Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
American Flat 6

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
O/T: IHC.......American Exceptionalism.... Get used to it!
Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: March 27, 2012 06:54AM

Marco Padilla - Realtor BRE#01944189

Century 21 Crest
1501 West Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506
213-272-3239 Cell

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: O/T: IHC.......American Exceptionalism.... Get used to it!
Posted by: lgoodwin ()
Date: March 27, 2012 08:15AM

I like the 60s Scouts and Travelalls. If I had one, I would not take it rock hopping. Anyway, I could walk that route faster they are driving it.

1962 Corvair 900 sedan1967 Corvair Monza 140/4-speed1968 Corvair 500 coupe1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0
1962 900 sedan needs a home1967 Monza 140/4-spd1968 500 coupe (now my son's)1983 Mexican Mustang 5.0

Date: March 27, 2012 10:36AM

Gotta love them Cornbinders!!
I used to get dirty... had a first series Bronco. Buddies had Scouts, IIs
Very capable rigs.

Corvanatics
to host the 2014 CorSA Int'l Convention July 21 to 25 at LeMay "America's Car Museum" - Be There!!
Dan Davis - Seattle ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ 65 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn (my current driver!!)
~ 1964 Monza 'Vert ~ 65 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black int ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4
1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Date: March 27, 2012 04:56PM

....the "black" rig at .019.... license plate.... DENT.... seen it in person at a meeting at Sunset Beach.

Century 21 Crest
1501 West Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506
213-272-3239 Cell

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 27, 2012 08:46PM

Although I worked for IH for 7 years... I liked the Jeep Commandos

Somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
.............................PG...................................Turbo

Attachments:
Posted by: vairyhard ()
Date: April 05, 2012 02:09AM

I like IHC!

Current DD is '75 Scout II. Very sturdy (and heavy compared to Jeep!) vehicles. Sort of rare in SoCal... see many, many more up north (Huh, Matt?) in Oregon and Washington states... elsewhere.

Kevin

Quartz Hill, CA
'65 Crown

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 05, 2012 03:09AM

Haven't seen any IH stuff...

Somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
.............................PG...................................Turbo

Date: April 05, 2012 07:47AM

Rare in SoCal? I seem Scout II's running around all the time. Just like the vair's parts are available and there are some great groups that support the brand. There is a "yard" up in Lancaster that I ordered used parts from more than once to keep the '76 travaller I owned and the '77 Scout II that the GF owns. i happened to walk into a local selfserve wrecking yard where '79 Traveller had come in. 392/727 with Rustic Plaid interior with high back buckets.
The rig was a total, total, Total rust bucket, so much that a guy pulling the engine, used a hack saw to cut the fenders and fliped the front clip off the truck to get to the engine.

I pulled the super cherry condition interior and still have it set asside for an install to the '77 when we I get done with my other projects.

Century 21 Crest
1501 West Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506
213-272-3239 Cell

Posted by: vairyhard ()
Date: April 08, 2012 05:01AM

Hey Marco,

The guy in Lancaster you dealt with is Mike Ismail, as I'm sure you know. (IH ONLY) He's a good guy and a buddy of mine for over 20 years. I get all my parts from him. He offers aluminum intakes for IHC. Got one on my '75 304. It's a square bore which allows one to install a 4 barrel carb on 304. Far as I know, he's the only one who's made aluminum intakes for IHC.

I'm surprised (and pleased) to learn that there are plenty of Scouts running around in SoCal. Honestly, I've not seen so many... I've been up here in the High Desert (Lancaster area) for the past 26 years though. Don't get "down below" so much anymore. They are pretty rare up here, at least as far as I've seen.

Mike has a (badly crunched) late model Scout II, blue with a perfect blue plaid interior. Like you, he's saving the interior for a future project I believe.

I tried to post a pic or two of my Scout from my cell phone but ain't smart enough, apparently. Be sure to show us a pic of your '77 when you get back into it!

Kevin

Quartz Hill, Ca
'65 Crown

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.