Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 176 of 178
Re: What did you do to your Corvair today?
Posted by: Wallygator ()
Date: June 06, 2018 06:20PM

I had a new tonneau cover made. So I gave the car a bath and went for a ride. When I bought the car it came with one that I've used often but it was getting a little tattered

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 06, 2018 06:25PM

Luv Tonneaus!

Attachments:
Posted by: TexasAg77 ()
Date: June 08, 2018 06:10PM

Took the '63 to the end of week event for our Scout councils Cub Scout event. Plus a couple others from our local club came as well. We let the kid get in and out and ask questions and it was amazing. The windows on all 3 cars were rolled up and down probably more than they have been done in the past 2 years.

Figured if we don't get the younger generation interested in old cars, who will be the keepers of them when us old farts are gone?

Ed McClintock
Cleveland TN
Choo Choo Corvairs
'61 Lakewood,,63 Vert, '83 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler- [www.cj-8.com]

Attachments:

Posted by: dolomitefan ()
Date: June 11, 2018 02:15AM

On Friday I went to the sports centre to play badminton in the van. I think it looks pretty cool in the car park.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Gibson, Staffordshire, England

1961 Corvair Greenbrier
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
2009 Mazda MX5
2015 BMW 1 Series

Posted by: aircooled62 ()
Date: June 11, 2018 03:55PM

Ripped out the starter and started a full rebuild. I will send pics as soon as I get parts in.

Posted by: oldies70 ()
Date: June 11, 2018 04:42PM

I opened the garage door, checked the oil, smiled and closed the garage door.

Tom Yengel
Original owner 1967 500 coupe

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: June 13, 2018 02:46PM

Over the weekend I pressure washed the Engine, and transaxle. Notice the valve cover indicates no leaks for no less than a day or two. The Viton Push Rod Tube Seals after 30+ years appear to be doing well too.
This evening after work I pulled the brakes, front shock, backing plates and rear hub from the driver's side of the car.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Attachments:

Date: June 17, 2018 12:19PM

Yesterday (Saturday) I was working on disassembly when I got a surprise visit from Goop of Oil who came to assist me. It was a pleasant surprise.
While I was pulling the passenger side brakes, the tie rod ends, steering column, rear transmission crossmember, rear struts, brake lines, clutch and brake cables, Goop was disassembling stuff in the dash area and prepared the car for the master cylinder upgrade from single to dual. We also set up the parts cleaner so I could actually clean some of this stuff easier. I also took the heater box out which was a good thing because it was full of mouse nest.

Today my intention was to continue work on the car but got a little sidetracked in the makeshift garage cleaning and rearranging stuff. I also cleaned the driveway area around the Corvair so that the neighbors are less likely to get upset.

All that is left in the car in the way of suspension components are the front crossmember, upper & lower control arms, rear trailing arms, rear shocks, and rear springs. The interior for all intents and purposes is gutted and I did manage to remove the front to rear section of the wire harness.

At this point, I realize that my goal of getting the car quickly back on the road in time to sort it out enough to drive to the convention simply isn't likely to happen, but at least I am finally making progress on the car after allowing it to sit for almost ten years.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Attachments:

Posted by: Speedball ()
Date: June 17, 2018 06:37PM

I looked at it longingly wishing I could twist the ket and it would make noise

Posted by: 66140back ()
Date: June 18, 2018 04:33PM

took it over to the body shop , made a game plan and paint scheme plan , shopped around for replacement rear quarters, panther pissed the carb linkage rods to try and free them up , sprayed the exterior down to remove 30 + years of dust , bought a battery for it and started cleaning mouse turds and nests out of the trunk , engine compartment is next after supper

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: June 24, 2018 08:33AM

Last week, I replaced both strut rod bushings, and after a long hard battle with one bolt, I resorted to cutting it off. Dug out the tap, and ran it down both strut rods a few times to clean up the threads, and installed the new bushings. Got everything together, except for the stabilizer bar, which went in today. Thanks to Jeff at Corvair Ranch for finding me the correct 1964 stabilizer bar clamp. I thought that getting the rubber bushings over the two 90 degree bends on the stabilizer bar was going to be difficult, but after lubing them with silicone jelly, they slipped over the bends without a problem. What I thought was going to be a simple fix took 2 weeks to complete.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: TexasAg77 ()
Date: June 24, 2018 12:22PM

Yesterday was the 4th Saturday, so it was our Main Street Cleveland Cruise-in

Good turnout of cars around our town square till a pretty good thunderstorm cleared everyone out.

