Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ethical venders
Posted by: Melb-Mike ()
Date: June 13, 2017 05:40AM

Also, as customers, we also have to hold ourselves to the same standards as we ask of vendors. Last year at the Springest in Helen, Ga, I bought a bunch of parts from Clarks. When I got home, I realized they had forgotten to charge me for the center console I got for my 66 Corsa. I called them up and gave them the part # and told them of the omitted charge. They were surprised I did that but they have always been up front with me on everything. For my honesty, they gave me a 10% discount. We were both happy.

With the one exception I had, ALL the other vendors have always been top notch. Very fair pricing, very prompt shipping and if I ever had a question or issue, they went out of their way to make things right. And by the way, I had great experiences with that same vendor in the past. Never a problem until that last incident. As Seth said, this is a niche market so your customer base is very limited.

64 Greenbrier
64 Spyder (needs restoration)
65 Corsa 140, restored
66 Corsa turbo, restoring now
66 Corsa 140 "RR" code coupe fully restored
67 Pontiac GTO restored
69 Corvette 427 convertible restored
2004 Caterham R400 (Lotus super7)my race car
2015 Porsche Panamera S
2015 Corvette Z06
1965 AC Cobra (Factory Five)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LawrenceNZ ()
Date: June 13, 2017 05:50AM

I would like to make further comment here regarding a certain vendor in Indiana being Michael Le Veque of Le Vair Performance and Restoration, that should be added to the list of untrust worthy vendors. His workmanship in body panel and painting skills are substandard along with his ability to build performance engines and transmissions. Having spent into 5 figures with the above person i feel again responsible that i must protect other Corvair owners to stay well clear of Mr. Le Veque. This also brings me to mention a certain forum owner of two other Corvair sites who wishes to protect the vendors such as M. Le Veque due to the fact that he receives funds from him to run such sites. However he wishes to ignore that he has 5000 odd members that take advise from the said forums who like me have or may do fall victim to this type of vendor.He also wishes to see his forums are joyful and rosy with no issues. NOT SO and should take note that he is also responsible and obligated in protecting the corvair community if he chooses to own and run such sites.Any posts i have made on these sites regarding the above have been removed instantly. Now in saying the above i have meet many other vendors here who have been most helpfull and are considered friends and some of the nicest people you could ever meet to name a few. Tom Knoblauch, Seth Emerson, Archibald Evans, Jeff Ballard, Jeff @ California Corvairs. I came to the U.S. on business from New Zealand having wanted a Corvair for many years and did not believe that in a community like this i would get treated poorly from a person like Mr. Le Veque who is meant to be a so called Corvair expert. Many thanks Lawrence.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 13, 2017 08:08AM

Sorry to hear this...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: bbakerga ()
Date: June 13, 2017 10:43AM

I want to respond to the posts on John Seaman. His business is called Arizona Corvair Corral and I have had very good experiences with him.

First, John is an "older" guy and he has on occasion forgotten that we discussed something previously, and he is eccentric, for sure. However, there have been several parts that I needed and couldn't find anywhere else... and he not only HAD them, his prices have always been VERY good. ( I bought an impossible-to-find Spyder power top switch pod from him for $90 plus shipping!).

Having said that, I know before I call him that I will probably have to call a couple times, and if he does have what I need, I will have to pay in advance... by check... through the mail... then wait for the check to clear... then wait for him to process and ship. It's not an easy process, but I have found him to be honest and entertaining to buy from. I can also say that I have sent several others to him (including members of this forum) to buy something they couldn't find elsewhere.

I get that everybody doesn't have the same experience with every vendor, and I'm sorry that the previous poster had an issue with John, but I also want to stand up for him here since I don't think he is a member of this forum. LOL, I don't even know if he owns a computer.

Date: June 13, 2017 11:05AM

Let's remember..

Ethical is totally a different thing than "quality of work" or Quality of USED parts...

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: June 13, 2017 11:25AM

Hi There , Ethics --- Moral Principles that Govern a persons behavior or the conducting of an activity. Principles of English law.

Thank you
Lawrence

Date: June 13, 2017 11:47AM

Correct.... but in today's world / US...few understand that....so it's a moot point...imo

Sadly we have to live by what's "the current acceptable practice or behavior...

Strange society!

Date: June 13, 2017 01:49PM

Yes you are correct Matt maybe we could call it Fraud / Theft / Scamming.
Just don't want someone else to be taken the same way i was, spreading the word.

Date: June 13, 2017 02:08PM

Not in this "politically correct society"... GG

How about "seem to be unable to provide services or parts of Quality as represented" ??? LOL!

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: June 13, 2017 02:52PM

Quit the sugar coating B.S. Some people are Honest and do their best to provide good service's and parts, Others are not. End of story.

