Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: 66 Monza Reassembly
Date: October 28, 2016 09:10PM

I love the smell of new carpet! Lookin' Good! smileys with beer

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matchlessmo ()
Date: October 29, 2016 05:43AM

Kenzen, did I miss it, what brand of sound deadner are you using for your interior roof and your floor, fantastic job

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: October 29, 2016 05:55AM

Ken:

Looking great so far.

Here is some info on the roller. It should work. Check the diameter to yours.

Window Regulator Roller Front/Rear Dorman 74430 (Fits: Chevrolet Nova)

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: kenzen ()
Date: October 30, 2016 05:01AM

matchlessmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kenzen, did I miss it, what brand of sound deadner
> are you using for your interior roof and your
> floor, fantastic job

It's a product called "Noico" I found on Amazon. It's reasonably priced and very easy to work with. They have a few options for quantity to buy. I bought a 36sf box, and an 18sf box, which covered all my interior including the roof, with a good amount left. I did not use it in the doors/quarters.

Warning on this: The butyl rubber is soft and will come off on your clothes (especially on your butt as you sit on it), and then transfer to other things (like brand new carpeting as you install it in your car...) angry smiley It does clean up with lacquer thinner and probably other common other solvents.

kenzen
66 Monza Coupe 110/PG
Bel Air, MD

Date: October 30, 2016 05:03AM

Lane66m Wrote:
> Ken:
>
> Looking great so far.
>
> Here is some info on the roller. It should work.
> Check the diameter to yours.
>
> Window Regulator Roller Front/Rear Dorman 74430
> (Fits: Chevrolet Nova)

Al - thanks for the lead, however Clark's has it (Item #14 on pg 227), and I needed a few other things from them.

kenzen
66 Monza Coupe 110/PG
Bel Air, MD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2016 05:04AM by kenzen.

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: October 30, 2016 05:09AM

Glad to help.

I have a order being put together. I have to get back on the Vairs to see what I need for the next tasks I am doing on all 3 Vairs. Then check my stock and identify the missing items. The Hurricane has kept me away from them for 3 weeks now.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: Setterz54 ()
Date: October 30, 2016 05:42PM

Your doing an awesome job! It will be a beautiful car when your done.

Setterz54
Fulton,MD.

Date: October 30, 2016 07:05PM

(Thanks Setterz54!)

This weekend I installed the windshield and the rear glass, and did the complete fitting of the carpeting.

kenzen
66 Monza Coupe 110/PG
Bel Air, MD

Attachments:

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: October 30, 2016 07:22PM

Nice work!

Posted by: igottajob2 ()
Date: October 31, 2016 08:49AM

VERY nice!!! Well done! You're doing the fun part now! smileys with beer

Minneapolis,MN

1965 500 Coupe
95HP

Built the 1st week of April of 65 at willow run.
500 coupe. The only factory accessory is a rear antenna.
White with a red interior.
Now black with black and red interior.

Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: October 31, 2016 10:01AM

The white instrument panel and glove box look great - as does the rest of the car.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Norman, OK

<a href="[www.wunderground.com] src="[weathersticker.wunderground.com]; alt="Click for Norman, Oklahoma Forecast" height="90" width="160"></a>

Date: October 31, 2016 11:59AM

This is FUN! Love living vicariously over the internet while others get things DONE!!
I see a young face there in the background - future 'Vair Driver?

The paint looks kinda bronze-cinnamon, trick of the camera? or is it more red than what I'm seeing?

Regardless, It looks great and I'm now thinking about a similar tarp/booth for my painting projects.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Date: October 31, 2016 07:02PM

1966-Corsa-GT-180 Wrote:
> This is FUN! Love living vicariously over the
> internet while others get things DONE!!
> I see a young face there in the background -
> future 'Vair Driver?
>
> The paint looks kinda bronze-cinnamon, trick of
> the camera? or is it more red than what I'm
> seeing?
>
> Regardless, It looks great and I'm now thinking
> about a similar tarp/booth for my painting
> projects.

That's my daughter who provided the help installing the glass. She and her older sister love to jump in and help. The color is Kirker "Merlot" and yes, it looks more red/connamon due to the lighting. It's looks true to its color name in real sunlight.

The booth is simply a marine tarp thrown over two ropes I pulled tight end-to-end across the garage. Then I used 4x4 posts and some 2x4's, along with a 34" interior door (that I had lying around) to create the far end. The near end is basically the same with a roll down piece between the 4x4's. I use some lath (1/4" by 1 1/2") and drywall screws to seal the tarps to the posts, and the side tarps roll into the booth and simply seal against the concrete floor. The fan is a Sears "whole house" window fan I got off of craigslist. I hung 8' fluorescent lights at each end, and a pair of 4' fixtures in the middle that can slide along the ropes to focus where I need them. The real beauty of this design is I can go in with a small pressure washer and clean the thing out of all dust/dirt. It cost me about $150 to build, mostly for the tarps. I attached some pics for reference.

kenzen
66 Monza Coupe 110/PG
Bel Air, MD

Attachments:

Date: November 17, 2016 06:01PM

Made some real progress with the interior, and the stereo sounds great as well...

kenzen
66 Monza Coupe 110/PG
Bel Air, MD

Attachments:

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: November 17, 2016 06:07PM

Getting so close!!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: February 12, 2017 06:39AM

Updates needed!

Posted by: County98 ()
Date: February 12, 2017 07:44AM

Agreed on the updates. This is one of my favorite interiors by far. Beautiful car.

Date: February 12, 2017 10:45PM

I blinked sometime before Thanksgiving, and it was the middle of January. I've been making a little progress, but heating my garage is a challenge in the cold weather, so getting a few hours in in the evening has not been practical. I've been getting some skiing in as well, so it's been quiet in the garage.

I screwed in the headlight bowls, and cleaned up all the internal door hardware (after spending time looking for a few things...). I've been polishing up the rear cove trim and the rocker trim. I have had a few Clark's shipments come my way: New inside review mirror and HD rear coil springs as the main items, but lots of little things. Main things left are assembling and installing the doors, all the exterior trim/chrome, and the biggest is cut/buff/polishing the paint.

Thanks for "calling me out" on the lack of progress reports... smiling smiley

Ken

kenzen
66 Monza Coupe 110/PG
Bel Air, MD

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: February 13, 2017 01:49PM

Working on my Rampside restoration project... I sneezed, and several months slipped by!smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Date: March 02, 2017 08:05PM

Let there be doors! Of course, I chipped up the front edge of the passenger door, despite having 2 layers of masking tape on it - I have my share of chips I'll fix before the wet sanding. eye rolling smiley

The window regulators are installed as well, but not the glass.

Door assembly advice: The regulators need to go in before the vent windows, but you can get away with loosening the vent window inside screw and mounting bolts to shift it enough to squeeze the regulator in. The latch mechanism can go in any time, but connect the remote operating rod (to the inside door latch mechanism) and the rod for the inside lock button before putting it in, and then attach to the inside door latch mechanism.

Mike Stillwell sent me the lock cylinder arms I need to connect to the latch mechanisms, so they can go in next, followed by the glass. (Thanks again Mike!)

I also installed the horns.

kenzen
66 Monza Coupe 110/PG
Bel Air, MD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2017 08:07PM by kenzen.

Attachments:

Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.