Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: For sale: 1966 Corsa Turbo Convertible (with A/C) for sale
Posted by: joe moore ()
Date: October 18, 2014 06:46AM

You have a gorgeous car worth every penny don't let these D's put you down go for 35000.00 an let them all eat shit joe

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BrentF ()
Date: October 18, 2014 06:49AM

Mel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rebody grinning smiley

Sorry Mel, but the only conclusions that can be reached at this point are conclusions about your character as a person and the lengths (depths?) you will go to in order to sell your rosette rivets.

Posted by: irvan ()
Date: October 18, 2014 07:37AM

It's probably about as nice as Corvairs (or other cars) get, good luck with the sale, some ones gonna get a great car.

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: October 18, 2014 08:04AM

BrentF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Rebody grinning smiley
>
> Sorry Mel, but the only conclusions that can be
> reached at this point are conclusions about your
> character as a person and the lengths (depths?)
> you will go to in order to sell your rosette
> rivets.
I've never been impressed by smug car waxersthumbs down,your conclusions mean nothing to mesmoking smiley, I'm impressed with the guy you paid to restore the Corvair, very nice job thumbs upGood luck with the salethumbs up too bad about the VIN tamperingsad smiley

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Posted by: BrentF ()
Date: October 18, 2014 08:36AM

Mel. Your sweeping assumptions are simply breathless, namely that I am merely some smug car waxer (false) or that I paid Don Magas to restore this vehicle (false) or that there was VIN tampering (false). or that you wish me well with the sale (all evidence is to the contrary).

I look forward to your next entry, as you continue to reveal your true character.

Posted by: jerry thomas ()
Date: October 18, 2014 10:09AM

Brent, absolutely beautiful car! I hope you get what you are asking.
On the issue of "stock", who really has a bone stock car?
Have you gone to radial tires? Changed the push rod tube seals to vitron?
Added a dual master cylinder for safety? Brighter bulbs in the dash or other lights? Added sealbelts to a car that did not have them? Or seats from some other car for more comfort? Etc, etc.
Maybe we need a different classification for these cars, certainly not "stock".
On the issue of the VIN tag, I agree with others who have said most people would not know if it has been moved, altered or whatever.
When we bought our 66 Turbo convertible I went to DMV in NY with a Georgia title signed over to the previous owner and a bill of sale from him to me. No one has ever verified that the VIN # on the car is the VIN # on the paperwork, other than me. Maybe other states are tougher, but I think a lot of this BS to be polite. I know people who have built cars from multiple vehicles and either pick one of the VIN # or even have the state assign a new # as homebuilt.
Just my thoughts.

Diane & Jerry Thomas
Greenwich, NY (Albany/Saratoga area)
64 Monza convertible
66 Corsa Turbo convert

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: October 18, 2014 10:10AM

Brent, ignore him. He is not even a club member (I think he said too expensive). Your car is AWESOME. Period. Worth every penny IMO.

Posted by: 63spyder ()
Date: October 18, 2014 01:33PM

Awesome car , I'm not much into green but yours works well. I especially like the matching top. I don't think there is a convertible as much fun to drive as one with the top down and air cranked up. That defiantly is a car to be proud of. Guess I need to get mine done. Lol

Wayne in Glide Oregon
63 spyder conv.(wifes car finished ,owned 17 years)65 monza conv.unfinished 14 years and never driven,yet!!!.61 rampside (new toy and distraction)

Posted by: donald g ()
Date: October 18, 2014 05:34PM

By way o introduction, my name is Don Magas, previous owner and restorer of Brent Fullards '66 turbo conv't. The VIN plate question has been legitimized by Pa DMV, US Customs and Ontario DMV, all with the plate in it's present position--end of story!
As an"old hobbist"-both in age and length of restoration career, my experience has shown that "market value" is always determined by a seller and a buyer agreeing on a price.I have been "into" Corvairs since purchasing a new Monza conv't Nov. of 1962 (also purchased new a 1964 Spyder conv't and 1968 fully optioned Monza conv't) and have had a Corvair in my life every year since.Four previous Corsa conv't total restorations resulted in sales well above "market value". I've always felt that Corvair owners of exceptional cars have undervalued them.
To Brent I say- you and I have known the pure pleasure and pride of ownership of
"66 Turbo convertible with AC", as will the subsequent owner.

Posted by: firevair66 ()
Date: October 18, 2014 06:40PM

I also purchased my 66 350 v8 from Ontario thru customs then registered here in PA with a relocated VIN Plate with no problems as long as the plate is attached to a fixed frame member and not easily removed end of story.

