Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 224 of 224
Re: What did you WORK ON / DO....to your Corvair today?
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 03, 2021 12:14PM

Looks to nice to smoke.. Find a local Vair Turbo expert...someone in your local Chapter will know of one.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: s.vellani ()
Date: February 03, 2021 12:36PM

If only looks were everything.
I'll see who I can find locally or not locally.
Perhaps an exorcist might be an option?
I've been wrenching for 30+ years and will figure this out too. Just want to enjoy the car more as it was my dad's before I was born.
Thanks for the advice. I mean it.

S. Vellani
Bellevue, NE
65 Monza Convertible 180/4-speed

Posted by: michaelsassaman ()
Date: February 04, 2021 09:41AM

Working on my Open Wheel Formula style car today. Trying to get all the brake lines and hydraulic clutch lines tight and not leaking. I should have used regular brake lines instead of stainless steel because they are way harder to get a good seal on the flare fittings.
Corvair 102 hp engine mated to a VW Transaxle. The engine is running reversed and was done by the previous owner. I'm just learning corvair stuff.

Attachments:
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: February 04, 2021 10:41AM

michaelsassaman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Working on my Open Wheel Formula style car today. Trying to get all the brake lines and hydraulic clutch lines tight and not leaking. I should have used regular brake lines instead of stainless steel because they are way harder to get a good seal on the flare fittings.
> Corvair 102 hp engine mated to a VW Transaxle. The engine is running reversed and was done by the previous owner. I'm just learning corvair stuff.

That is an interesting, and very different way of running the Alternator!
I would be a bit concerned about the ability of your engine to cool sufficiently, due to that large pulley restricting the cooling air opening in the top-shroud.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: michaelsassaman ()
Date: February 04, 2021 01:05PM

You may be right but this will basically be a show car that will run to get it on and off the trailer at a show. It will be modeled after the 1967 Ferrari 312 F1. The engine will be mostly covered with the fake exhaust pipes and velocity stacks. More to come with pics as I go.
Thanks for your comments, any are welcome.
Mike

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: February 10, 2021 12:17PM

I worked on parting out my imposter 66 Corsa a little further this last weekend.

With the recent sale of the wire wheel hup caps and the front seats, I have now broke even on my investment and yet still I am driving around this winter in an enjoyable 66 Monza convertible with a great 140 engine.

A few club members asked for help in getting their Corvairs running again after the long quarantine left them unable to be started. I loaded the trunk with some tools and repair goodies and Cathy and I have been doing free mobile Corvair repair here or there. Nothing major of course. Mostly bad gas, vacuum leaks, flat tires and dead batteries but a good excuse to take some long drives with the top down and enjoy getting outside the house for while.

Some days I'm not sure I like these rims I put on it but after owning and storing them for 15 years it's like they were free to me, right? smiling smiley However, after seeing what they sell for on eBay they may be in a shipping carton soon.

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Attachments:
Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: February 23, 2021 01:56PM

I've been working on updating the instrument cluster for my '66 Monza - dual cylinder head gauges, oil pressure gauge, and air conditioning. Not something which stands out when installed in the car, it struck me today how beautifully integrated the a/c outlet was with the gauge pods.

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe
[corvaircenter.com]

Attachments:
Posted by: s.vellani ()
Date: February 24, 2021 04:00AM

Scott,
Wow, super clean. Like the idea of having two head temp gauges.
Your work looks flawless. I look forward to seeing the finished product.
Sergio

S. Vellani
Bellevue, NE
65 Monza Convertible 180/4-speed

Current Page: 224 of 224

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.