Ed McClintock
Cleveland TN
Choo Choo Corvairs
'61 Lakewood,,63 Vert, '83 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler- [www.cj-8.com]

Attachments:
Posted by: Cfred ()
Date: June 26, 2018 04:45PM

Finally Home from the Paint & Body Shop.
Now the Fun Starts ...

Sold my Lakewood, now looking for a Driver...

Posted by: Setterz54 ()
Date: June 27, 2018 09:37PM

Over the last week or so I have been working on my 66 corsa.With the help of a friend and his lift I am putting in a new clutch,pressure plate flywheel,etc.Also doing Ujoints,engine to body seal,pan gasket oil and filter change.Engine and Transmission ready to go back in car.Just waiting on body seal and heater Hoses to finish it.

Setterz54
Fulton,MD.

Posted by: rmvair ()
Date: June 28, 2018 02:30PM

1966 4-door moving under it's own power for first time in 17 years. Thanks to Pete and Ian from Detroit Area Corvair Club. Now for all the other details and we will be back on the road again👍😀

Ron Mann
Manchester, MI
63 4 door
63 Greenbrier
64 Convertible
64 Rampside
66 Coupe
66 Convertible
66 4 Door
58 Lincoln Continenal Mark III
30 Model A
Davenport, FL
64 Greenbrier

Attachments:

Posted by: rmvair ()
Date: June 28, 2018 02:48PM

1966 4-door moving under it's own power for first time in 17 years. Thanks to Pete and Ian from Detroit Area Corvair Club. Now for all the other details and we will be back on the road again👍😀

Ron Mann
Manchester, MI
63 4 door
63 Greenbrier
64 Convertible
64 Rampside
66 Coupe
66 Convertible
66 4 Door
58 Lincoln Continenal Mark III
30 Model A
Davenport, FL
64 Greenbrier

Attachments:

Posted by: Setterz54 ()
Date: June 29, 2018 08:59AM

Down last night working on 66 Corsa replacing heater hoses and I couldnt believe
how much the mice had carried in those hoses for nests.One was practically blocked
all the way.Hopefully the job will be finished Saturday and I can drive it home.

Setterz54
Fulton,MD.

Date: June 29, 2018 04:45PM

Although my initial motivation to get moving on getting my car on the road was the thought of driving it to the convention this year.
I soon realized that was not going to happen, especially since the month of June has had quite a bit of rain I had not anticipated.
Once I realized that this was not going to happen, I changed course and have decided to disassemble the car a little further and just do it right.
Tonight after work, I removed the front crossmember and rear trailing arms so that everything can be cleaned better and all new bushings and grommets put in place.
I got real lucky and after several applications of penetrant to the nuts and bolts over a couple of weeks time, only one bolt broke. It happened to be on the driver side rear trailing arm (Lower, outer bolt) which hopefully wn't be to difficult to drill out and re-thread.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2018 04:51PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: June 29, 2018 06:31PM

Put a set of Otto valve covers on my Rampy. It's had an Otto Pan for several years. It of all then engines could use it. It never overheats, but I do pull at least a full 1000÷ lb load with it every week. Also got a new set off tires in to mount for another Rampy we are getting ready to put on the road....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2018 06:32PM by The Stig.

Posted by: guthrie1068 ()
Date: June 29, 2018 08:19PM

Drilled my axle for 5 lug pattern using S 10 rotor as template. I already drilled the drivers side. I've modified the control arms to accept QA1 coilovers and changed to Clarks nylon bushings. I'm hoping to have it assembled tomorrow so I can put some wheels on it and set it on the ground.

Chad Guthrie
Onondaga, MI
'63 convertible

Attachments:
Current Page: 176 of 178

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.