Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Koni shock settings
Posted by: Jim Bannister ()
Date: March 06, 2005 09:40AM

Hi All,
I'm about ready to install a set of adjustable koni shocks on my LM convertible. Can anybody give me a tip as to what setting to use for a street driven car. I don't want to shake my teeth out, but want decent control as well.
Thanks in advance, Jim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Koni shock settings
Posted by: Matt Nall ()
Date: March 06, 2005 11:45AM

Start in the Middle....then adjust to YOUR feel!

Posted by: "UNSAFE" ()
Date: March 06, 2005 01:15PM

I would start out with the fronts in the soft position and add 1/2 to 1 turn on the rears. Drive it for awhile then adjust to suit your driving style.

You will like Koni's. I have used them on all of my vairs and a few other cars I've owned. In my opinion they are the best shock you can buy.

Rears are easy to adjust when installed but fronts are a little tougher to get to.

Note original style Koni wings decals in pic.

"UNSAFE"

Attachments:
Posted by: Bill Elliott ()
Date: March 06, 2005 06:00PM

Actually, I like Bilsteins better, but since those are absolutely unobtanium for Corvairs now (I recently offered a friend $800 for a set of rebuilt Corvair Bilsteins... unsuccessfully... and then ended up selling him a worn out pair that came attached to the '66 turbo convertible I bought from the daughter of the man that imported and sold all of the Corvair Bilsteins...

But pipe dreams out of the way, I'm with you that Konis are the best overall shock for the street. (I still like Carrera for the track... but the Koni ride is MUCH better...)

Bill

Posted by: "UNSAFE" ()
Date: March 06, 2005 08:20PM

Bill E. wrote >>>>I like Bilsteins better, but since those are absolutely unobtanium for Corvairs now <<<

I noticed SC Performance has some things up for bid including a new pair of front bilsteins and a full set of Konis. I have bids on both.

Are the shocks in the pic the unobtainium version?

"UNSAFE"

Attachments:
Posted by: Bill Elliott ()
Date: March 07, 2005 10:21AM

Yes they are. But be aware that the high bidder in this case is the same person that refused to take $800 for his set. My guess is he wants them worse than either of us do...

I was preparing a snipe when he placed his bid. I'm not going to bother...

Bill

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.