Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 215 of 215
Re: What did you WORK ON / DO....to your Corvair today?
Posted by: corvairproject ()
Date: June 17, 2020 09:41AM

In 30 years of ownership, I finally decided to source the proper colored window crank handles for my drivers and passengers windows. The passenger side shaft was worn/stripped (hence the Philips screw) and so I had to be creative in order to go back to using a regular handle.

Now all my handles are blue! It's the little things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: June 17, 2020 03:13PM

I replaced the rear engine mount with a new '66 style unit from Clarks today, along with the passenger side muffler strap.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Norman, OK

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: June 17, 2020 06:52PM

My wagon is getting a new factory headliner installed, and door panels. Well while that is out is perfect time to finally install the factory roof rack I have had sitting for it. I have balked many a time wanting to finally drill the holes in the roof. Today was the day. So went down to my buddies shop where it is and installed it.

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: June 23, 2020 04:01PM

Not for my Corvair, but my friend Jerry's LM Vair. I finished up a set of my rear wheel axle assemblies today.

Then I tackled the assemblies he sent me. The left was difficult to separate but finally got it apart. Bearings were full of rust and unusable hard grease. This assembly would have failed soon.

The right refused to separate no matter how much pressure I put on it to remove the hub. Pullers and press could not move it. I finally took the seal out and found the answer why. Tapered rollers and cage were not intact where they belonged. This bearing had run hot. I had to use a Dremel tool with cut off wheels to cut away the inner race. I have to go but another 10 cut-off wheels as I run out of them on this hard metal. The axle, spacer and shim are considered scrap. But at least the yoke, hub and backing plate can be reused.

This is why you rebuild the rear axle bearing assemblies, if you don't know for sure who did them last.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Attachments:

Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: June 26, 2020 04:39PM

While I am typically a stock / original kind of guy - Phil "Peer Pressure" Dally convinced me to build a V8. So some poking around my friend Pat's my kid and I turned up a rust free '65 corsa body. We pulled the engine and back seat before it was delivered. So last night it came home. This is to be my 10 year old kids first project car. He paid for it himself with money he has been saving since he was 4.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 26, 2020 04:43PM

You are raising that boy right!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: goatsnvairs ()
Date: June 28, 2020 04:12PM

Finally got a choke cable hooked up to my Mikuni HSR45. It took parts from 3 choke cables and a bicycle shift cable, but it works. No more hopping out of the car and taking the choke off once its warmed up and idling at 1500 rpm. The Mikuni conversion is now complete!

Attachments:

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: July 03, 2020 09:00AM

It was the 215 that started all this...that makes it Shant's fault.

But I am absolutely glad to be of service so another V8 gets built!!

Attachments:
Current Page: 215 of 215

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.