home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
For Sale: 1964 Corvair Monza Convertible
Posted by: MoxyRamone ()
Date: March 17, 2017 04:18PM

Not mine!

Car is located in Campobello SC.
Powerglide with roughly 70000 miles.

$3900.00
From the pictures there is some rust in the lower front of the driver's door. The owner says he is just looking to recoup what he has spent on it, so I am assuming that there has been recent work and new parts.

I do not know the owners name, however, his phone number is (864)809-8183.

If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to go check it out.

John Carver
Landrum, South Carolina

1964 Monza Convertible

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: For Sale: 1964 Corvair Monza Convertible
Posted by: rsv1cor ()
Date: March 19, 2017 12:49PM

Big question always is...how are the floors. Let us know if you have a chance to check it out. I do like that yellow. smiling smiley

Re: For Sale: 1964 Corvair Monza Convertible
Posted by: MoxyRamone ()
Date: March 19, 2017 01:58PM

I went out to take a closer look on Saturday.

The good: This car is 100% complete. It runs and drives and has a clean SC title. It appears to be an older restoration. The floors appear to be original and are all there with no rust that I could see.

The bad: The convertible top is worn and there is one sewn-on patch over the passenger side front. There was a bit of moisture on the carpet in the driver's floor. (It is being kept outside and it has been raining a lot lately.) There are blocks behind the wheels, so I assume that the parking brake doesn't work. There is evidence of some mold and mildew on the seat covers.

The ugly: Rust in the lower door corners. Possible rust under rocker moldings. A rather unsightly patch of body filler that hasn't been sanded on the right rear quarter. A large dent on the left side of the hood that prevents it from closing properly. A dent that extends the whole length of the cowl panel that seems to correspond with the previously mentioned dent. I believe a tree branch may have fallen on it.

I think it's a healthy foundation and it is a good candidate for a restoration. Having seen it up close, I feel the price is a bit high, but I am sure it is negotiable.

John Carver
Landrum, South Carolina

1964 Monza Convertible

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.