home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 15 of 16
Re: Dainer's Rampy Project
Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: January 11, 2017 11:11AM

Cool find! Actually, 100 KPH = 62 MPH (62.137, actually). 60 MPH is 96.56 KPH. Frequently you'll see European car makers list performance specs for 0-62 MPH since what they really measured was 0-100 KPH.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Oklahoma City, OK

Click for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Forecast

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: January 11, 2017 12:49PM

You caught the typ-o!
65 not 60.thumbs up

Corventure Dave

Date: March 15, 2017 10:33AM

Sorta Rampside related...

While crawling around under Dainers Rampside and cleaning up things... I reached up and noticed a small bump on my head. No big deal I thought, but I had it checked out at a Dermatologist.

Yep it was a Basal Cell carcinoma! So had to have some surgery done to remove it. The doctor said he didn't have to go too deep to get it all, but also that my tonsils looked great from that angel!
I told him I got the same report on my tonsils when I had my colonoscopy!

Bottom line is.... Us bald guys need to wear hats!

smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Attachments:
Posted by: macutak ()
Date: March 15, 2017 11:33AM

I am going to hinge my engine cover as well. Any photos of how you did yours? I am thinking of putting in a gas tube arm that auto raises the deck when I turn a handle.

I'm almost done. I just need...

Date: March 15, 2017 12:02PM

Check page 3 of this thread. There is other info in the "search".

smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Posted by: SpyderMan ()
Date: March 15, 2017 01:34PM

Dave hope your head is healing well.

How are your decals holding up on your air cleaners? I have the air cleaners much like yours powder coated. After a month or so they just flaked off.I did another set thinking I just did a bad job but the same thing happened. I now have the stickers but the do not look very good.

Sam Russell
Durham NC
1962 Monza Wagon
1964 Spyder coupe

Posted by: guy63 ()
Date: March 15, 2017 01:43PM

Five year Melanoma survivor here.

Guy
63 Spyder Coupe
Medina, MN

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: March 15, 2017 02:02PM

Glad you had the bump checked out Dave. Our generation had no clue about sun damage to the skin.

Years ago a fellow at work and I would have lunch occasionally as he once owned a Corvair after graduating college and we had some good Corvair talks.

One day at work I found out a melanoma cancer killed him. By the time it was detected it was too late - he was gone in a month.

Date: March 16, 2017 07:37AM

Yep... get anything strange checked!thumbs up

On the Air Cleaner decals... I switched to the self adhesive decals that go with the oil bath pre air cleaner. These are the ones that are Black with Gold lettering.

Corventure Dave

Date: May 01, 2017 08:43AM

This weekend, we drove Dainers Rampside to Griffith Park, neat L.A. to the "Live Steamers Train Center".
This was an event for Disney employees and they also had a small car show.
Jay Leno is a member of the "Steamers" and occasionally stops by. Unfortunately he did not make this years event.

I am fascinated by the steam engines. These are small scale trains and engines. Some you can ride on. Some small like table top model trains.
Lon Wall would love this!

The Rampside was joined by one other Corvair owned by Bill Casey. He is a retired Disney artist. As with most events the Corvair's get quite a lot of attention. We had a fun day.

Corventure Dave

Attachments:

Date: May 01, 2017 08:48AM

Just a couple examples of the many steam engines that are operated on the tracks here. The trains cover a huge area with multiple tracks, tunnels and miniature scenery around the park.

Made for a fun day

Corventure Dave

Attachments:

Date: July 24, 2017 07:59AM

So this Saturday it was off to the Murphy Auto Museum in Oxnard Calif, for a museum sponsored Corvair show.
We had, I believe 20 Corvair's there on display, right out front of the museum entrance.
A nice array of Earlies, Lates and FC's. That's Ismael's Greenbrier next to the Rampy. He had wanted Greenbrier for many years, and now has this one to enjoy.thumbs up

The museum had local fresh made Taco's and Borrito's there for our lunch. And the museum display this month was vintage campers.
There were no awards for today's show and that was just fine with the participants.
In all it was a great day and another excuse to get Dainer's Rampside out and about again.smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Attachments:

Date: September 15, 2017 08:54AM

Participated in the South Coast Corsa all Corvair show Saturday Sept. 9th.
Corvairs were parked in the Museum, in the parking lot where Dainers Rampside was, and also on the blocked off street out front.
I believe there were over 80 Corvairs at this new location this year. I hope they have it here again next year. Great location. Great food. And great people.smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Attachments:
Date: October 04, 2017 12:02PM

Thought I had posted this update already!!!eye popping smiley

Any who, I just installed "Steve in Merietta's" FC front floor mat re-pop in Dainers Rampside. I am extremely pleased with the outcome. The fit is perfect. Quality excellent and the final look is everything I was looking for.

