home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: what to look for on supposedly original 62 Spyder?
Posted by: UGLYTRUK ()
Date: June 17, 2017 08:28PM

The voltage regulator bracket rotation was added later in the 62 model year to allow for the air filter cover to be removed without having to unbolt the voltage regulator

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what to look for on supposedly original 62 Spyder?
Posted by: briand ()
Date: June 18, 2017 08:04AM

>Vette's didn't ever come with KH wire wheels. The only part shared with >the Vette is the Corvair wire wheel knock off, and even that is in dispute >with the NCRA. There is the claim that only the 3 bar knock off is correct >for the knock off alloy wheels.

The pictures of the car in the CL ad showed a 2 bar spinner. I thought the wheels looked too narrow on the car. The ad has been removed but I've been searching CL to see if the buyer is just going to flip the car

Brian Dowdy
Orland, CA
66 coupe 110 4sp, 65 coupe 110 PG Evening Orchid P-P (been on 3 year hiatus ), 65 coupe 110 PG, 65 Monza 140 4 sp coupe tele wheel Orchid P-P, 65 Monza 140 auto convert w/ power top,Crocus Yellow, 65 Corsa turbo convert, '65 Corsa 140 4 sp coupe, 64 Spyder convert,64 Greenbrier 8 door, 63 6 door Greenbrier, 63 convert 4 sp (Ratty), 63 coupe, 63 coupe w/spyder running gear(becoming a parts car), 62 4 door, 61 Lakewood 500, 61 Lakewood 700
some of my work---> [photobucket.com] [www.hotrod.com] [www.hotrod.com] [www.lowrider.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.