home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: EFI from clarks
Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: May 19, 2017 09:52AM

I am not against EFI, But carbs work good and are so easy to rebuild and CHEAP! Corvairs have ran many many miles in the last 58 years with carbs, j3m's pure hatred of them and Corvairs in general is what I have a problem with, who the heck has time to read all of his rants? I make it about 2 sentences and then it all turns to Bla Bla Bla, Yada Yada Yada! drinking smiley

Email me at: Dave Motohead

Sign my guest book!
[motoheadmall.com]
-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rowin4 ()
Date: May 19, 2017 12:04PM

It should be mandatory that he ads THIS IS A PAID ANNOUNCEMENT LOL BLA BLA BLA BLA

Posted by: didget69 ()
Date: May 19, 2017 12:45PM

davemotohead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not against EFI, But carbs work good and are
> so easy to rebuild and CHEAP! Corvairs have ran
> many many miles in the last 58 years with carbs,
> j3m's pure hatred of them and Corvairs in general
> is what I have a problem with, who the heck has
> time to read all of his rants? I make it about 2
> sentences and then it all turns to Bla Bla Bla,
> Yada Yada Yada! drinking smiley

^^^^ What Dave said...

b

Posted by: teddbrown ()
Date: May 19, 2017 03:29PM

rowin4 Wrote:
> It should be mandatory that he ads THIS IS A PAID
> ANNOUNCEMENT LOL BLA BLA BLA BLA

Disclaimer:
OK Guys...time to hear it from me. J3M is not my proud Dad, wife, related to me, hell... I have never even met the guy...not even an email. He says nice things about my product (thanks). Does it irritate some on this forum (yes), but I really try to stay out of it as my product does speak for itself.

Brown Injection has produced 67 units so far and shipping Clarks Corvair 2 more this week. I don't know what it takes for my EFI to be considered "successful", but there are quite a few out there running. Is it perfect, NOPE, but few things are, but I done the best I could do for the time and money invested. I produced them before Clarks starting selling, but Clarks Corvair has access to the Corvair Community that I would never had otherwise.

Will I race you with my EFI, Yes (to a 164,000 miles so far), but that has nothing to do with speed. I produced the Brown EFI to be a inexpensive, reliable easy to maintain performance upgrade to the Corvair. (Performance does not always mean speed). Its designed to start easy, even hot, drive like a regular car, park it and forget it. Get it in the next day, drive the piss out if it, rinse and repeat.

I have nothing against to other EFI designs (my inspiration was Milt Binion's). I look at other's designs and I am impressed with their workmanship and attention to detail. I love seeing others doing EFI as mine is not the answer, just one of many. I get emails asking me why didn't I put chrome this, or stainless that... and my simple reply is COST. A few want that, but would not sell in the mass market of Corvairs. I spent a small fortune (time and cash) getting the Corvair to even run, much less run right with throttle bodies and DIS. Some like, some don't, but I am happy with mine, I hope that the customers that have bought them are also.

TBI does not add HP (in most cases)... think of it as a pressurized Carb. Where EFI does add a little kick is that it can give you the most precise measurement of fuel and timing based on current conditions that Carb/Dist can't do. Does it change the world.... NO. Does it make me hate carbs or points...NO. Does it make me want to come pay homage to Dave's garage chicken... HELL YES.

I sold Brown Datacom, LLC in April 2017 after 17 years so I should have more time for future designs and plan to spend a lot more time with the Corvair.

Respectfully,

Ted Brown
Anderson, SC
68 Convert 110/PG/EFI/DIS
61 Loadside 102/PG/EFI/Dist
61 Rampside 4 speed (Restoration starts Nov 2015)
130HP/PG/Honda Engine Project
67 Monza Cpe
61 Greenbrier
**UPDATED** Corvair Fuel Injection and DIS Page

Date: May 19, 2017 03:56PM

Hey Ted, none of my remarks are ever against you or your EFI system, IMO j3m's massive rants where he basically talks about what a crap car Corvairs are and how crappy the carbs are pisses people off who like these cars,He basically insults anyone not running your system, I think he does more harm than good, the Guy is worse than SPAM!

Sign my guest book!
[motoheadmall.com]
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Date: May 19, 2017 04:21PM

davemotohead Wrote:
> Hey Ted, none of my remarks are ever against you
> or your EFI system, IMO j3m's massive rants where
> he basically talks about what a crap car Corvairs
> are and how crappy the carbs are pisses people off
> who like these cars,He basically insults anyone
> not running your system, I think he does more harm
> than good, the Guy is worse than SPAM!

None taken, but still want to meet Garage Chicken.

Ted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2017 04:22PM by teddbrown.

