Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Arizona corvair corral
Posted by: LEE KRAUS ()
Date: February 01, 2014 12:51PM

John of "arizona corvair corral" good source for parts i needed a set of wirer- head light covers he came up with a set in great conditon and with the hard to clips to attach. 1-480-242-1211. lee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Arizona corvair corral
Posted by: geezer43 ()
Date: February 01, 2014 03:13PM

John Seaman of Arizona Corvair Corral is my go to guy when I need a part. Got a nice used generator when I went over to get my fan bearing greased. The old generator went up in a nice puff of blue smoke on the way over. Those things stink when they fry!

He needs a bigger shop. The current one is full to the ceiling, not sure how he knows where everything is.

Jim Johnson, Chandler, AZ
63 Corvair convertible (new top coming)
Cactus Corvair Club

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: February 01, 2014 07:58PM

He has taken over for old time Corvair guy Charlie Dye. He told me his dad and CD were old buddies "back in the day". Explains where he got all his inventory too. Good inventory, fair prices, and pleasant demeanor has been my experience when dealing with John.

Posted by: Bongo767 ()
Date: February 02, 2014 07:50AM

John Seaman stole $11,000.00 dollars from me. Told me he put a new 140 engine and transmission in my car. Would not start car when I came to get it. I then shipped the car to Michael Leveque, and he told me I had a worn out engine, and the transmission and the clutch was my original transmission and clutch set up for racing, and worn out. I am suing John Seaman and the Arizona Corvair Corral. He is a crook.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2014 07:52AM by Bongo767.

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: February 02, 2014 11:05AM

Bongo767 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John Seaman stole $11,000.00 dollars from me...

I've known John for many years with no issues in buying and selling parts and several cars.

I have heard quite a different version concerning the mess with your LM that is supposed to be YS-316. I have followed the story about your car because I came close to buying it until I found out the seller could not back the Yenko claims.

Hope you guys work it out.

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2014 11:15AM by azdave.

Date: February 02, 2014 12:06PM

Doesn't matter what the car is or isn't. I paid John Seaman for a new 140 engine and transmission. He told me lots of BS. But in the end, he tried to foist a used, worn out engine on me as new. There are other issues others have had with him, and are posted about him. In his reply, he claims that it was a new engine that started in his garage, and somehow while in transit to Michael Leveque, it morphed into a worn out non-starting engine.

He is a crook, and a thief.

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: February 02, 2014 12:25PM

Reminds me of the time my Brother in Law took his well-built '67 Camaro to a guy for a disc brake conversion. It came out of the guy's shop with a well worn generic 350 instead of his built motor.

Lots of finger pointing but in the end there was no way to know or prove what happened to the built motor. (The guy in the brake shop swapped it out) I wonder who had access to your car (Bongo) and if something similar occurred?

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
65 Canadian Monza 4dr 110/PG 40k
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Date: February 02, 2014 01:14PM

Good thing I documented the whole process, with witnesses that will testify about the condition and chain of custody. John couldn't produce any receipts, nor could he start the car.

He was hoping that I would just go away and wouldn't deal with this problem, because I live on the east coast, he is wrong.

He even charged me for an AC unit that he couldn't produce, and the one he wanted to sell me was a complete POS, but he charged me anyways.

He has crap parts, and most of the inventory is going to waste, and few people are dealing with him because he is a crook and a thief, and that usually catches up to you.

cnicol Wrote:
> Reminds me of the time my Brother in Law took his
> well-built '67 Camaro to a guy for a disc brake
> conversion. It came out of the guy's shop with a
> well worn generic 350 instead of his built motor.
>
> Lots of finger pointing but in the end there was
> no way to know or prove what happened to the built
> motor. (The guy in the brake shop swapped it out)
> I wonder who had access to your car (Bongo) and if
> something similar occurred?

Date: February 02, 2014 02:31PM

Well as I said, I hope you guys work it out.