Email me at: Dave Motohead

1960 4dr sedan caveman car
1961 Rampside (Chetside)
1962 Rampside (Barnside)
1962 Short Rampside (Shortside)
1962 Monza 700 Wagon
1963 Monza 900 coup (General Nader)

-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: June 13, 2017 03:48PM

Straight Talk : Theives
PC Talk : ethically challenged

[youtu.be]

Marco
Sun Valley Ca 91352

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: June 13, 2017 04:43PM

We do not have to accept any inappropriate behavior simply because "society" makes excuses for people behaving that way.

Date: June 13, 2017 05:07PM

No "sugar coating"... just a different way of describing it!

I come from a family where we were taught to never trust anyone until they proved their honesty... including family members...

Posted by: Murphy ()
Date: June 13, 2017 05:29PM

MattNall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Sadly we have to live by what's "the current
> acceptable practice or behavior...

I disagree Matt, we don't have to, nor should we.

65 Monza Coupe
61 500 Coupe (under Construction) Getting REALclose.

Date: June 13, 2017 05:30PM

Not individually..... the "masses" accept it..

Posted by: stitch ()
Date: June 13, 2017 05:38PM

All my personal email end with this Tidbit...

"Integrity". if you have it. nothing else matters!..
If you DON'T have it,...Nothing else matters!,,,

"If you can't fix it with a Hammer, you have an Electrical problem."
Stitch...
Schertz, Texas.
(Smallish town/burg 17 mi. NE of San Antonio)

!967.. 4th body
8th off the line

Posted by: flamingchariots ()
Date: June 13, 2017 07:09PM

stitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All my personal email end with this Tidbit...
>
"Integrity". If you have it, nothing else matters!..
If you DON'T have it... Nothing else matters!

That's funny stitch... that I have the exact same byline on my personal email.

I've had it for years; never found anything better to replace it.

Kevin
Medina, OH

Posted by: arizonacc2009 ()
Date: June 09, 2018 02:13PM

Well once again I needed to get out here and defined myself. I am the Owner of Arizona Corvair. in 48 years I have been in Business and have had only 3 complaints. One had to do with headlight buckets for F.C. Forward Control. First I have a lot of F.C. in my yard that need headlight Buckets so I know for fact I have not sold any headlight buckets for F.C. in the last 7 years because I need them for mine. 10 years ago I moved to Arizona and did not take and bring any of my parts from Illinois with my except a few NOS parts and a few boxes of hard to find add on's and optional things like Luggage racks and stuff. 5 or 6 years ago when Charlie Dye got Screwed out of most of his stuff by a Vendor that still to this day sells What he calls Econo motors or weekender motors that are simply motors that have been taken apart and what was broke has now been fixed with just that part and used gaskets just to make it run and he sells them because most Corvair owners are cheap. Sorry to say.. Not all are cheap but lots of them.. I believe I am the only Vendor that gives a warranty on an engine IF it goes back into a corvair.. If we rebuild an engine and someone puts it in a sand rail or non-corvair unit. It has no warranty. this last year we have put our parts business up for sale because we make more money rebuilding Corvairs then selling parts. and up till 4 months ago I have not been involved in the parts part of it at all. and that only because I went through a Divorce. got involved with the Arizona Ranger and got into law enforcement. In the last 2 years there have been other people that was doing work for me and semi running the business. Now all that said you also have to remember You guys the buyers most likely no anyone on this Forum but maybe. DON'T know what you want or if you know what you want, you want it for nothing. So you all price hunt. I see it everyday. You don't know what its called, or someone else called it something else or? What I am saying is I love the person that calls and says it number 6 on page 243 of the Clarks parts book. hey that's great make my Job easier. and some of us have new people working for us and treats them like crap. even Clarks has that problem. I have that problem. and I am sure other vendors do to. I don't take credit cards, I live in Arizona it cost money to have one of those handheld bank Machines, I don't give refunds on used parts. Credit only. One of the biggest recycle yards here in Arizona who had there own show on T.V. don't give refunds only credit. if we don't have a shipping address that you sent us and the address is wrong because you wrote it down wrong and we get it shipped back to us. People don't think we are going to ship it again and pay for it. your going to wait for a long time for that part. I don't buy parts cars with Warranty's so guess what? your used part will not have a warranty unless we say it has. and if you bought a part from us Don't think your going to get it replaced 2 years later because its wrong. I am old I can't remember what I was eating for dinner 2 days ago and after a year we shred all our paperwork. there are other people in and around a 60 mile area of me that sell Corvair parts make sure its not them that's selling you parts. Sorry if I ruffle a few feathers but after 48 years in business I have seen most of it. Thanks for letting me vent. and I really do have 8 sheds full of Corvair parts and 1 acre of Corvair sheet metal.

Date: June 09, 2018 02:38PM

Sounds normal when dealing with the public..

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: June 09, 2018 07:42PM

Being an east coat dweller, I am confused on several points, please bear with me.

1. Who wrote under the pen-name of arizonacc2009?

2. Is there a connection between Arizona Corvair and Arizona Corvair Corral?

confused smiley

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.