Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
EVENTS! [ post upcoming CORVAIR events here!]
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: December 27, 2011 12:03PM

Click here for the CORSA Website listings!

Feel free to post all Vair related events here...where it stays at the Top!

Makes sure to Change the SUBJECT! It makes the item stand out!

ALL Event will be made "STICKIES" 3 weeks prior to Event
=====================================================================

Edited 16 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 05:28PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: EVENTS! May 17th 18th and 19th, 2019 -support your Corvair Preservation Foundation Corvair Museum
Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: October 16, 2018 06:56AM

Brian Nicholson shared a this on FB and I'm sharing it here..

Hey all! Keep the weekend of May 17th 18th and 19th, 2019 on the calendar to support your Corvair Preservation Foundation Corvair Museum. The Prarie Capital Corvair Association is inviting everyone back to Decatur IL, and the Chevrolet Hall of Fame Museum, for a car show and swap meet. Stay tuned for more information as we take the suggestions from this past May's grand opening to make the show and swap much improved. Also, please take a jog over to the Corvair Preservation Foundation Facebook page, and check out the CORSA website for information on CPF museum in Decatur IL. As president of the closest club to Decatur, I can tell you this museum is a great addition for Corvair enthusiasts. Please help us support a great cause!

https://www.corvair.org/index.php/history-and-preservation/corvair-history/item/7

I would like to add: For those of us who love the Corvair and its history. We all need to support the Corvair museum year around! Because it cost money to keep it open for everyone to enjoy. Otherwise, the doors will have to close at some point. That's a part of business. It's not what you know it is who you know. Give and Ask those you know to support the Corvair Museum financially. It is easier for many to give a little, than to wait on one, to give a lot. Tony Shipman

P.S. I for one plan to give myself a Christmas gift (EVERY YEAR) to the Corvair Preservation Foundation Corvair Museum to help keep the doors open for a long time. IF I still had our Rampy - I would pick the production date of it to give, because I would be so grateful to have it. PLEASE Help!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2018 06:59AM by OttawaCorvairGuy.

SpringFest 2019!!!
Date: January 04, 2019 05:24PM

Attachments:
Virginia Vair Fair - Friday & Saturday - April 26th & 27th!
Posted by: 1963RedBrier ()
Date: March 05, 2019 01:34PM

Greetings! Please add this event to your calendar! We would be extra excited if you own and can drive your 1969 Corvair to the show since this will be the featured class this year! You don't need to reside in Virginia to attend! Within an easy drive of Maryland, West Virginia and Pennsylvania (VairBoy on CC), but everyone is welcome. We have had attendees from Delaware (SlinkySlot on CC), and Ohio too (WagonMaster on CC)! Registration can be found on-line at VairFair.com! On-site registration begins Friday at 3pm, Pizza/Beer/Soda Welcome party with Corvair Games (designed by Smitty Smith!) at 7pm. Saturday begins with a People's Choice Corvair Display from 9 to noon, with a Tech Session at 10:30. Lunch will be included for those registered from noon to one, and a Poker Run from 1 to 4. Also during the day on Saturday will be a Hospitality Suite, Model Car Show, Video Racing Games, and Inside and Outside Vendors! Dinner will be on your own at one of our great local restaurants. Cake/coffee and final awards at 8pm! Sunday there will be no formal events, but we encourage everyone to visit one of our local attractions, especially the Udvar Hazy Center near Dulles Airport. It a "wing" of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum which housing larger historical "air & space" items! It's free to get in but you have to pay to park, so load up that Greenbrier and head over with some friends! You can call the hotel directly to make your room reservations - Best Western Leesburg Hotel 703-777-9400 x303, ask for the special Corvair show rate. Pre-registration will be $60 and on-site registration will be $69. These prices will include one t-shirt. The only additional costs will be if you would like additional t-shirts for $15 each and vendor spaces - $10 outside pre-reg, $15 outside on-site, and $20 inside pre-reg, and $30 inside at the show. Any questions, please post here or PM me. Thank you! Greg

The Vair Fair website has been updated! Check it out and schedule your plans!smiling bouncing smiley

http://www.vairfair.com/

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2019 10:47PM by MattNall.

Spring Fling 2019 Sacramento area
Posted by: Westds ()
Date: March 05, 2019 08:08PM

Here is the entry form for the Classic Corvairs of River City Spring Fling held in Roseville at Fry's Electronics.

You can download a registration form at northern-California-corvairs.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2019 08:10PM by Westds.

Attachments:

2019 PNW Econo-Run April 26-28th lil Bavaria Wa.!
Date: April 03, 2019 07:51PM

Northwest Corvair Econo-Run

Every Spring since 1973 Corvairs Northwest has been involved in our Econo-Run Events. April 26,27,28 2019 the XLVI Northwest Corvair Econo-Run will be held in Leavenworth – ‘lil Bavaria in the Cascades.

