Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
New Viton Logo
Posted by: Curtis ()
Date: February 27, 2005 04:50PM

Hey guys,

I was going through the list of parts that i need for my 66 when it occured to me that Viton really doesn't have any sort of logo. So i started playing with some ideas for fun when i came up with this! I'm going to make this into a decal for my 66.

Curtis

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Viton Logo
Posted by: David Clamp ()
Date: February 27, 2005 05:19PM

You did a good job with that one. I just finished putting a Holley 390 center-mounted carb on my Corsa today. Maybe I should do a "Holley Inside" logo yawning smiley)

Date: February 27, 2005 06:05PM

I can make it up really easy if you would like. No problem! Let me know.

Curtis

A day's work
Date: February 27, 2005 06:24PM

Here's the install I did. The nice new and clean carb setup makes the rest of the engine look bad now. The second pic is from a 1970's IECO catalog.

Attachments:

Posted by: Bob Gill ()
Date: February 27, 2005 07:40PM

This is what I did this weekend.
Sent a Vair to the graveyard. sad smiley

Attachments:

Date: February 27, 2005 07:57PM

I feel like we should be in mourning.

Date: February 28, 2005 12:07AM

Why did you feel it needed to be junked? The body looks better then mine. You could have sold the chrome off of it too.

Curtis

Curtis
Posted by: Bob Gill ()
Date: February 28, 2005 05:25AM

Curtis,

Here's the link to the auction where it was purchased. It has a good description of the vehicle.

[cgi.ebay.com]

Theres a lot that you can't see in the pics. The bumpers were in poor condition, rusted and bent. All the chrome was badly pitted and the body was mostly rust, most areas covered with a bad bondo job. It was bought as a part car and all that was worth claiming on it was removed. It would have cost much more than it would ever be worth to restore to even a drivable condition.

In addtion it was stored at a friends house where the good stuff was removed and had to be removed in a timely manner. Sadly, it was #34 of the new 1965 line manufactured in Los Angeles.

I really did feel bad junking it but its abuse started long before I owned it so think of it this way, it died so others could live. Many of the part I don't need are being offered for free to those in the Dallas TX area who would be willing to pick them up and I'll be adding more soon. Check the classifieds on the NTCA website.
www.northtexascorvair.org.

I'm in mourning too. sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.