home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 168 of 168
Re: What did you do to your Corvair today?
Posted by: Leon ()
Date: August 04, 2017 10:57AM

Still taking stock of the two cars I picked up, the '66 110 is seized and apparently has been since the early 80's. The 140 in the '65 Corsa however wasn't, in fact I'm fairly certain it was rebuilt shortly before being parked in '85.

Star NC
1965 Monza Coupe, turbocharged 140/4spd, Carter AFB 4bbl, E-flow Crown turbo, water/meth injection, driver
1965 Corsa Coupe, 140/4spd, future project
1966 Monza Coupe, 110/4spd parts car
1966 Monza 'vert, 95/PG parts car
1985 Dodge W350 4dr turbocharged 440/4spd

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: viewmaster ()
Date: August 05, 2017 12:25PM

Rolled my car back up, on its side, on my tilt up rotissurie, to mock up the shifter rod, support rod, and transmission support bracket. You see...the car had a '66 trans in it, and i am now going with a 64/65 FC 4 speed. I have read, here and there, about the difference in the length of the shift rod support. Not finding definitive answers, Mike Stillwell suggested i do a physical mock up of my parts. So...today, i finally got around to it. Seems the 66 car 4-speed and the 64/65 FC 4-speed, have things in common...or at least, my parts do. I did swap to a 65 trans support bracket, and my engine crossmember was centered, and both were snug on their respective bolts. The shift rod support, lined up in the center of adjustment on the 65 trans support. Maybe the PO did sometging wierd, and i didnt even catch it, before i took everything apart. Oh well...seems all will work...for now.

-m

P.S. KEEP UP ON YOUR PROJECTS!!!! As i was tilting my car up, a FREAKING BAT flew out of the healiner insulation, still attached to celing of car. AAAGGGHHHH!!!

Mike
'65 '500' Sedan 110 PG
'65 Monza Sedan turbo'd 110 SU conversion
Fresno, CA

Attachments:

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: August 11, 2017 08:13PM

Digging for parts in a friends parts shed in the 95 degree heat a few weeks ago, I forgot that the clutch rod is different early to late. Got the powertrain back in my '64 the other day and went to connect the clutch and hmmm....
Luckily I had an early one and got it swapped in without much trouble.

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: August 13, 2017 04:44PM

Finished getting my '64 back together after its reversion back to the 4-Speed that it belongs with. It has a really strong 140 that was just smothered behind the PG it had for a while. Three speed straight shaft shifter makes for a lot of fun shifting gears.

Posted by: MrLakewood ()
Date: August 14, 2017 04:49PM

Some new amber bulbs...

Attachments:

Current Page: 168 of 168

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.