Inland Northwest Corvair Club is this years Host Club and all the other PNW Regional clubs will help support this event, as usual.

Der Ritterhof Inn is our Host Hotel. We are planning to have a nice Welcome Party at the pool on Friday afternoon/evening. Yeah!! Springtime in “Bavaria”…

The Forty-Sixth Econo-Run will head down to Eastern Washington to Chelan, then cross the mighty Columbia. We will fuel up and gather the scoring data. Refuel cost is included in the Registration, BTW.. After the Fuel stop we will gather along side the Big River in a very nice public park.

Our Awards Banquet will be at Kristall’s restaurant. It’s next door to der Ritterhof

Webpage and Online Registration and Printable Reg. Form!

[www.corvairsnorthwest.org]

Google Map [goo.gl]

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 07:54PM by MattNall.

Re: 2019 PNW Econo-Run April 26-28th lil Bavaria Wa.!
Posted by: sweet66monza ()
Date: April 03, 2019 08:50PM

Exciting! I plan to attend if I have one of my three running by then! haha

Cody Hurley
North Idaho (Post Falls)
66 Monza convertible 140/PG, loaded with factory options
66 Corsa factory turbo coupe, 3rd owner fully documented [corvaircenter.com]
65 Monza coupe daily driver 110/4
Also 2 Ford f350 IDI diesels, seven Jeep FC 170s, 1966 Jeep CJ5A, 03 neon, 4 Rokon Trailbreakers, 3 vintage Honda 50cc minibikes, 4 Honda xr350s, and thousands of parts

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: April 03, 2019 08:53PM

sweet66monza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Exciting! I plan to attend if I have one of my
> three running by then! haha

If not, come anyways.
Drive the Jeep, at least its an FC ! ! ! grinning smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
'66 Monza Coupe - 4spd, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - PG, 140 Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza - 140 4-spd. driver

Posted by: sweet66monza ()
Date: April 03, 2019 09:09PM

American Mel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sweet66monza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Exciting! I plan to attend if I have one of my
> > three running by then! haha
>
>
> If not, come anyways.
> Drive the Jeep, at least its an FC ! ! ! grinning smiley

Haha at the moment i wouldn't trust one to get me across town to work on time...let alone actually trying to get somewhere. Lol!

Cody Hurley
North Idaho (Post Falls)
66 Monza convertible 140/PG, loaded with factory options
66 Corsa factory turbo coupe, 3rd owner fully documented [corvaircenter.com]
65 Monza coupe daily driver 110/4
Also 2 Ford f350 IDI diesels, seven Jeep FC 170s, 1966 Jeep CJ5A, 03 neon, 4 Rokon Trailbreakers, 3 vintage Honda 50cc minibikes, 4 Honda xr350s, and thousands of parts

Central Coast CORSA June event in Arroyo Grande, CA
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: April 16, 2019 10:50AM

Has anyone mentioned the Central Coast Corsa Vairfest coming up June 21-23rd?

Vairfest on CCC Website

Eric C. Player
Porterville, CA
- National Member, CORSA
- Member: Central Coast CORSA & South Coast CORSA

THEN: 1967 Monza 110 Canary Yellow/1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red/
1965 Monza 110 Purple/1967 Monza 140 Red/1966 500 110 Black/1965 Monza 110 Camaro Yellow
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo Coupe Blue. Blue/Beige interior.

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .' and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else." -- Daniel B. Davis

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 10:54AM by playerpage.

Re: Virginia Vair Fair - Friday & Saturday - April 26th & 27th!
Posted by: Goop Of Oil ()
Date: April 25, 2019 07:26PM

Just a quick Vair Fair Event Bump notice. Saturday's weather is going to be Great!

http://www.vairfair.com

Schedule:

Friday, April 26
Hospitality room 6 to 10 p.m.
Registration open 3 to 7 p.m.
Friday evening pizza party 7 to 10 p.m.
Corvair Games 7 to 9 p.m.
Outdoor vendor setup 6 p.m.

Saturday, April 27
Registration open 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Hospitality room 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Indoor and outdoor vendor setup 8 a.m.
Show set up 8 to 9 a.m.
Vending 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
People's Choice Car Show 9 a.m. to Noon
Tech Session 10:30 to Noon
Poker Run 1 to 4 p.m.
Dine at your choice of local restaurant from 5 to 8 p.m.
Please join us at 8pm for the awards presentation, cake, coffee and refreshments, back at the Best Western.

Mark Holmlund

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2019 07:28PM by Goop Of Oil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.