home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“Performance
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
66 corsa seats
Posted by: dsantos ()
Date: November 09, 2012 07:56AM

Any advice on replacement seats for a 66 Corsa, the seat frames and foam is toast on both the front and rear. Are there any late model bucket seats that will fit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 66 corsa seats
Date: November 09, 2012 08:03AM

Seat frames, springs, foam etc.are the same in 1965 & 1966 for both the Corsa and the Monza.
The upholstery is the only difference.
Yours destroyed by rust? Should be fairly easy to find another set.
Convertible rear seat is different than the coupe.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza 'Vert (SOLD) ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: '66Monza ()
Date: November 09, 2012 08:08AM

There's some on good ol' ebay. I've been looking, just for curiousity. I've got on my 'to do' list getting mine redone, since they are both ripping open and underneath of them it's 'snowing' foam eye popping smiley

Kurt
1966 Monza convertible
140 - 4 speed

Pittsburgh,Pa.
CORSA MEMBER
WPCC - Western Pennsylvania Corvair Club - 2018 National Convention

Posted by: dsantos ()
Date: November 09, 2012 09:09AM

Not Necessarily looking to keep the car origional, are there front seats the would bolt in with minor fabrication? How hard is it to re-wire the rear seat frame?

Posted by: illinicorsa ()
Date: February 18, 2018 05:37AM

Are the (1966) Corsa front seats the same as the Monza front seats, that is, no Corsa badging?

Steve
'66 Corsa

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: February 18, 2018 06:58AM

The front bucket seats for the 1965 Corvair Monza coupe, convertible, or sedan are identical to those in a Corsa. The "Badging" only differs on the door panels, dash, and exterior emblems. The 1966 upholstery trim design is different than the 1965 but otherwise, they are identical too.

For those inclined to maintain a stock look, replacement seat foam and covers are available through our vendors. Clarks seat foam for most 1960-1966 runs about $130.00 per front seat and the covers for both bucket seats and the rear seat can be had for about $470.00 while individual bucket seat covers run about $175.00 ea.They also offer related parts and tools to do the job yourself.
Link for foam [www.corvair.com] Link for Seat cover sets [www.corvair.com] Link for individual pieces [www.corvair.com]

As for non stock options, there are as many choices out there as there are opinions. If you do a search, it is likely one will find examples of what others have done to utilize front and rear seats from other vehicles either as they were made, or recovered to individual preferences.

Some folks like high back seats, others like low back seats with or without adjustable headrests. Some prefer cloth to vinyl or leather. Some turn out looking very nice while others....not so much. JMO

In the end, the right decision for your vehicle is what you decide.

1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: jimc ()
Date: February 18, 2018 08:48AM

Many seats will fit, maybe not drop in, but fabricate some adaptors and your choice widens. The FAQ section lists a few.

Not only do you need to consider seat width, height (w or w/o headrests) but the cushion height off floor and possible seat belt mounts. The Vairs interior will take a good size seat.

One interesting seat is the early Chrysler Sebring convertible seat, among others, which has a seat built-in shoulder belt, but you need to research which ones do not need the car's computer to interface with the restraint system function.

There are also many GM seats; Buick Regal, Chevy (monte carlo) and Pontiac (Grand Prix and Grand Am) that fit, also the 2008s Chevy HHR SS has a nice looking leather seat.

In my case I found the graphite leather 2000 Pontiac GP Coupe seats fit, both front and rear. Mount dimensions were within a few inches and we welded metal brackets adaptors. These Pontiac seats have seat belt mounts on the seat frame, so I was able did not use the Vair belt mounts and I was able to source new aftermarket "Bowtie" belts for fronts for less than $50/seat in matching graphite color. My headrests are removable for a more vintage look.

Another advantage is weight savings. These Pontiac seats are much lighter, saving weight and more supportive. I believe I have shaved almost 60 lbs. total weight, front and rear, even with my power drivers seat.

You are limited only by your budget and imagination.

Good luck in your hunt.

Jimc
1965 Corsa
HACOA Member

CORSA 2017 Concours Senior Gold Award
AACA 2015 Award

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.