Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Wagon Guys: Under lid insulation, what was OG?
Posted by: SpyderMan ()
Date: January 07, 2021 05:59PM

It has been a long time coming but I got a 3D printer and tried my hand at making the buttons that hold up the insulation.

I have a set on my wagon that are made of PLA plastic. I do not think they are going to hold up to the heat in the engine bay so I have ordered some white ABS to try next. If that does not work I will send the design out to have them made of another material?? I feel like I am going to need to wait for the full heat of summer here in NC to know for sure that they are not going to turn back into goo.

I would love to be able to share the design or sell them if the wagon owners were interested, let me know.

Sam Russell
Durham NC
1962 Monza Wagon Ted Brown EFI Gen II
1964 Spyder coupe

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: January 08, 2021 11:53AM

That's great! Keep us updated.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: solo2r ()
Date: January 09, 2021 09:31AM

I want to share what I did with this wagon! I first put spray foam in the grooves then used a hot knife to level the 'playing field'. I then cut stainless strips to make a frame which will hold down the Restomod membrane. I had the stainless polished and ceramic coated clear. Then laid membrane and riveted the frame on.

Lost some build pics to show but here it is nearly finished. I also put gas shocks and a latch in.

Attachments:

Pages: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.