Clarks Corvair
American Flat 6

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
O/T indirect Corvair matter
Posted by: MonzACT ()
Date: February 22, 2012 01:11PM

Hello everyone

I'm still trying to plan a trip to the States to attend the Sturbridge CORSA Convention in July if I possibly can. No definite bookings yet (yes I'm indecisive but I can't help it because I'm a piscean grinning smiley). I see that I've missed out on the host hotel (angry smiley grrrr!). Is anyone in the MA area willing to suggest which of the alternatives that the CORSA organisers have listed is the go or should I just take a punt because I like the photos on their web site?

Thanks
Chris

Chris Gallagher
Canberra, Australia
1964 Monza coupé

Re: O/T indirect Corvair matter
Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: February 22, 2012 03:36PM

Hi Chris! Hey, this isn't "OT". Discussion of the CORSA convention belongs here.

You might want to recheck the host hotel. I can't believe the CORSA block is sold out already - CORSA hasn't even released an event schedule other than the convention dates and historically most folks don't make their reservation until the last month or even the last week. You might want to revisit them and double check.

Maybe we could ask Matt to adjust the title of this one to "2012 Convention Hotels?" Matt???

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
66 Red Monza 2dr 140/4 EFI 60k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
65 Cypress Green Monza 140/4 4dr
65 White 4-dr 110/AC/PG (project)
64 GB -CrUnChEd (donor)
64 Monza coupe (parts)

20 Tons of parts in boxes

Date: February 22, 2012 03:51PM

If you are going "Stag" you might be able to connect with another to share a room in the Host Hotel.
Is there a sharing list started somewhere?
I'm considering going, too. But it's the same dates as the EAA show in Oshkosh. Grrrr.

Corvanatics
to host the 2014 CorSA Int'l Convention July 21 to 25 at LeMay "America's Car Museum" - Be There!!
Dan Davis - Seattle ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 140 Corsa ~ 65 Monza 140/4 'Vert Sierra Tan/Fawn (my current driver!!)
~ 1964 Monza 'Vert ~ 65 Monza 140/4 Evening Orchid w/ ivory/black int ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4
1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: 64turbo ()
Date: February 23, 2012 10:30AM

Yes, the host hotel is sold out already. The Super 8 next door is getting alot of Corvair reservations also.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.