Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 18 of 18
Re: Setting Up 64 Greenbrier Deluxe For Road Use
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: August 20, 2020 10:24AM

Still waiting on Donna to be taken in for the test. So we agreed I could wait at home.

I removed screws and partially removed instrument panel. Installed left defroster duct. Reinstalled panel

Installed radio pod.

Troubleshot rear dome light. Found metal taps holding door switches closed. Slid tabs off and still no rear dome light illumination. Followed wire in left rear corner down into bay by battery. Found the end of a fuse holder. I guess the other end was removed when I cleaned up the wiring in the area. Put blue masking tape on wire identifying what wire is for.

3 remaining projects I had planned for the van will not be done. (Front air dam, back up lights and headlight relay system) It will be transferred as it currently is configured.

Al
Georgia

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 22, 2020 11:42AM

Got horn activation parts assembled per Marco's Instructions. Thank you Marco.

Pressed horn ring and I hear relay clicking but no horn blare. Changed relay and got same result. Put another horn on the horn wire and grounded it. Same issue. Thought I have a wire issue from relay to horn.

Hooked meter to horn wire to check for battery voltage. Pressed horn ring and got 12.5 volts. Relay & wiring good. Bad Greenbrier horn. It will be replaced.

The car horn I tested on the van was tested on a battery. It is failed. I gathered all my spare horns and tested them. I have 4 good high note horns and 2 good low note horns. I have 7 bad car horns and 1 bad FC horn going to scrap.

Installed high and low horns on the Greenbrier. Modified wiring to connect both horns. Connected horns and tested them. They sound off real good.

Al
Georgia

Date: September 05, 2020 05:45PM

Changed right hi beam bulb today. It had about 1 1/2 of water in it. No cracks so the seal between lens and rear reflector had to been failing.

Installed a T3 replacement and it lasted 2 minutes. Found one more (last one I have) and it worked for 5 minutes until I turned switch off.

Al
Georgia

Date: October 06, 2020 02:42AM

I was out yesterday with the Greenbrier and stopped by the local recycle yard. No, not to scrap the van.

I asked for a weighing of the van. With a 3/4 tank of fuel, the van weighs 3360 pounds. Without me in it. Thought it would be a good data point in case it was ever asked about.

Al
Georgia

Date: November 16, 2020 02:43PM

Fixed lighter circuit wire and added fuse to wire.

Added a fused power outlet to right side of radio pod.

Lubricated heat control cable.

Replaced heater fan switch.

Al
Georgia

Current Page: 18 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.