I had installed the Clarks Gray FC carpet and liked the finished look. No complaints. But when Steve mentioned that he was making a mold and remaking the original mats out of a better material than original, and when he posted a picture of the result... I was all on board.
If you have been following Steve's thread on his restoration of the Fire Brier, you have seen his attention to detail and craftsmanship.

So the final look is here for Dad's Rampside.

What I did:
I carefully removed the Jute backing that Clark's had glued on the FC carpet. This worked as a perfect back or base for the Rubber mat. I did not glue the Jute down to the floor or to the mat. It is working fine as it is. Again, Thank you Steve for taking on this project. I really appreciate and admire the true craftsman we have out there., Beautiful work, and well worth the reasonable price.

smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Attachments:

Date: December 01, 2017 03:22PM

Well, now some fun stuff! Thanks to Mr. Thomas I was able to acquire this little funky looking jewel for Dainers Rampside.

I actually used to think that the accessory clocks for Early Monza's and Fc's looked kind of funky mounted up on the top of the dash. But then... I used to think Corvir FC's also looked funky way back when I didn't yet own one. I avoided this accessory over the years. So ugly is and funky does. It all comes together with vintage style and function. These clocks are not super easy to acquire and you don't see them that often, even in the same vintage "other" Chevrolet's running around. So I have taken the plunge!

Even better... I was able to make an exclusive trade with Pedigo to acquire this clock.smileys with beer Presently it is off to Fred Bybee's to have a quartz movement installed. I still have enough tuch-up paint to detail spray a matching finish on the clock housing when it returns.
Kind of fun.smiling bouncing smiley I do not want to over accessorize the Rampside. But fun funky items like this work for me. The only problem I have is drilling holes in my nice spiffy dash!yawning smiley

More picks to come when I get it back and painted.

Corventure Dave

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 03:26PM by corventure Dave.

Attachments:

Posted by: Pedigo ()
Date: December 01, 2017 03:59PM

I'm really glad you like it,Dave. The quartz movement retrofit with Fred should serve you well,and provide many years of uninterrupted time-keeping.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2017 03:59PM by Pedigo.

Date: December 26, 2017 07:33AM

Over the course of the past few weeks, the clock project commenced and came to completion.
After receiving it from Thomas, I sent it off to Fred Bybee to have the movement replaced. It arrived on my doorstep last week.
I performed the housing disassembly and bead blasted the housing pieces. Next came the detail gun and extra dash paint. I made holders for the 4 parts to be painted and applied the color and clear.

Going to Corvanatics, I was able to obtain the installation sheet that indicated the proper location to drill my dash for mounting the clock!eye popping smiley
Careful measuring and painters tape made this process clean and uneventful.

Reassembly of the clock and putting the wiring together was next. And then finally, installation.

So today I have a funky looking pod sticking up on the dash. I always thought these were a bit ugly. But being an OEM accessory and also one that is not seen real often.... Cool and unique once again beats Ugly!

One more fun thing for Dainer's Rampside.

Thanks Pedigo and Bybee!smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Attachments:

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: December 26, 2017 08:02AM

A man's gotta do what a Man's gotta do! gg

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: December 26, 2017 10:15AM

I like it.

My perception of what looks good has changed over the years. Partly due to the fact that we will NEVER see some of the styling from the 60's again.

Does anyone remember the 1961 Plymouth Fury? Compared to a 61 Chevy or Ford they looked wild and out dated back then. Recently I saw a restored 61 Plymouth Fury and it looked like George Jetson would have owned it. I like it now and it drew a crowd.

Posted by: monza66mo ()
Date: December 26, 2017 10:56AM

corventure Dave Wrote:
"So today I have a funky looking pod sticking up on the dash. I always thought these were a bit ugly."

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder... I think that clock is beautiful! thumbs up

- Art in Missouri
'61 Loadside

Current Page: 15 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.