gas tank. Turned out to be from the fuel tank float assembly. So the tank was drained and parts ordered from Clarks. In the mean time, I made several unsuccessful attempts to restart the car. The pump had losts it's prime and would not pull gas from the tank. I finally used an electric and a gas can to fill the carburetors with gas to get the engine running again. Now with the carburetors filled the old mechanical fuel pump had no problem pulling gas from the tank.

A new tank float assembly arrive from Clarks when I was at the Pittsburgh convention. It will be installed shortly.

Next, was a trip to Discount Tire to buy 4 new 195/65 x 15 Michelin's. These tires are exactly the same height as the OEM 700 x 13 tires.

Later this month, new Clarks seat covers will be installed, front and rear.

All for now.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: August 02, 2018 10:59AM

Good progress...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.