Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Seat Upgrade for '65
Posted by: Ron62 ()
Date: November 22, 2018 11:35AM

How are the Pro Car seats holding up? Im looking at a pair to install in my 65 Monza. How was the installation process? Did you have to modify anything?

Thanks
Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jetcat ()
Date: November 23, 2018 04:32AM

These are Procar 90s in fabric. Rear was recovered in one of Procars rear seat kits. Previous owner did this so not sure what car the rear cover is from. It was gathered behind and hog ring'ed in place. Actually worked very well.
Personally, don't like the fabric. Sticks to my pants velcro pocket covers and my shedding dogs make a mess of it.

Seats are super easy to install. Buy the specific mounting frame for the Corvair. Only thing extra I did was lower the seat to the bottom position. Requires cutting off a bit of the front tabs to get the lowest adjustment.

Bob
Paso Robles, CA

Central Coast Corsa
1966 Turbo Corsa convertible
1966 Corsa 140 coupe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 04:37AM by jetcat.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blue smoke ()
Date: December 03, 2018 09:27AM

is 1966 corsa turbo for sale ?

Posted by: JohnVan ()
Date: December 03, 2018 05:59PM

The Procars look really nice in your Corsa. I'm thinking about them later on after I get the mechanical stuff all in order. I'm thinking about going with the velour. I won't have AC and things get pretty hot in the Summer here in NC. The velour should be a bit more comfortable.

John

John Van Valkenburgh
Knightdale NC
'65 Corsa 140

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.