Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: I Spy...
Posted by: Goop Of Oil ()
Date: July 22, 2019 03:32PM

The 2018 Movie "First Man".

Nice Late Model Convertible dead center of the shot. In the movie, this was the people gathered to protest the war & watch the lift off in 1969.

Mark Holmlund

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2019 03:34PM by Goop Of Oil.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CoCoCo ()
Date: July 22, 2019 08:47PM

Good catch. I have it recorded, but have not had time to watch it yet.

Paul

Date: July 22, 2019 08:48PM

MattNall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Probably fairly new then!

NO doubt! Pretty sure this was taken in about '66, but really could have been anytime between '64 and '68 if memory serves. Thinking '68 was too late for that look on mom.
They may even have been traveling in dad's '64. That car did a lot of miles and a lot of trips.

Paul

Date: July 26, 2019 07:27PM

Lots of sightings this week, what with all the coverage of the sixties and the space program. Lots of Vairs involved in a peripheral capacity, so to speak...

Attachments:

Posted by: Goop Of Oil ()
Date: July 29, 2019 07:41PM

Have not seen the Movie yet but just saw a LM in the trailer for the 2019 Movie;

"The Best of Enemies"

https://www.youtube.com/embed/eKM6fSTs-A0

Mark Holmlund

Attachments:

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: July 29, 2019 10:10PM

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood... Just a Brad Pitt is picking up the Manson Family girl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2019 10:11PM by MattNall.

Attachments:
Date: August 06, 2019 12:38AM

Gotta keep coming back to Tod and Buzz for the easy sightings.
Actually I was waiting for the episode where they change from the C1 to the C2 Corvette to see how they handle it. Tod's a rich boy, so I'm guessing they don't even bother to 'splain it away.
Last few episodes were coming up on the end of the '62 year.

Thought they'd done it however, as for a whole two episodes at the end of '62 and the first week of '63 Tod ran around in a '63 'Vette with no Buzz to be seen. Not sure what happened, but then the next episode (in this pic) from the second week of Jan '63 had George Maharis back, but they were back to driving around in the old car!

Oh well, I guess it won't be easy to track down what happened and the continuity folks were on vacation maybe. Just like when during the early days of The Lone Ranger, it was obvious that Clayton Moor was no longer behind the mask!
But as soon as they get back to the '63 permanently I'll consider my mission over and don't have to watch them anymore. It's just something I remembered from watching the shows when they were new and never seeing the episodes where they changed to newer and newer Corvettes.
Kind of stuck in my memory all these years and wanted to see it happen.

Paul

Attachments:
Date: August 29, 2019 12:01PM

From the home movies of one Jim Drake, an engineer on the Apollo program at North American Aviation in so CA.
Taken on the day he first tried out his new invention, the "kyte powered" Wind-surfboard.

Paul

Attachments:
Date: September 05, 2019 11:51PM

At Gene Winfield's property where Jay drove the "Landmaster" vehicle featured in the movie Damnation Alley and made by Dean Jeffries.
Never it spent many years in storage right here in Campbell.

Attachments:
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.