home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Iowa mechanics
Posted by: corvairviking ()
Date: April 19, 2017 08:18AM

Hello
I have a 63 Monza 900 convertible. I need a mechanic in central Iowa to check it over for me. It starts, runs, and stops. I even took it for a joyride Easter weekend.
I just need someone with a little more Vair experience than myself to check the brakes, springs, etc. I am willing to pay a reasonable fee of course.
Thanks
Dave H

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Iowa mechanics
Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: April 19, 2017 08:23AM

There are a number of folks in Iowa familiar with Corvairs. Some are forum members. You might try contacting I C E (not the immigration department) to see if someone is close to you. Maybe someone in that club might even be familiar with this particular car.

Date: April 19, 2017 08:26AM

Tim,
thanks for the suggestion. I could not get the ICE website to open.
Dave H

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: April 20, 2017 07:31PM

The ICE website is currently 'down'. We've got a Facebook page, under Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts.

As far as mechanics....

Wally Brennaman at the Joetown Garage in Joetown IA was a Corvair mechanic- but I believe he has recently retired from working in the garage. Denny's Automotive in Ames used to work on Corvairs (when Denny owned it)....his sone Mike may still work there (Mike Christanson)

Those are the only 2 I know of that really worked on Corvairs as a regular part of their business.

Eric P
DeWitt, IA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 07:32PM by isucorvair.

Posted by: phill66 ()
Date: April 21, 2017 03:01PM

Hey corvairviking, try this Corvair help site as posted on this forum:

[www.google.com]

phil66-steve

Posted by: monza67 ()
Date: April 21, 2017 07:42PM

Where in central Iowa are you? Many Corvair knowledgeable folks in Iowa, but most don't work on other's cars. May be able to help you with some names of club members near you that you could contact to see if they would be willing to checkout your car.
Are you interested in joining the Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts? Join the Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts facebook page and the membership form is available from that page.
Chuck P.
Davenport, IA

Date: April 23, 2017 02:02PM

Phill66
Thanks. I will save this link.
Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.