Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: My New Fan!!
Posted by: CORSATURBO65 ()
Date: September 08, 2019 03:37PM

KEVIN:

You build the e-drive fan and I will send you the proper infinitely "Variable Speed Controller",VSC, correctly sized to power it.

Commit to building it and I will send it to you.

P2M Super Fan Controller is fully digital operation to control your aftermarket electric fan. The compact size of the controller makes positioning the controller inside your vehicle easy.

Features: Derale Performance Part Number 16757 PWM Electric Fan Controller Sensor
Severe duty 3M double stick tape can attach sensor to engine cooling shroud or can be stuck onto the side of the oil cooler. [I would also dab epoxy over it]
Constantly adjusts fan speed from off to fan idle speed to wide open based on temperature being inputted from the temperature sensor.

- Dash mounted Digital LCD Screen Display for oil temp and vehicle voltage.
- "Dual fan control" Temperature Sensor capable for oil temp or additionally can be used for water temp if applicable.
- 5 Deg. Celsius Cool Off Period Between Fan Turn On Operation
- 40 AMP Heavy Duty Electric Relay with 10 AWG Relay Wires to Handle High Amperage Electronic Fans
- Displays Vehicle Voltage
** NOW COMES WITH NEW SLIMMER STYLE LCD DASH MONITOR DISPLAY

JUST SAY-IN...

CORSATURBO65
RICH

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: September 08, 2019 04:00PM

Didn't Keith Woods play bass for Rod Stewart?

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: September 08, 2019 05:45PM

[www.delcoremy.com]

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Posted by: 63turbo ()
Date: September 08, 2019 05:49PM

CORSATURBO65 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KEVIN:
>
> You build the e-drive fan and I will send you the proper infinitely "Variable Speed Controller",VSC, correctly sized to power it.
>
> Commit to building it and I will send it to you.
>
> P2M Super Fan Controller is fully digital operation to control your aftermarket electric fan. The compact size of the controller makes positioning the controller inside your vehicle easy.
>
> Features: Derale Performance Part Number 16757 PWM Electric Fan Controller Sensor
> Severe duty 3M double stick tape can attach sensor to engine cooling shroud or can be stuck onto the side of the oil cooler. [I would also dab epoxy over it]
> Constantly adjusts fan speed from off to fan idle speed to wide open based on temperature being inputted from the temperature sensor.
>
> - Dash mounted Digital LCD Screen Display for oil temp and vehicle voltage.
> - "Dual fan control" Temperature Sensor capable for oil temp or additionally can be used for water temp if applicable.
> - 5 Deg. Celsius Cool Off Period Between Fan Turn On Operation
> - 40 AMP Heavy Duty Electric Relay with 10 AWG Relay Wires to Handle High Amperage Electronic Fans
> - Displays Vehicle Voltage
> ** NOW COMES WITH NEW SLIMMER STYLE LCD DASH MONITOR DISPLAY
>
> JUST SAY-IN...
>
> CORSATURBO65
> RICH

For most Turbo's with my fan, 2500-2800 cfm is probably enough, and this will take 6-8 hp, depending on the set up, and this is between 9000rpm and 7900 rpm for the fan. Assuming 50 amps and 48 volts with a 3phase a/c motor, this gets you 4.51 hp @ 90% efficiency, which isn't even close to enough.
@50 amps and 100 volts, and 90% efficiency, this is 9.4 hp, which sounds about right, but this is a 3 phase a/c motor and the variable drives for those things are stupidly expensive, and a motor of that size is incredibly heavy.

What I meant about keeping ones cooling reqirements reasonable, is for a low hp N/A car under a light load, and this would be taken care of with a lot less fan rpm and torque, and spinning the fan up to 6000 rpm should probably be plenty. For something like that, gearing the fan down without lower shrouds makes it properly cooled and is mechanically "variable" drive, and should not use more than 3% of the gross engine output, which is an enormous increase in usable power compared with the stock fan. This works out only because my fan is so much more efficient than stock, and because of the gain in efficiency, all the potential advantages of an e-drive are lost. I don't understand what the fascination is with an e-drive for my fan. If cost is no object, and you JUST HAVE to ditch the mule drive, why not go to a hydraulic drive? these things are way light and don't have the conversion efficiency issues brought up earlier.

------------------------------------

Kevin Nash
Friday Harbor Washington
63 Spyder, Daily driver, EFI read about my project here: [corvaircenter.com]
first test start on EFI here:[www.youtube.com]
first official EFI boost test here:[www.youtube.com]
My new fan! [corvaircenter.com]
engine less 62 Spyder
Canadian 64 Monza Parts car

Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.