Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Car show
Posted by: ken ()
Date: March 19, 2017 06:53AM

My Wife and I drove our 62 wagon and rampside to a local show where we parked beside the usual car show stuff . We were overwhelmed with positive conversation and questions. Many people ( young of course,and some old ) said they never saw a Station Wagon and didn't know there was a Vair truck let alone a rampside. I let the kids climb in and out of the ramp area and many took pics . Good day at the show !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car show
Posted by: dhomuth ()
Date: March 19, 2017 08:42AM

I go to a lot of car shows, have judged several, and have always been struck by how many owners set up a folding chair behind their cars, sit there with dour looks on their faces and either have a Don't Touch sign or warn people away from their cars.
The most fun at car shows is interacting with the spectators, not the awards presentations. I always have allowed people to sit in the car, take pictures, and especially spend some time talking with them.
The cars are a means to an end, not the end in themselves.

1966 Corvair Corsa convertible
Same car I bought in 1/68 the night before I went to Viet Nam he second time. Got it back in 8/15. Plan its first public runout come July.

[corvaircenter.com]

Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: March 19, 2017 09:57AM

I to enjoy interactive car cruises. I always invite people to sit in my '64 GB especially the back seats with the factory table. Yes there are a lot of guys who sit in back of their cars with a sour look on their faces. You are almost afraid to approach them. They get there 3 hours early and save 10 spots for their friends. Only gripe I have is there usually is not "cutoff" year so new Mustangs and Camaros show up in droves. EddieB Dade City,Fl

Posted by: moomba32 ()
Date: March 20, 2017 01:38PM

My thoughts exactly, my cars look nice but not so nice it's the end of the world to use them or let someone touch them. I understand if you've put all that money and work into something you want it to stay nice but it takes the fun out of it for me if I can't relax. I'm rarely at 'my car' at a show, park it, open it up and cruise around and look at the rest, sometimes my wife will pick me up and we'll go to eat and come back for the 'show car' later, so far it's been there waiting.

Don Marlowe
66 Monza 2Dr 140/pg
64 Spyder convertible now, 110/pg
Eutawville SC

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.