Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: ethical venders
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 09, 2018 08:08PM

Although AZ2009 has posted 10 times he's never revealed his name.

I believe it is John Sieman, ex prex of the Cactus Corvairs..... long time Charlie's friend. And started Ariz. Corvair Corral to sell off Charlies remaining parts.. He had been along time parts seller back in Illinois.

As he stated today.. 2 years ago he dropped the "Corral"

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: red monza ()
Date: June 10, 2018 05:46AM

All of the yaking has been about bad vendor's....here is the good and bad in my opinion.

GOOD: cLARKS. They are very business like...no breaks on anything but you get your part that was ordered and within 2- 3 days on the east coast. I have never returned anything to them.

EXCELLENT: RAFEE. Rafee is in OK. He operates like a small personal business that you have known and dealed with all your life. His used and new parts are all new or usable. His shipping is quick. If you need tech info, he is there to help you personally. I once received a bad elec fuel pump, called him, he sent a new one without RECEIVING THE BAD ONE!!! You will not find that excellent service at Clarks as they are too big and too business like.

THE BAD: A LARGE CALIFORNIA VENDOR. I ordered a 140 distributor. I asked if it was in good shape. Yes was the answer. I received it and put it in the install this one day pile. I installed it and the dwell went crazy. So, I thought I might fix it with a bushing. Nope. It is the cam that has the play in it and no one has a replacement...In all fairness, I did not contact the vendor as I had dealed with him before returning some valve parts that I had over bought. I had paid a premium for the distributor. I could tell he would be hard to deal with about this problem so it is sitting in a box downstairs....maybe one day I might find a new cam for it. Whoever checked it for wear was either DISHONEST OR DUMB.

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: June 10, 2018 06:18AM

Red Monza:

I agree but have to add my 2 cents worth.

Good: Clark's is easy to deal with. Parts orders are processed quickly. I spent many thousands $$$ with them. But very business like. I got the incorrect brake line to 66 Monza rear brakes. To get the correct line at no cost, I had to return smaller line at my cost. Expensive to ship 4 foot line. Should have been wrote off. Spent over $3k in 2016 on engine build parts and got no free catalog. Asked for it and they charged me $3 for it. I now price check for all my parts. They are not my sole source anymore. Online ordering is acceptable but shipping costs can be excessive on small parts order. Email communication on orders is great.

Good: Corvair Ranch is easy to deal with and order parts. Great email, phone and text communications. Only used them a few times to date.

Excellant: California Corvairs one call and I get someone who delves into finding what I need. Great to work with whether online ordering or phone call. Email, phone & text communications are great, also

Excellent: Rafee's online ordering was simple. I only used his site a few times but he responds quickly to parts orders. Parts are delivered quickly.

Not acceptable: one west coast vendor. Used vendor twice. In 2010 for a 110 distributor with Pertronix. Common distributor, but it took 5 months to get it. Vowed not to use again. Tried again in 2016 for front brake discs kit that was on sale. Took 3 1/2 months to get it. Had to send numerous emails after 1st week to get status of delivery. I vowed my funds would never go to this vendor again. Vow is holding due to all comments in past 2 years.

So this my 2 cents worth on the main Corvair vendors

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ HP PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
2015 Chevrolet Malibu 2LT
2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Z71 Centennial Edition
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2018 06:19AM by Lane66m.

Posted by: Murphy ()
Date: June 10, 2018 06:36AM

Four places you will get great parts and great service, not in any order;

Clarks, California Corvairs, Corvair Ranch, John Sweet.

Stick with these vendors and you will have no problems, unless of course you do something stupid like screw a part up and try to get money back.

65 Monza Coupe
61 500 Coupe (under Construction) Getting REALclose.

Date: June 10, 2018 06:55AM

I am sorry John that forgot to add you into Excellant section.

Excellant: John Sweet eBay site or ordering through him on the forum is simple and great. Delivery of parts is quick. Great gaskets for the engine.

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

Posted by: red monza ()
Date: June 10, 2018 07:16AM

Here is the way I expect to be treated...

I sell some 49 Chevy fleetline parts from time to time. I sold a turn signal switch a couple of weeks back and it went to Ca. About a couple of days later I saw an old request for a speedometer. I emailed the guy and asked if he still wanted it...Yes was his answer.
I found a ground ? wire from the turn signal switch that had fallen off in the floor. I put it in an envelope and mailed it to Ca to the buyer. I emailed him about 2-3 days later to expect it...he emailed me back and thanked me and said he already received it.
The speedometer I sold for $80.00. When I was boxing it up to send I noticed the dial on the temp gauge was off a little. I heated some water on the stove and checked it out...no response. I emailed the buyer and told him I would refund all his money or $50.00 as is.He said he appreciated me being honest about the condition...and he thanked me for the $30.00 refund and I sent it to him.
I have an 18 year ebay account...100% for 239 transactions. I think the only person on here I have sold anything to was AZDAVE...and that was some KYB shocks...When I bought my 64 conv I also got an extra partial Spyder engine and some other parts that one day I might list.

Date: June 10, 2018 11:07AM

I am with Dave. No grading system. That is why I asked if members were ready to be graced by other members. New comers really need to search and ask be for jumping into a purchase.

In regards to the vendor taking money without having the part ready to ship. He has been doing it for 8 years that I know of based on my 2010 distributor purchase and the 5 months delivery time to get it. I don't see that his policy of doing business will be changing any time soon. That is why I vowed never again after waiting 3 1/2 months for a front disc brake kit. 2 purchases same result, money spent on my card and slow delivery. Why tempt fate again. Might not get a good result again.

Al Lane
Ellabell GA

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: June 10, 2018 11:43AM

Thank's Matt. Today I read the Charlie Dye thread and saw John's response. Good read.

I am confused why a person in business does not use his name on all correspondence, though.confused smiley

Publicity is always a good thing!

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.