Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
65 Monza 'vert for sale
Posted by: Chris Conner ()
Date: February 16, 2005 08:26PM

My schedule has become too busy to have any time to work on my Vair. So, in the interest of gaining back some garage space, I'm putting it up for sale. I'm going to try to buy a more restored Vair later.

The particulars:
Located in El Paso, TX
I have a New Mexico title that the previous owner signed over and will provide a bill of sale as well.

$2700 OBO

1965 Monza Convertible with A/C (looks Factory)
Red with a white top and black interior
Partial Corsa clone with Corsa emblems, dash and simulated wood wheel
140hp engine with 4speed
Original AM radio

New parts:

*Shifter seal on front of transmission. Clark's brass shift tube kit
*Clutch, pilot bearing, TO bearing, clutch fork, input shaft seal, bell housing gasket
*Top cover gaskets and fan bearing
****Mallory distributor installed but never set or started
****Ignition coil, MSD 6A box installed but never set or started
*Oil pan Gasket
*Clutch Spring

The old distributor is included.

I was working on an EFI conversion using an IECO style 4 barrel adaptor that i will throw in along with the original carbs and fuel pump and any other parts I have around.

The engine has good compression on all cylinders and will run once everything is back in its proper place. All the work I did allows for the car to be returned back to stock very easily.

I believe the A/C was original to the 110 that was most likely in there.
The body tag on the rear frame rail is missing so I don't know for sure. The A/C has never been hooked up and I dont know what condition its in.

Top is in good condition

There is poorly repaired rust under the windshield on both sides and the antenna is missing.

The interior is basically shot and needs to be replaced.

Exterior paint is so-so but will need to be redone.

Brakes and bearings haven't been touched but it stops and doesn't make any unusual noises. Extra set of rear springs (used) included.

4 original hubcaps included. It will need one tire to be able to be moved. A full trailer for hauling is recommended.

65 shop manual and all my books and extra parts will be incuded.

If interested in the EFI stuff, I'll throw in the Megasquirt ECU and relay board I built as well as the (4) 21 lb/hrinjectors and high pressure fuel pump for an additional $300

If intertested, e-mail me at conn110@hotmail.com and I'll send you some pics.

For questions call 915-759-0264

Thanks,
Chris

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.