Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
CPF Donations
Posted by: vairmech ()
Date: May 26, 2012 04:27AM

OK Guys and Gals.

Some of you that are commenting on selling to a "NON" profit organization know exactly how that organization works, namely the CPF. As was said this organization works on "donations" and "bequeaths".

For those of you that have offered to sell to the CPF and have been turned down, why are you moaning about it? If you think the cars belong in a museum keep ownership and loan them. The CPF isn't made of money and mostly operates on donations. If the CPF had any money they would be in an owned permanent building with a paid staff to keep the doors open. Have any of you seen that? I haven't.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CPF Donations
Posted by: Mel ()
Date: May 26, 2012 04:45AM

Well said Kenthumbs up

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Posted by: MonzaDave ()
Date: May 26, 2012 08:55AM

I tried to the CPF. I never received a response. I figure they must have enough money and cars.

Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2012 08:56AM by MonzaDave.

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: May 26, 2012 09:35AM

MonzaDave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I tried to the CPF. I never received a response.
> I figure they must have enough money and cars.

Splane that post Lucyconfused smiley

Posted by: 1963gp ()
Date: May 26, 2012 11:55AM

Ken, this asmuses me as when you were on the board and vending parts you proffited of of Corsa by getting reimbursement for your travel expences. Shame on you. Museums and foundations do purchase exhibits
And we had even discussed a purchase agreement. The muesum brier was built with donations from a major vendor and then sold at a proffit with no money to cpf
The $ went in Pete K pocket. That upset the vendor who made the donation and right fully so. There are two example of proffitering off of Corsa or CPF. I offered my car for what i paid for it. What upset me is that wanted to undercut the value of the car. I may sell the car or not who cares i can not afford to give it away
KEN why domt you reimburse Corsa for the travel expences while you were on the board making money at the same time vending.

Posted by: vairchet ()
Date: May 26, 2012 12:45PM

1 Percenter!

Date: May 26, 2012 03:35PM

Corsa is not CPF

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Posted by: 1963gp ()
Date: May 27, 2012 11:27AM

Ken, as a Corsa board member you were also a CPF board member at the same time. Therefore you did proffit from your travel expences being reinbursed while at the same time you were vending parts. Both Corsa and CPF paid to fill up your motorhome. I am sure Harry Jensen would be happy to clarify it.

Date: May 27, 2012 12:25PM

Your trying to discredit me won't work. I and many others of the BOD did the very same thing.
How much time was spent in the BOD meeting on CPF stuff? Maybe 1/3 of the meeting time.

That is not the point of this whole thing. It boils down to two things, maybe three.

CPF budget is very limited.
What you say happened with the Super Monza but not without a lot of gnashing teeth between clubs/club members and the Corsa/CPF BOD. All that is over and in the past and we have the show worthy Super Monza on display in a museum.

The CPF has no storage facilities.
#5999 is being stored by Mark Corbin the last I knew at his cost. There is other stuff that is being stored by other members for free because there is no storage facility.

People that think they have a very significant vehicle and then want to SELL to the CPF need to consider what the total costs could be to the CPF. The initial cost of the vehicle, the cost of any repairs/future repairs, and for the time being storage. That all has money cost associated with everything listed. Considering that the CPF has a very tight budget that doesn't leave room to go out and purchase every car that has any significance to it and store it somewhere. What does climate controlled storage cost? Do the math and then tell us that CPF has the budget for it.

Look at what happened with the first, very good, museum that was going to be there forever! It was sold and everything then was stored at volunteers houses. Pretty soon you run out of volunteers. Even today with the current situation and the Ypsilanti museum, I suspect that someday that will go away also. Jack isn't getting any younger.

Until the CPF is it's own entity, associated with Corsa, they have their own building and are self sustaining the situation as it is now will remain, NO money.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Date: May 27, 2012 12:38PM

Ken,

What is the point of this crap? Why air greviences publically? How does this affect me? Do I really care?

Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: May 27, 2012 12:43PM

Why doesn't GM have a Corvair Preservation program? ha-ha! I notice that of the Corvairs that they keep at the Heritage Center most are experimental/show cars and there are very few production examples.
Crawford

Date: May 28, 2012 05:11AM

With the last two comments, that is the reason why the CPF will eventually fail. Apathy, no one, except a few care to preserve the history of our car.

And, GM does have a few Corvairs in a museum over here but not dedicated to Corvairs.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Date: May 28, 2012 11:16AM

Ken,

Why is it necessary to create and maintain a small museum dedicated only to Corvairs that Corvair fanatics will ever enjoy? Majority of the population doesn't care.

It appears that you're unwilling to answer a couple simple questions, yet you accuse me of being apathetic, Yes, you're correct, I don't care. If you're that obsessed, then open your own museum and operate it how you see fit. But, I do believe you're going to have a long wait for those throngs of ticket wielding patrons that'll rush the door just to get inside.

I don't believe many folks are willing to step up to volunteer their time, effort, and, in this current state of economy.... money, for trivia that a tiny fraction of the population will benefit.

Last time I donated a large sum of money to a nonprofit, I was hit up for more. When asked to know where the cash was spent, I got nothing but a runaround.

Another thing, why should I donate when there seems to be some issues between certain individuals. I do wonder how deep the infighting goes.

Posted by: dragvairclark ()
Date: May 29, 2012 05:28PM

To whom it may concern: the 2nd to last Corvair 5999 was taken to Iowa by Mark Corbin and myself just before the CORSA convention there and spent a year in the Iowa Antique Car Museum. It then was taken to the Chevrolet Hall of Fame Museum in Decatur, IL by Pete Koehler and is still there. They could use another historic Corvair, so Allan B why not loan your last convertible to them and let it keep company with 5999?
Clark Hartzel

Posted by: thatcorvairguy ()
Date: May 29, 2012 08:38PM

I'm guessing CPF stands for California Professional Firefighters?

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: May 29, 2012 09:10PM

thatcorvairguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm guessing CPF stands for California Professional Firefighters?

===================================

You're kidding right?? [ no G's]

Corvair Preservation Foundation for those who have never visited [corvair.ORG] CORSA!

Shame on all of you!! ggg

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: thatcorvairguy ()
Date: May 30, 2012 07:06AM

Thank you! Some of us greenies didn't know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.