Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Parking Brake Assist for Rear Disks
Posted by: "UNSAFE" ()
Date: February 16, 2005 05:44PM

In a previous thread about about rear disk parking brakes Ehren mentioned using a parking brake assist by Mico.

I was curious, and after weeding thru a few pages about big-rig semi brakes I found this page----

[tsmmfg.com]

It sounds like the ticket for me with my Caddy rear calipers, My park brake works mechanically but does not hold well enough.

The park brake assist is likely NOT a "legal" alternative to a mechanical system but would sure beat not having anything on a rear disk car.

You can even hook it up to your horn to warn you if you are loosing brake pressure before your car rolls away.

It's unlike a line-lock that needs current to hold.

I had something similar on my wrecker back in the 70s.

Ehren, Do you have a part #.

"UNSAFE"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parking Brake Assist for Rear Disks
Posted by: rick macdonald ()
Date: February 16, 2005 06:36PM

"My park brake works mechanically but does not hold well enough."

Find a tree and a come-along, you'll be all set!

Just kidding!

Posted by: Ehren ()
Date: February 16, 2005 08:39PM

the one I got is different than the one UNSAFE showed on the link. The one I got is called a twist lock where you twist the knob to lock it in place. they also have a lever lock and a cable operated style. The pciture is off of the catalog a guy at work gave me because he didnt need it anymore. he got one for his Bronco but also uses a mechanical parking brake i believe. They are not really cheap. for the lever lock i have a part number of 02-640-125. for the twist lock the part number is 03-640-075. the single (cable operated) part number is 02-640-023. I got mine from a local (portland, OR) business, I can't remember the name of it exactly, its Brake systems or Brake specialties or something. there is no email or web page on the catalog, but the address is

Mico Incorporated
1911 Lee Blvd/ P.O. Box 2118
North Mankato, Minnesota 56002-2118
phone # (507) 625-6426

Attachments:
Date: February 16, 2005 08:46PM

Heres the web address to the place i purchased mine from. not a great web site and dont think it shows the brake suplement. but it does have address and ph# if cant find another place to buy from.

[www.brakesystemsinc.com]

Date: February 16, 2005 08:51PM

for the third reply. i went to the contacts page and it had a link to mico directly. the web address is just [www.mico.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.