Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Misc Ramblings : Portland
Posted by: "UNSAFE" ()
Date: February 22, 2005 05:01PM

The national convention in Portland is just around the corner.

I made my room reservations at the Portland host hotel and also for the Iowa event in June.

I called Portland for room rates for a few days before and after the convention dates. What a mistake that was .

The nice lady on the phone said she is a brunette, but I'm sure she has blonde roots!

I recommend booking online.

Rate appears to be same as convention dates.

I am contemplating buying an aluminum rollback trailer like in pic. 1200# Any input ?

I need to find somewhere not too far from Portland to store my car/trailer/truck for a couple weeks between the two events. happy to pay a fair price. Please help !

Who on this list plans to be there? Ehren? Max? Ryan ? Chet? Royce? Rick ??????

I expect to see Matt and Larry and some of the Canada guys.

Lunch is on me, if we can get a Corvair Center forum group together !

Who is going to run at the NECC track event on monday ? Only verts or comp cars need rollbars. Register soon !

I'll be there ! Looking forward to "swapping lies" with some of you.

Bummed about the drag races being cancelled though, Oh well.

I noticed Bruce meinking made a first post on FastVairs, Maybe now we'll find out more about those billet heads and 4.25" cylinders.

"UNSAFE"
Kevin Willson
65 Monza

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Misc Ramblings : Portland
Posted by: Ryan Counterman ()
Date: February 22, 2005 06:20PM

Sorry No Portland for me, a bit far, but I will be in Iowa! We will have to have lunch or something. Kevin I assume you sent in your $40 to race your car on the gokart track at Marshalltown right? I sent mine in, I think it will be the V8VAIR's 1st race. I was definatly excited to hear that you will be there!

Re:Who's trailer?
Posted by: Matt Nall ()
Date: February 22, 2005 07:21PM

Kevin..whose the manuf.? I cannot remember...

Re:Who's trailer?
Date: February 22, 2005 07:53PM

the trailer pictured is on eb@y. Marty Horine @ Hot Rod trailers.

It is in Kansas City Mo. which is only a few hours from where my car is now.

It's not cheap but I really like the easy load feature and it's light weight.

I plan to pull it with my Toyota Tundra 4x4. V8

It's "supposed" to tow 7100#s.

I might be like "the little train that could" going up the steep mountains.
I think I can, I think I can. I think I can !gg

I may end up with a lesser trailer but I will have a trailer.

Just express mailed my marshalltown registration form, Hope I'm not too late. I'll be there either way !

"UNSAFE"

Posted by: Ehren ()
Date: February 22, 2005 08:26PM

well, i better be there, im the indoor vendors and swapmeet chairman. also i plan on running my vair on monday, that is if i get it done in time. i'm getting a full roll cage put in by a very competant fabricator here in portland (where i live). going to totally rewire the car, and still need to get the engine and diff built, and of corse tune the engine, cant run fuel inj without any tuning. if the vair isnt done, which i highly doubt i might have to run my newly aquired volvo 850 T5 on monday.
i would be down with a corvair center lunch. you also might be able to store your trailer at my place, would have to ask the parents first though.

ehren

Date: February 22, 2005 08:33PM

Hi Ryan. I just received a reply from Merv wacker in Iowa and he said the event is NOT full yet and I can still get in. I was worried that I might have waited too long as there were less than 50 openings to start with.

Are you doing the autocross also ?

Will you be done with body and paint by then ?

I can't wait.

I should be there on the preceding saturday.

Look for me when you get settled in.

Is Steve R. going to be there to run his championship drag racing rampside on the kart track???

Street Modified for me I think.

"UNSAFE"

Posted by: Ryan Counterman ()
Date: February 23, 2005 02:43PM

Hello Kevin...I am pumped for Iowa...am trying to find a sutible tow vehicle, that can haul lots. Looking at buying an older suburban or something right now, if all else fails Ill be towing it out there with my F250 Powerstroke work truck, but it lacks air and cruise...As for your questions:

Are you doing the autocross also ?
Yes

Will you be done with body and paint by then ?

Uh...Yes? I hope so, hopefully interior will be done also, gonna try to do a lottle more body work tonight...30 degrees outside now, and about 45 in the garage...brrrr...

Is Steve R. going to be there to run his championship drag racing rampside on the kart track???

He will be taking his little '62 140 Spyder coupe out there, and he is planning on running it, but I doubt he has sent in his registration yet, ill have to get on him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.