Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Corvair powered buggies
Posted by: Leon Renaud ()
Date: April 29, 2012 02:22AM

Ok I'm looking for pictures of your Corvair powered buggies, Not just fancy glass bodied rides but your old back field bombers!I have a couple spare drive lines and I think I'd like a carefree toy built with one.I'm looking for measurements or other specs for frames that take full Corvair drive lines if you have any to share. I remember JC Whitney selling tube frames for Corvair suspension I'm using LM stuff including PG trans.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvair powered buggies
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 29, 2012 02:29AM

GojuBill has the best tubed streeter right now...I'll let him post a full sized pic.

Here's my old waterpipe / fencepost special... most fun we ever had with a buggie..

Somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
.............................PG...................................Turbo

Attachments:

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: April 29, 2012 03:50AM

Only pic I can find right now...

My Dad's buggies.

Purple one is a Spatz Body, homemade frame, using early model Front and Rear suspension. '66 140, 4-speed. Sold last summer to finance the other buggy.

Blue buggy is a Sears Rascal. It has a "JC Whitney / Warshawski" style frame, made for late model components. It is getting a complete rebuild - nuts and bolts style. '66 140, 4 speed will be going in.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Attachments:
Posted by: 62corvairjunky ()
Date: April 29, 2012 04:00AM

I made this out of 1 1/2" schedule 10 pipe. I has proven reliable for years and years.thumbs up

Photobucket

Junky
Hurricane Utah.
Home of the "Red Desert Corvair Sanctuary."

photo 7121255b-53ac-4335-a3ba-83724bf6f396_zps111b404a.jpg

62 Rusty Rampy
62 wagon under construction.(Taking all my time and $$)
61 lakewood parts car.
63 coupe
half a dozen parts cars n trucks
20x40 garage full of greasy parts

Posted by: Caveman_1960 ()
Date: April 29, 2012 06:49AM

I have a couple of fiberglas bodied Corvair powered buggies. Both are Super Sand Sharks with a square tube chassis using LM Corvair powerglide transaxles. The white one has been modified to be a single seat race buggy with a VW front end. The other one (still in the barn) has a LM Corvair front end and 5-bolt Western mag wheels all around.

I'll attach pics of the white one. We are trying to sell it for my buddy Clark Hartzel. It is listed locally on Craigslist for $1500 complete but I might sell it for less if I can pull the engine and put it in the other (4 seater) buggy. Both buggies are located in Southeast Michigan about 4 hours from the Silver Lake sand dunes. PM me if interested in either buggy! - Caveman Pete

Attachments:

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:07PM

Three of many in my family.

Paso Robles CA and Palmtuckey CA-Unsafe At Any Landspeed-Sidewinders (est 1938) CORSA Member-Corsa West-High Desert Corvairs Corvanatic-Ventura County Corvair-Central Coast Corsa-Angel Fan Since 1978...HALO POWER!! So Cal Gas Since 1974 (retired) L/M Landspeed 3L/915 T04B methanol Coupe-65 Corsa-62 Rampside(2)-B&M Blown Mid Engine Funco Sandrail-Next Build L/M ADE/BBC/PG/QC Street Racer-Diesel Streamliner 7.3IDI/C6/GV/9" Dream-1939 Lincoln Zephyr V12-Vehicles in My Possession...12

Attachments:

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:14PM

The recent Phoenix Craigslist 471 blown alcohol sandrail.

BTW: You were right Matt...stay tuned the deal is not dead!!!

Attachments:

Posted by: Gojubill ()
Date: April 29, 2012 01:19PM

thanks Matt
Leon here is my buggy .I purchased it in really poor shape. i spent a few months working on the frame and replacing tubes. I boxed the front in because i was afraid on hitting something straight on . I put a rack in for steering and reinforced the undercarriage . I custom built frame for the engine so i can take it out with out a great deal. If you pm me i can give you a link to photo bucket after i load all the pics up to see all the mods. I have a full Corvair drive 140 hp and a 66 4 speed sag. custom made adapters with VW bus trailing arms. I have to say the guys on the site have helped me a great deal with solving some of the issues that have came up.
Give me a PM and i can hook you up . I think fisher makes a frame that you can use it is about 500 bucks .You have to weld it all together,I like it that way because you don't have to cut their welds out to do mods. Its all up to you .

here

thanks for looking
bill

Posted by: dragvairclark ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:00PM

A picture of my last Corvair sand rail at the Silver Lake dunes in Michigan

Attachments:
Posted by: maxrevs58 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:21PM

Hey what,s the land speed record for dune buggies? Looks like a fun day right there. Tim

Posted by: Ambush ()
Date: April 30, 2012 02:27PM

Rich

Southern California
Addicted to dezert and dunes.. and now boats!

Posted by: detroitdude ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:09PM

not mine, saw this on CraigsList [detroit.craigslist.org]

Posted by: ColoradoJustin ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:38PM

This trend is like my playboy!

Attachments:

thumbs upRe: Corvair powered buggies
Posted by: TexasAg77 ()
Date: April 30, 2012 03:59PM

Great thread!

Posted by: Jeeper ()
Date: May 01, 2012 04:28PM

Here is mine, 1970 Meyers Manx 2 with 1964 Corvair drivetrain. This picture is with 140hp heads and centermount Holley, I'm currently puting in a 1964 110 HP with dual carbs, should be done this week.

Steve.

Attachments:
Posted by: ColoradoJustin ()
Date: May 01, 2012 05:19PM

Mine has the 1964 drivetrain as well. Everything corvair in the front and back. The front is also '64 corvair and weighs in at a slinder 1,700 pounds without my slender rear in it.

Posted by: Curtis ()
Date: May 01, 2012 06:10PM

Not mine, but cool and different.

Milwaukee, Wi

CORSA Webmaster: About | Chapters | Vendors | Events | Ads | Registry | Store
CCCC Webmaster
MCC Newsletter Editor - Now on Facebook!

Attachments:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.