home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WTB: Looking for nice '65 vent window assemblies
Posted by: Sir Thomas ()
Date: March 14, 2017 08:41AM

needpart

I'd appreciate hearing leads for either a good set of '65 vent window assemblies with nice presentable chrome or possibly two complete coupe doors. I'm heading down the back stretch of my '65 Corsa coupe refurbishing and my vent window chrome is really badly pitted. They have to be replaced. There is some rust at the front lower corners of both doors too, but if I find good vent window assemblies I believe I can fix my doors with a little welding magic. But hey if I find nice windows attached to complete doors that don't need patching I gain some time, so either option can work for me.

I'm in north central Indiana and am willing drive a ways to get these parts. Or if someone from far away has a nice driver quality set of vent window assemblies they can part with, shipping might be a great option. I'm flexible. My glass is clear, not tinted which might make the search a little easier. Please let me know what's available.

Thomas Ratliff
Marion, Indiana
Fitch Sprint (in progress)
thomas.ratliff@indwes.edu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 09:59AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTB: Looking for nice '65 vent window assemblies
Posted by: jimc ()
Date: March 14, 2017 09:39AM

Thomas,

I bought the long front window casting or vent post, rechromed from California Corvairs, they were beautiful.

The vent post (long piece) are now $80 each and the vent window frame is $60 each.

I will look thru my stash for good vent window frames, but after offering them for sale and got no replies I may have given them away.

Jimc
1965 Corsa , HACOA member
AACA 2015 Award Winner

KC Royals, 2015 World Series Champions

Re: WTB: Looking for nice '65 vent window assemblies
Posted by: Sir Thomas ()
Date: March 18, 2017 08:06PM

After reevaluating the condition of my vent windows yesterday I realized that I really don't need the entire assembly, but just the long vent post pieces and the handles. Clark's sells a set of the handles (C775X) for $25.05. That's certainly within my price point. The suggestion of connecting with California Corvairs for rechromed long vent post pieces was good to hear as they look terrific on their website and everyone who has mentioned them have been complimentary of their quality of work. While they are very likely worth the $80 per side pricetag, that's unfortunately out of my reach at the moment. So I'm refocusing my parts search to just the long chrome vent posts hoping to find a set in really "good" condition, but not necessarily show quality for a more comfortable price that I can afford today. Should be much less expensive for shipping too.

Thomas Ratliff
Marion, Indiana
Fitch Sprint (in progress)
thomas.ratliff@indwes.edu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.