home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Kee Convertible Tops
Posted by: MoxyRamone ()
Date: March 16, 2017 04:42PM

I stumbled across this company on my random daily search for Corvair parts...

Kee, out of Charlotte NC.

Anyone ever used one of their convertible tops? They are relatively inexpensive, and I know you get what you pay for, but on my budget, I am willing to take a chance if they are alright.

John Carver
Landrum, South Carolina

1964 Monza Convertible, 110 PG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kee Convertible Tops
Posted by: irfgt ()
Date: March 16, 2017 06:48PM

Kee makes excellent products. Their specialty is Corvette tops. I have never used a Corvair top from them but I would not hesitate to do so knowing their overall quality. Ecklers Corvette sells their Corvette tops.

Posted by: Caveman_1960 ()
Date: March 17, 2017 07:29AM

Their price is within $40 or so of Clark's Corvair Parts for a late model top. Your choice and your $$$ but you might want to consider the value in supporting our Corvair vendors? - Caveman Pete

Posted by: cepak ()
Date: March 17, 2017 08:38AM

I went with the Haartz Stayfast Canvas instead of the
vinyl and I bought the top from the The Convertible Top Guys and the price right now is $560.
The reason for me choosing the convertible top guys over Clark's was the reviews I read on the Haartz Stayfast Canvas material.
It was guaranteed for five years and the cloth didn't fade, where as Clark's states that thier cloth is classy, but can fade.
You can go with vinyl for around $340. I bought the new top weather stripping from Clarks.
I must say, unless you are a pureist and are restoring to factory, that I really think the cloth top is the way to go.
Even though it is black, in the 100+ degree heat the cloth breaths
and doesn't trap the heat like the original white vinyl top did. And it looks sharp.

One other note, with the Convertible Top Guys you can get the top in 12 different colors if you don't want black.

Tom Cepak

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2017 08:42AM by cepak.

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: March 17, 2017 09:16AM

got 64 top and boot from Clarks, really nicesmiling smiley

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Posted by: MoxyRamone ()
Date: March 17, 2017 04:25PM

Caveman_1960 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Their price is within $40 or so of Clark's Corvair
> Parts for a late model top. Your choice and your
> $$$ but you might want to consider the value in
> supporting our Corvair vendors? - Caveman Pete

The original information I got about pricing was apparently wrong. I got a quote from the company after my original post and the price they gave me was actually MORE than Clark's. For the money, I would rather go with Clark's. They always have the correct parts with the best fit. I do try to support our vendors. Without them, we have no hobby.

John Carver
Landrum, South Carolina

1964 Monza Convertible, 110 PG

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: March 17, 2017 05:41PM

You can ask Clark's what brand(s) they have. A few years back they sold a quality brand vinyl top.

As for cloth - go with the best available, and it will be expensive. The less expensive cloth tops don't last. Also near the coast the seagulls will ruin a cloth top. One "plop" and it's permanently stained.

Posted by: donald g ()
Date: March 18, 2017 01:54PM

I have used Kee tops for three restorations- the green one on Brett Fullards "'66 turbo with air", a white one on a '65 evening orchid Corsa, and a red Hartz cloth on a '62 red Buick Special. Excellent product!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.