Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
'65 Corsa Convertible on eBay
Posted by: rander05 ()
Date: May 08, 2012 05:02AM

If you know anyone that is looking for a great Corsa Convertible, check this one out on eBay - [cgi.ebay.com] Recent restoration with new paint, interior, top, tires and more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: '65 Corsa Convertible on eBay
Posted by: VegasVair ()
Date: May 08, 2012 12:12PM

Look closely at the gauge faces. The tachometer glass is installed on the
speedometer and the speedometer glass is installed on the tachometer. confused smiley

The trunk lid fits poorly on that car. Has it been hit in the front? confused smiley

65 Corsa 140/4 A/C convert.
CORSA+Vegas Vairs

Posted by: '66Monza ()
Date: May 08, 2012 12:21PM

What is the idea of blocking/plating and not using your secondaries? (Other than not having the extra kick?)

Kurt
'66 Monza
110 4sp

Pittsburgh,Pa.

'66 Chevrolet Monza, Cleopatra in the drivewaySmall Corvair RF

Posted by: rnch ()
Date: May 08, 2012 12:47PM

you're dealing with a "Tough Crowd" here, rander....

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: May 08, 2012 01:00PM

I think the price might be negotiable. smiling smiley

Phoenix Craigs List at $11,900
[phoenix.craigslist.org]

corvairforsale.com at $13,500
[www.corvairforsale.com]

eBay Buy-it-now $11,250
[cgi.ebay.com]

Phoenix CL ad copy:

1965 Chevrolet Corvair 'Corsa' Convertible, 140hp engine/4-carb type, 4-spd transmission. This car recently went through an extensive restoration with new white exterior paint, white convertible top with red interior and steel-belted white-wall radial tires. Factory installed 'Options' include: chrome bumper guards, rear mount antenna, telescopic steering column and factory 3-prong simulated wire-wheel cover.

Exterior paint is new after complete stripping of old original paint and installation of new white enamel paint matching the original paint code. Windshield, door glass, rear windows and headlights appear to be original with original identification markings. Interior restoration includes replacement of padded dash, seat covers and carpet. All other interior trim was refinished, including new krinkle paint on instrument panel bezels, original door panel trim and bright metal trim. All weatherstrips and window fuzzies have been replaced. Front trunk compartment was also refinished in it's entirety. Engine assembly, suspension components and exterior chrome were reportedly restored prior to my purchase of the vehicle.

Engine is a 164 cu in, with 140 horsepower. Car is now equipped with professionally overhauled 1 barrel primary carburetors and blocking plates in place of secondary carbs. Secondary carbs, with air cleaner assembly, as well as extra set of primary carbs is also included. Breaker point ignition system has been replaced with electronic ignition system.

Overall, car is in excellent original / restored condition. Car is currently located in Sedona, Arizona. Contact Rick Andersen at 253-961-5003 for additional details. Visit www.corvairforsale.com for more photographs.

Posted by: irvan ()
Date: May 08, 2012 01:06PM

kinda funny, my white Corsa vert has a bad fitting hood too, i like the whitewalls, am planning to upgrade to them on mine.

Attachments:
Posted by: TIBCO ()
Date: May 08, 2012 01:07PM

Well, the two things vegasvair pointed out are pretty easy fixes. If it was hit in the front, the repair appears to be pretty good. My guess is that someone found a pretty solid car to restore and thought they might flip it. Attention to detail wasn't high on the list. I would love to see more shots of the underside. What you can see in the one picture is pretty good. As for the carbs, I ran my 140 with only two carbs for nearly two years. It was easier to dial in the two primaries with the secondaries blocked off. Then the car ran so well, I just left the other two off for a while. It will be interesting to see how high it goes.

Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY
CORSA, CKCE
66 Monza, 140/4sp

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: May 08, 2012 01:26PM

If you look at his other pics the hood doesn't look so bad.

See attachments for what a bad fitting hood really looks like. That's my Toro V8 unfortunately.

Dave W. Gilbert AZ
66 Corsa 455 Toronado V8
65 Corsa 455 Toronado V8
65 Corsa 140 4-speed
66 Corsa 140 4-speed
65 Monza Sedan 110 PG
65 Monza Sedan 110 4-speed w/A/C
65 Monza Sedan 140 PG w/A/C
65 Monza Coupe 110 4-speed w/A/C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 01:27PM by azdave.

Attachments:

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: May 08, 2012 02:04PM

Yup! someone mixed the dash lenses up!! now it will spin 14,000 RPM! other than that looks to be a good car!

Posted by: rander05 ()
Date: May 08, 2012 02:15PM

You guys are pretty sharp. Nothing like having the instrument cluster apart for a year or so, putting it back together and installing it only to realize that you reversed the faces on the tach and speedometer. I pulled it apart last week and swapped the faces.

As far as the fit of the front deck lid, I have not found any evidence of an accident anywhere on the car. I replaced all of the weatherstripping on the car, and found it to be much thicker than the original weatherstripping, which made it more difficult to adjust the deck lit to pull down tight.

When I bought the car, it had the secondaries blocked. I have the secondaries, but the car runs so good, I never bothered to reinstall the carburetors. I have had a number of people tell me over the years that the secondaries are more trouble than they are performance.

My advice on installing whitewall is to start looking now. They are getting extremely hard to find in a 13" size.

As far a pricing goes, my reserve price on eBay is well below the "buy it now" price. I have run out of room to store all my cars and need to make this one go away. I never had the intention of "flipping" the car when I bought it. I've been spending plenty of time on this car and would like to devote more time to finishing up my V8 Vair project.

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: May 08, 2012 02:34PM

When I bought the car, it had the secondaries blocked. I have the secondaries, but the car runs so good, I never bothered to reinstall the carburetors. I have had a number of people tell me over the years that the secondaries are more trouble than they are performance.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bahh Humbug! Everytime I see blocked off secondary's I find someone who has listened to a "Number of people" who don't know Crap!! You want top dollar,,install the secondarys and 140 air cleaner and make it a true corsa! Secondary's are no trouble at all!!thumbs up

Email me at: Dave Motohead
Visit My web site(Under Construction)
Sign my guest book!
[motoheadmall.com]
-----------------------------------
I AM THE GRIM REAPER FOR OLD CARS!
-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Posted by: irvan ()
Date: May 08, 2012 04:47PM

Got some

Posted by: corsaconvert ()
Date: May 13, 2012 04:35AM

We sold the car on eBay yesterday. We had over 1,000 "views" and 95 "watchers". The strange thing is that only one person bid on the car. He bid twice and was able to hit my reserve of $8,499. It was an extremely nice car and I was hoping to get more. The new owner is having the car shipped from Arizona to Massachusetts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.