John Shoemaker,Riegelsville,PA.
1958 Impala Sport Cp. 348 ,pg/ac
61 Rampside full custom show truck
65 Monza 110/4 vert driver
65 Full Custom Monza 140 Cp
66 Monza 110/PG Vert
66 Corsa FITCH SPRINT Documented ( in Process,recondition)
66 CorV8 350 "firevair"Custom Show

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: October 18, 2014 06:46PM

Great job on the Corsa Don truly world class restoration work, but wouldn't the VIN plate relocation be more legitimate if the correct illegal rosette rivets were usedconfused smiley

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Posted by: donald g ()
Date: October 19, 2014 05:16AM

I didn't indicate that I had relocated the plate!I do like your syntax-mixing legitmate and illegal in the same sentence. Don

Posted by: UGLYTRUK ()
Date: October 19, 2014 06:14AM

10 years ago I got a call from the state police asking if I owned a '65 Rambler Roque 2 door hartop. I said yessssss, and immediately thot that that car was rotting in the woods. In fact someone had saved it, and it was sitting at the polie barracks as my name came up as last registered owner.

I met the new owner, and brot some suporting docs. He paid me for the car, and the motor vehicle inspector questioned the legitimacy of the VIN plate being affixed with one large spot weld.

I exlpained to the inspector I had other Ramblers, and they were the same. He was sure some tampering had been done.

Kinda weird IMO that the right side of the VIN tag was basically flapping in the breeze.

BTW the car had 37k, little rust and the new owner was restoring it last I saw a few months later. That was 10 years ago, glad he ended up with it, as the rest of the cars there got crushed last summer

Posted by: Barry M. ()
Date: October 19, 2014 08:12AM

I have followed this topic for the past few days and want to make one comment and one suggestion.

That is probably the nicest looking LM convertible I have ever seen and I appreciate the opportunity to see the pictures.

My suggestion is that each of us treat everyone with respect on this phorum and keep it one of the best phorums in existence.

Barry Maupin
Oliver Springs, TN

1964 500 Coupe 3 spd. (12,000 miles)
1964 Monza Convertible
1965 Corsa Convertible

Posted by: radicalratz1950 ()
Date: October 27, 2017 03:37PM

A beautifully orchestrated and completed restoration. As I look at the dates on these threads, 10/17/2014 etc, I am wondering if the nice fellow did sell the car, is he currently the one offering it for sale on Hemming's ?

Posted by: red monza ()
Date: March 11, 2018 09:36AM

I love your car...the color/top combo is one of top dollar...I had a 64 Pontiac conv, dark blue with light blue top...that added to its value and appearance much more than a generic white or black could ever add to its value.

Any car, that has gone thru a quality complete restore has had an extreme amount of money and time spent on that car....I have built 3 street rods from the ground up, and they all took years of labor...not counting the thousands and thousands of dollars spent one each one. If I had put a cost to MY LABOR...each would have had a tremendous cost. For example, my 49 Chevy fleetline took 4 years to build, I worked on it 7 days a week, sometimes 10 hours, most were 8 hours a day, and a few 4 hours or so on car show days. I have turned down $30,000.00 two times for the car...that barely covers the actual cost of parts and outside labor....and not sure its not more....and that does not include my time...my thousands of hours.

So, in summary, your car is well worth your asking, in 10 years I see it worth 40-50 thousand easily. If you look on Craigslist or Classic car sale sites, you are actually LOW in my opinion. Good luck selling and hold your price or at least close....who ever thought a VW bus would sell for $125,000.00?

Attachments:

Re: SOLD!! : 1966 Corsa Turbo Convertible (with A/C) for sale
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: March 11, 2018 05:17PM

I am in the midst of doing a complete, down to the last fastener (literally), pavement-up resto of a '67 4 door. To date (and am not done), I have spent, or have set aside to cover estimates for contracted work, far in excess of what you are asking for the car. But since I expect to go to the grave owning it, I don't care. Point is, you're low on the price, vs what the resto probably cost. Someone somewhere is or has lost one big bucket of money.

As to the moved VIN, I'd have to see up close as to why it was moved, yet regardless would probably move it back (if I bought the car), with the rosette rivets. But that's just me.

Concerning the rest of the car, It's gorgeous! I like most of the mods. Only one I would have a problem with is the condenser location. Have heard mixed results in the Air 'Vair Group meetings and other discussions as to its effectiveness and safety. General conclusion is that it's a difficult location to make work (air flow/pressure is working against it) and that it may allow CO2 to leak into the car. Would have to have some real world experience with the car to know whether it works, and how well.

Just some thoughts....

-Mark

Re: SOLD!! : 1966 Corsa Turbo Convertible (with A/C) for sale
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 11, 2018 05:28PM

Mark!! this topic is from 4 years ago!! Long sold and gone to FLA.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.