Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 203 of 203
Re: What did you WORK ON / DO....to your Corvair today?
Posted by: andyman260 ()
Date: November 21, 2019 03:45PM

Like all good Corvair People I have my ‘collection’ of parts. Today bought enogh shelving to get it all in one place and catalog what I have. Sent some pictures of my two sets of 140 air cleaner assemblies to Glen for possible chroming. Moved some parts from home to the vault. Put the car in position for winter cosmetic work. Cleared the bench to get ready for the dashboard rehabilitation. Have all the overhauled Corsa gauges from Williamson ready to go. I’ll start with the dash.

Andy Allen

Oak Park, IL

1966 Corsa w/air

708.921.8937 cell

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: mtmouse ()
Date: November 22, 2019 09:07AM

Today I removed the trim from around the windows. I found rust as expected but no where near as bad as I had expected. About an inch on the bottom of the windshield on the drivers side is rusted with a couple of pea sized holes and one corner of the back window with one pea sized hole. Not bad at all. I expected rust under the window trim but did not find as much as I expected. All trim clips need replacement (duh) but no bad areas or broken glass.
Yea
Joe

Joe in South Ga
1965 Corsa 2 dr Coupe Turbo 4sp because I love the looks
18ft Chaparral 180 Sport because I live on a lake, seemed like the thing to do
Chevy Pickup to tow boat and tote things
Chevy Cavalier because they drive like a go-cart

Posted by: goatsnvairs ()
Date: November 23, 2019 03:30PM

Put old yellers transaxle on the engine stand. Lift with the legs! Draining, cleaning, resealing, taking out the backlash slack. Relieved to see the back up switch works.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2019 03:31PM by goatsnvairs.

Attachments:
Posted by: andyman260 ()
Date: November 24, 2019 01:09PM

A little date day with the wife and just tooling around. Thorough deep clean and ready for winter. Fresh oil and gas with Stabil. In the garage on the rack for cosmetic work over the winter. Summer saw new starter, fresh rebuilt carbs, oil cooler seals, Optima battery and custom hold down, full chassis lube including packing wheel bearings, fresh gear lube and positraction additive, bled the brakes with fresh silicone fluid, Fresh set of Seth’s wires and plugs, Eastwood hi temp paint to re-fresh exhaust extractors, scrape and re-paint frunk with Extend,rust oleum primer and Delco spackle paint. Did the fall tour in the rain with CCE as the last big drive. I tend to drive mine every ‘nice and dry day’ through the winter.

Andy Allen

Oak Park, IL

1966 Corsa w/air

708.921.8937 cell

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2019 01:13PM by MattNall.

Posted by: flamingchariots ()
Date: November 24, 2019 01:29PM

Put a new master cylinder on the '65 4door. Went to bleed the brakes.
Everything was so rusty, I couldn't find the bleeders in the rear.
Got out WD40 and flashlight...

Huh. No bleeder on the rt rear. Apparently broke off.
Holding pressure OK at this point. sad smiley
I know as soon as I try to fix it, Murphy's Law will ensue.

It's always something.

Kevin
Medina, OH

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:30PM

Getting close to starting to assemble the crankcase for my Evening Orchid.

Date: November 30, 2019 03:28PM

Buttoned up the resealed 4 speed, Also finished cleaning my pistons, rods, and cam. Barrels in the parts cleaner now.

Attachments:

Date: December 02, 2019 05:54PM

Transaxle finished up today. Cleaned more engine parts, started on heater box.

Attachments:
Posted by: gojoe283 ()
Date: December 02, 2019 11:28PM

B"H

What have I done to my Corvair? Wow, I just finished re-wiring the entire car! Sadly due to my Adult ADHD I made a mess out of the dash and engine wiring harnesses while doing some upgrades.

I decided to do the job right and replaced all the old harnesses (dash, body and engine) with brand new kits from Clark's. They went in nicely and now I have a clean, unmolested electrical system that should make my car reliable.

I wired the upgrades in my car with clean wires that I connected without disturbing the harnesses. I have a ton of comfort, convenience, and safety upgrades...many that you couldn't get back in 1966. Now all I need is good weather and an excuse to take a nice long drive! Meanwhile she sits in the garage, protected and warm.

Bill Hershkowitz
1966 Monza Sport Sedan
Artesian Turquoise, 110 PG Factory A/C

Attachments:
Posted by: mtmouse ()
Date: December 03, 2019 02:16PM

NOTHING!!!. So tired of being stuck in the house SICK.
Went to Thanksgiving dinner with my young neighbors and really enjoyed the day with them and their 5 children. One of them was sick so now I am I guess.
Hoping to get back out tomorrow or the next day or maybe the day after that. SO BORED.
Joe

Joe in South Ga
1965 Corsa 2 dr Coupe Turbo 4sp because I love the looks
18ft Chaparral 180 Sport because I live on a lake, seemed like the thing to do
Chevy Pickup to tow boat and tote things
Chevy Cavalier because they drive like a go-cart

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: December 03, 2019 03:29PM

Nothing. Getting over bronchitis. Trying to setup new blaster box, getting new tires for Malibu, getting RV ready to pull RV 60 miles for weekend trip to do 3 Christmas parades this weekend. Getting Corvair Christmas decorations situated for the parades and ensuring batteries and invertors work together. Tomorrow new tires for the Silverado at 36k miles due to damn Bridgestone sidewalls being weak and not holding a good balance. Feels like driving on marbles after 500 miles after a balance. Goodyear Wranglers going on.

So all in all nothing getting done here this week. But at least I touched the red More Door, and looked at the Coupe and the Van.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Current Page: 203 of 203

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.