Date: May 19, 2017 05:36PM

You want BBQ or Extra Crispy? grinning smiley

Sign my guest book!
[motoheadmall.com]
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Posted by: Frogfinder ()
Date: May 19, 2017 06:48PM

In the 1960'S i pressed on until i got my carburetor problems solved. Recently while dealing with the carburetor issues on my 140 i started laughing and told myself. I could always go with efi. winking smiley

jeff

66 Corsa 140 4 spd
Houston, Tx

Posted by: Noel Felty ()
Date: May 19, 2017 07:06PM

Ted, I'm glad you now have time use my car for building the ultimate performance EFI! Ha! not trying to cut out Dave but Emily got 5 chickens a month ago. I keep trying to single one out for garage action but they keep pooping on my car. Well back to drinking beer in NOLA

Noel Felty
Brevard, NC
1966 Corsa 140 Before

1966 Corsa After

1972 Ford f100

Corsa SC
NC Mountain Corvairs

Posted by: viniuk ()
Date: May 20, 2017 12:50AM

Thanks for all the comments I think I may of just poked a stick into an ants nest.

I've taken all your opinions links too more info I've tried to understand most of information with my limited knowledge with cars.

I think I'm going to stick with the carb set up with living in the UK corvairs are rare and people who know about them an want to work on engines like hens teeth so going down EFI route may be the wrong direction for me

When I'm over state side (San Francisco,Los Angeles,las Vegas) in September I will pick up some new carbs and I learn by trial and error when I get back to UK

Vini Ryan Manchester UK
1965 Corvair Corsa

Attachments:
Posted by: v8vair ()
Date: May 20, 2017 04:45AM

If i ever get a nice enough Corvair to warrant spending good money on, it will get Teds FI unit. No gas smell in the Garage, easy hot starts, when you park sideways on a hill no carbs to leak over and smoke when you start, better fuel mileage,no choke to mess with now and then,no needle and seat to stick after sitting. The Good out way the bad, is there even a Bad ??? And as far as performance,put a set of headers on and i bet you dont even notice missing your secondarys on a 140. Mike

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: May 20, 2017 07:04AM

But I will miss my heater and defroster!

Or spend hours cutting little strips of metal to reform the heater boxes....

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Posted by: rowin4 ()
Date: May 20, 2017 07:59AM

J3m, I would like to know how you turned a EFI post to a license plate rambling ?

Posted by: flamingchariots ()
Date: May 20, 2017 11:11AM

rowin4 Wrote:
> J3m, I would like to know how you turned a EFI
> post to a license plate rambling ?

"Anyway that is what we at McMahon and Tate have been working on... Larry is drunk and Darren has problems with Endora at this moment so the latest campaign has not been completed."

He's been Bewitched.

Posted by: Scott V ()
Date: May 20, 2017 12:28PM

v8vair Wrote:
> And as far as
> performance,put a set of headers on and i bet you
> dont even notice missing your secondarys on a 140.

your saying a 140 w/headers & no secondarys has the same performance as a 140 w/stock exhaust manifolds?

-Scott V.

Posted by: Frogfinder ()
Date: May 20, 2017 01:03PM

davemotohead Wrote:
> You want BBQ or Extra Crispy? grinning smiley

Original Recipe please. winking smiley

jeff

66 Corsa 140 4 spd
Houston, Tx

Posted by: vacorvairlover ()
Date: May 20, 2017 02:45PM

Good evening Mr. Brown, if I may, can I request of you, a good EFI replacement for turbo cars, perhaps using something like the webber TB as a good start. Thanks again for your work and I too hope to put many many miles on my 65 using your current offering.

John Garrison
Roanoke VA.
1964 corvair spyder convertable
1965 Corvair Monza 140 auto coupe soon to be my daily driver
2014 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi
2011 Dodge Avenger 3.6L

Posted by: Scott V ()
Date: May 20, 2017 02:54PM

did you look @ the answers to your other post here?

-Scott V.

Date: May 20, 2017 02:55PM

vacorvairlover Wrote:
> Good evening Mr. Brown, if I may, can I
> request of you, a good EFI replacement for turbo
> cars

If testing goes well this fall and I don't burn one up, we might be looking at something in 2019, but I'm not making any promises. Turbo deserves EFI probably more than any other Corvair. The 4 TBI model is way behind and If I see a squirrel or a butterfly... I end up working on something else. "A D D" is not just a defect, its a lifestyle.

FOCUS!!!

Ted

Posted by: vacorvairlover ()
Date: May 20, 2017 04:24PM

I did see that and your right that would work but if I can get my hands on a complete kit just the other brown system, I'd be all over that like a hobo on a ham sandwich lol.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.