Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
what is this part?
Posted by: rick macdonald ()
Date: February 26, 2005 11:19AM

HI, I did the stupidest thing and stripped my doors of all parts..I put every nut and bolt in a big box, thinking I could sort it all out when the car went back together.

Of course, I have no idea what goes where now that the doors are back on the car. I can figure most of it out, but these things both have broken bolts in them and need to be replaced...'s the one part in Clark's used catalog that isn't exactly pictured...

some sort of window channel, but whether it's front or rear (this is an early 4door) is beyond me!!!

Thanks, -Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
what is this part?
Posted by: Steve O ()
Date: February 26, 2005 02:49PM

Looks like it's the channel that goes behind the front door vent window. The "u shape" faces the rear of the car. I would post a clip from the parts manual but my scanner is not cooperating - if you have a parts manual, look at item 10.686.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what is this part?
Posted by: Ronnie ()
Date: February 27, 2005 11:08PM

I think it is the window channels for the rear doors. They sit at the rear of the door, with the angled part (the one at the right in your picture) facing down.
I'm not 100% sure though, since it was some years I worked with this on my 1961 4-door.

Ronnie in Sweden

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.