Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 173 of 176
Re: What did you do to your Corvair today?
Posted by: allmotor1 ()
Date: February 09, 2018 06:33AM

last time I looked...it was still there.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: viewmaster ()
Date: February 09, 2018 03:57PM

No pictures, but i installed Clark's dash mounted speaker kit, in the 65 '500' sedan. The one they say sounds better, and is more expensive. LOL It was pretty easy to put in, and it sounds pretty damn good. Thank you Clark's.

-m

Mike
'65 '500' Sedan 110 PG
'65 Monza Sedan turbo'd 110 SU conversion
Fresno, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2018 03:57PM by viewmaster.

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: February 11, 2018 07:04PM

Finished installing an electric fuel pump in my rampside. Ahhhhhh no more gasoline fumes in the heater. As mentioned in Craigs fuel pump thread, just cant get a good non leaking pump in that truck. While at it I also installed a pair of John Sweet's accelerator pump cups in the carburetors. thumbs up

Posted by: dolomitefan ()
Date: February 12, 2018 08:03AM

This weekend I had my new tyres fitted. 3 were very old (1994/5) judging by the date code, the other one was an odd size and the spare was a cross ply which is not legal to use here when all the others are radials. The slightly odd sized one has been promoted to spare tyre and 4 new boots were installed in total. Though they were more expensive I went for Hankook tyres with a white band on them as they look more period.

I also installed some accessories in the passenger compartment courtesy of Amazon.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Gibson, Staffordshire, England

1961 Corvair Greenbrier
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
2009 Mazda MX5
2015 BMW 1 Series

Posted by: guthrie1068 ()
Date: February 18, 2018 04:41AM

This week a couple of friends helped me wrap my hood. The hood was on this car when I bought it, a transplant from a '64. It had a pretty good ding on the front edge which I bondo'd up. Since I plan on keeping the chalky white paint, I had to do something to make it look decent. I think it turned out pretty good, it was my first experience with body work, and my first try with the wrap too.

Chad Guthrie
Onondaga, MI
'63 convertible

Attachments:

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 18, 2018 08:10AM

Looks great!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Westds ()
Date: February 18, 2018 10:08AM

Got both cars prepped and on their way to Autorama as part of the Classic Corvairs of River City exhibit.

Attachments:

Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: February 19, 2018 12:44PM

Today being a federal holiday, I changed the oil in my Corvair, Mustang, and wife's Miata. I also changed the oil in her Saturn yesterday.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Oklahoma City, OK

Click for Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Forecast

Posted by: goatsnvairs ()
Date: February 22, 2018 07:01AM

While waiting for parts to complete my 180 engine build, did a little sidetracking. I installed a Seth Emerson steering wheel adapter, Grant 197 wheel, and trim parts '65 horn button. Signals cancel, horns works, looks good! May have a 14.5" Grant adapter and wheel for sale a little later.....

Attachments:
Posted by: goatsnvairs ()
Date: February 22, 2018 07:03AM

Oh, and I did mock up my turbo engine on the stand....

Attachments:
Posted by: guthrie1068 ()
Date: March 01, 2018 03:31PM

I mocked up the QA1 coilover setup on the control arm for the rear of my EM. This is the system that QA1 designed for the front of most muscle cars, called the Pro Coil system. It bolts to the top side of the control arm where above where the stock shock mounted, and the spring rides in the original upper spring location. I sent them my measurements and they recommended the shock and spring components. I had to clearance the lower spring pocket for the shock mount, and will weld the upper and lower plate area opposite of the shock mount to reinforce the part. This seemed to me like the best way to lower the rear of the car and allow for an adjustable suspension. These are single adjustable shocks, I didn't think I would need the double adjustable unit.

Chad Guthrie
Onondaga, MI
'63 convertible

Attachments:
Date: March 01, 2018 04:28PM

Looks promising.... simple but effective!

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: dhomuth ()
Date: March 03, 2018 07:08AM

Small thing, banked for later use.
Took off the round caps from the 67-69 wire wheel covers and installed the 3-bar spinner caps, polished everything up, carefully wrapped each cover and put them back in a box on the shelf. Not to be used till the car is ready.
(Got to take some photos of the round NOS covers -- all with the correct part numbers for later sale.)
Figuring out how to remove the vent window assembly. Will have the stainless polished, and install the tinted window glass on both sides.
Trying to do one thing every day.

1966 Corvair Corsa convertible
Same car I bought in 1/68 the night before I went to Viet Nam he second time. Got it back in 8/15. Plan its first public runout come July.

[corvaircenter.com]

Posted by: BobV66Vair ()
Date: March 03, 2018 08:55AM

Cut the shaft off of my 65 steering box for use with my new FR box. Makes me nervous but Seth is walking me through it.

Bob Vinnacombe
Sandy, Oregon
1965 Corsa 140 stock
1966 Monza Soon to be race car
1968 Monza Parts for now

Posted by: fred bagnall ()
Date: March 04, 2018 07:12PM

I finally got around to installing the electric fuel pump that I have had for over 6 months. I also installed the Revolution electronics relay that everyone has been talking about at the same time. I didn't want to make a trip to town, so I used whatever I had available. I had one new 1/4 fuel line in my bench stock, so I reused everything I could by rebending old fuel lines with new flares. I am happy to say the install went well and the relay performs as advertised. BTW, I had the original fuel pump installed, and it was working fine. My Greenbrier travels a lot of miles and I didn't want to risk it.

64 Greenbrier std -110, 4spd,barn find on the road again after 46 year hiatus.
66 Turbo Corsa, 180hp,posi-trac, quick steering HD suspension,AM-FM-multiplex,soft-Ray glass all around
Floridian currently residing in Nor Cal

Attachments:

Posted by: fred bagnall ()
Date: March 04, 2018 07:14PM

Sorry the pics are so large, I don't think I resized them properly

64 Greenbrier std -110, 4spd,barn find on the road again after 46 year hiatus.
66 Turbo Corsa, 180hp,posi-trac, quick steering HD suspension,AM-FM-multiplex,soft-Ray glass all around
Floridian currently residing in Nor Cal

Posted by: aircooled62 ()
Date: March 05, 2018 11:12AM

I yanked my front crossmember out of my 62. Had it powder coated and am now starting the rebuild of my frontend. Just received my parts order from Clarks. Time to get to work. My vair has been parked for over 2 weeks. Can't wait to get it back on the road

Posted by: dhomuth ()
Date: March 07, 2018 08:00PM

After Rex's tutoring, and watching videos, started to take the vent glass frames otu of the doors.

1966 Corvair Corsa convertible
Same car I bought in 1/68 the night before I went to Viet Nam he second time. Got it back in 8/15. Plan its first public runout come July.

[corvaircenter.com]

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: March 10, 2018 04:19AM

Technically I did not "Do anything to my car today" rather than what I did "For my car today".

I managed to acquire another spare part for some day "Just in case".grinning smiley

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Attachments:

Date: March 10, 2018 07:26AM

Score!

Current Page: 173 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.