It's hard to believe that anyone who works on Corvairs for a living and is well known in our small community would do something so stupid as what you are accusing, especially when he knows these Corvair forums like this give a scammer no place to hide.

65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Re: Strange things can happen when shipping
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 02, 2014 02:50PM

When I sold my Vairboat to Allen B. I sent him a video of it running...noisy lifters and all... assuring him that they would quiet down...

We used a guy we found on YTMAG.com and he delivered flawlessly...

Except when we went to start it at the Cedar Rapids convention... battery was dead....

When I looked.. it didn't have the type 51 Battery in it...only size that would easily slip past the head...a larger battery was in it's place..

When we jumped it it wouldn't start.....and it was dark....

Luckily someone realized #4 & #6 plug wires were crossed....and moved them...

and we had cranked it for so long that when it did start.. lifters were all pumped up!!

Everyone was happy! ggggg

A few weeks later the guy called me to see if I had anything else to ship....

Told him about the Battery..... he swore the cover on the boat was never removed until the last day of his drive....and that the post batter wouldn't fit his S-10 [ side post ] and we'd paid him plenty up front to be able to buy new one if he did need one..

Go figure!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: February 02, 2014 05:40PM

Bongo767 Wrote:
> Doesn't matter what the car is or isn't.

Agreed.I mentioned the YS-316 story because everyone will remember that car from the four page thread about a year ago.

[corvaircenter.com]

65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: February 03, 2014 08:03AM

Wow! My experiences as I stated are quite different. Eleven grand (to me) is a lot of dough. I also know there are 2 sides to every story and sometimes 3. John is a great guy who will continue to get some of my business.

Date: February 03, 2014 08:26AM

You can do whatever you like. John Seaman is not a great guy. He is a thief, liar, and crook. He misrepresented himself. When the money was turned off, and he had to produce what he promised, he said come get your car, I am done with it. I had to make arraignments to protect the car from the elements. In the mean time, his modus operandi is to say the car worked great when it left the property. He has used that line on others before. Problem for The Thief Seaman, is the evidence will prove what a crook he is.

