home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
OT Back up cam for '40 Ford
Posted by: Dave Decker ()
Date: May 17, 2017 04:18PM

Hello. I was hoping to get some help with a problem my dad is having with his '40 coupe. He bought it in'65 and is on the cusp of finishing it. (Job, family etc) It was built in the mid '50s 303 Olds rocket with tricarbs, 4 spd hydro, channeled, '37 Desoto bumpers. It has no side mirrors in keeping with the style and that has left him with the original rear view mirror looking back through the split window. He bought a back up cam but it's focus is about 20-30 feet behind the car. What he wants is a camera that will show who's behind him for lane changes etc. We've adjusted and played with the unit he has, but I don't think it's right for this application. Any help would be great. He's stubborn and insists on trying to make his camera work! Cheers, Dave PS; Drove a Factory Five GTM the other day. Renewed my V8 fever!

Dave, Kamloops, B.C. '65 Crown V8, 2017 Mazda CX3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT Back up cam for '40 Ford
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: May 17, 2017 04:24PM

He needs the "Fish-eye" style used on Motorhomes.

But he's like me... I bought a friend one off of ebay for $18...cheaper than a replacement mirror..same view as his..

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: May 17, 2017 04:28PM

Please post pictures of that 40 coupe!!!

Posted by: Dave Decker ()
Date: May 17, 2017 04:49PM

Thanks guys. Matt; I'll check that, sounds promising. Phil; for sure. next time we take it out. It's a beast to drive but fun. I'm stillworkin on him to get some radial tires!

Dave, Kamloops, B.C. '65 Crown V8, 2017 Mazda CX3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.