Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
American Flat 6

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
UPS Shipping and the "Case of the missing Corvair crank".
Posted by: azdave ()
Date: February 22, 2012 10:14PM

Funny posting on Craig's List today.

THERE IS A CORVAIR THIEF WORKING FOR UPS IN PHOENIX...I SHIPPED A CRANKSHAFT FROM YUMA FEB. 8 AND IT DISAPPEARED AFTER BEING SCANNED IN PHOENIX...PLEASE HELP ME FIND IT...CALL KEITH @

So does he think someone at UPS knew a Corvair crank was coming down the conveyor belt that day and stagged a heist? Psst...Hey buddy...want to by a Corvair crank? No description or identifying marks noted so how are we to help?

I live in Phoenix so if I sell a Corvair crank in the next month will I be visited by the autorities?

It's a shame it's lost but more likely a scrap metal thief if anything.

[phoenix.craigslist.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2012 10:15PM by azdave.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: UPS Shipping and the "Case of the missing Corvair crank".
Posted by: Mountain Pilot ()
Date: February 22, 2012 10:24PM

They are heading east.... Just went out to drive my Corvair home and the crank is missing - all else there????eye rolling smiley

Watch out for a hitch hiker carrying two Corvair Crankshot smiley

Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 11:17PM

I wonder if they have a smart meter installed at that shipping facility? If so, maybe he could get someone to check the meter data and see who in the facility stole the crank! grinning smiley

Dave

Posted by: 2ragtops ()
Date: February 22, 2012 11:30PM

Maybe it was just a disgruntled/ CRANKY employee

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs

1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction
1966 Corsa Convert 180 wood wheel tele-column am-fm sport steering posi-traction
1965 Coupe 110 4 speed with A/C & wood wheel tele-column posi-traction, 1996 New Mexico Raffle car

House Springs, Missouri

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: February 22, 2012 11:57PM

Free insurance coverage is $100 with UPS??

Somewhere between Sea Mountain and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
.............................PG...................................Turbo

Posted by: corvairdoug ()
Date: February 23, 2012 03:12AM

they're the newest weightlifting fad-the SHAKEWEIGHT!

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: February 23, 2012 03:43AM

Why do all the UPS guys keep dropping corvair cranks off at my place?? 3rd one this week,,,,,,,OH ya,,because I DON"T have a smart meter!

Posted by: jimc ()
Date: February 23, 2012 04:30AM

If it isn't too simplistic an idea, it may still be at the last scanned location, just not in the right spot within the UPS depot.

I had a similar UPS shipping problem on a 911 Porsche motor that was shipped from KC, MO to Los Angeles, CA for line boring. It disappeared at the last check point in LA.

It was insured but I had to wait 14 days before they would "declare" it officially lost. Then the day before the awaited payout, they found it at the UPS depot at LA airport, just two blocks from the final destination.

The claims adjuster said they were holding it and declined final delivery because the package was 6" too big for girth limits, weight was OK. The UPS pickup driver measured and accepted it and the KC depot passed it onto LA.

Not my usual experience with UPS, but not handled well by them. I lost ten days, UPS returned it slightly damaged, and they didn't refund the "total" shipping/insurance charges.

jimc
1965 Corsa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.