Posted by: arizonacc2009 ()
Date: February 10, 2014 05:57AM

Hey Bongo lets tell the Truth about the piece of crap you have. first off I spent the whole day with you from morning to night the day you came and bought your fake Yenko. and you @#$%& about me charging you for that. I towed it from the storage lot in Scottsdale on my flatbed to MAACO so you can talk to them about it being painted black with gold strip. and you could not make up your mind as to the body work that you wanted done. as with everything else on that car. YOU COULD NOT MAKE UP YOUR MIND. YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND ON EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING at least 4 times. The body shop was glad you came and got the car. you paid why to much for a 500 corvair at $5000.00 and I told you that. even if it came with 6 or 7 box's of parts that really didn't go to that car. as for the Motor you had a 95 horse engine in it with 95 horse heads on it that Harry Bennett made fit with Webber carbs the whole thing was junk. Rust in every part of it. I showed it to you at Howards Garage. Our next thing was you wanted it to go faster then anything else out there. I got you a 140 block and we started building it from scratch. And you know it because I sent you pictures of it. I have the pictures that I sent to you on a regular basis. some even got posted on Facebook. I completely gutted the car out removing that stupid looking roll bar even. The body shop had it over 2 months because you could not make up your mind about what you wanted them to do. fill in the antenna hole or leave it Oh lets cut out the rear end buy the Bumper again because you saw a car on the internet with the pipes come from there. Again you changed your mind more times then American Airlines has planes take off. I just hope I never have a flight were your the Pilot. Because we might never get there you would change your mind about were its going. As for the motor Howard built the Motor and the day you flew in the talk to the tire guy about the tires I took you to his Garage and he started it for you on his bench. so now who's the liar? As for the money you sent me money to take over to the Interior guy because you were changing things with him every time because you see something different on the internet. I have it all down 19 times I drove back and forth to the body shop. 9 times to the interior guy. 2 times send packages to the Radio guy because you order a radio and it would not fit or was something that you didn't like. It wasn't until I called and talked to the radio guy myself that I found you what you now have. Well unless you changed your mind on that. 62 hours of running around for you doing stupid stuff for you. after I don't know how many times I had to tell you I was closed Saturday and Sundays The clincher was when you called 3 times the day my brother died around fathers day and you were changing something else on the flaps that were being made to fit in the engine cover that I finally told you that I am done screwing with you that you can not make up your mind as to what you want COME GET THE CAR TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. and you made arrangements to do so. You never paid me $11000.00 you paid me $7000.00. The other $4000.00 went to pay for shipping box's back and forth. the flaps on your car the Interior guy down payment or what ever was the problem with your credit card. Even the day you came and got the car you wanted me to take it to a different shop in Mesa AZ. and I told you I was not touching that car anymore and was not doing anymore to it or with it. so you had to hire a flatbed from CL King to take it. I even gave you there number. I took pictures of all the box's and you even left 2 of them here telling me you did not think you needed them. and I throw them in the metal junk pile. I told you we still had a bill of $433.00 and then you talked me down to Half of that and I agreed just to get you out of my hair. When CL KING got there to tow the car I got in the car with the milk crate seat and backed it up out of my Garage so he can take it. Took off the gas can that was attached to the gas line and he loaded it. The Driver even said to you after I parked it said to you and me "SOUNDS SWEET" and you loaded all your box's and I told you 3 times don't forget the air cond. on the blue car in the back. a few hours later I noticed it was still there. Then you wanted me to take it to where ever it was in Mesa. No way I said. You had it at 2 other shops after mine so what ever you think you need to do get the story straight before you spread rumors. The body shop said they were glad when you finally left with the car and told me how much of a pain you were and so did the interior guy. Remember these people are people I work with on a every week or month time. So get your story straight you ignorant ass. Also I thought you said you took your car to Seth Anderson when you called me and threatened Me? WOW. Good luck to you.

Posted by: arizonacc2009 ()
Date: February 10, 2014 06:42AM

To all you other guys out there you know to story. I told you about it. As you all know I have been doing this for a lot of years starting when I worked in my dad's Chevrolet Garage. Me and Shorty were the Only 2 that would work on the Corvairs that came in at that time. I learned a lot from Shorty and for that I owe him a lot. when I was 11 or 12 I meet Charlie I always thought of him as a big lipacorn misspelled I am sure. he had a beard big ears and a big nose. always called me sonny. Why I don't know. I knew my dad and him knew each other from up north but I never asked. but I remember when Charlie got excited he would talk and hop around up and down with his hands moving up and down. When I was in IL. Larry Claypool was the man and if I needed anything I would buy it from him. It wasn't much because I had my own parts from the years I junked the corvair out. When I moved to Arizona I did not intend on working on Corvair but after getting back with a few people that knew I did it in Il. that's all it took. I have never ever had any problems that has been brought to my attention that I could not fix but there are some out there that should not even be on planet earth. I fought for my Country and my rights and I try to do good to everyone. If someone has a problem the first thing is not to make threats. That's the one thing that will never get me to help anyone. I do speak my mind and sometimes that gets someone mad. its better to be pissed then pissed on. I don't get out here much with my Corvair friends and Brothers and sisters but when I was told what was on here it was time for me to tell my side of it. sorry I am using this as a forum that in my eyes was not set up to be used for. I hope not to use it as that again. IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT HAS A PROBLEM WITH ME COME TELL ME CALL ME ON THE PHONE IF YOU NEED COME TO THE SHOP. But don't do it behind my back that is a fine way to not get anything done. but I am glad I do have this to give an Attorney for slander. Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart that stood up for me. Corvairs forever that's all I have to say. Thank you Again.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.