Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Latest rampside project
Posted by: thumper477 ()
Date: February 20, 2012 10:40AM

Purchased a 1962 Rampside a couple months ago.Owner was getting ready to sell it to the scrap man for 400.00.Luckily I found out about it before that happened and bought it.It is a very solid TN truck with low miles.Just the usual dents and rust.Original 3.89/4 speed transaxle only needed resealing.A nice low mileage 110 car engine was selected from the stock pile and after a thorough reseal is ready to go.here are some pics.The Harbor Freight hydraulic lift cart makes the most awesome powertrain removal/installation tool.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Latest rampside project
Posted by: upnorth1 ()
Date: February 20, 2012 02:44PM

GOOD FOR YOU!!!

some corvair envy is setting in.
NO I dont need a fifth vair!!!

{or a fifth of anything!} lol

Chaplain Bob
135 miles from Canada

AT THE TIP OF LAKE SUPERIOR
1961 Loadside 95hp. 30 over bored and stroked. 145 block, 165 heads 4 speed
1966 Corsa clone 140 4 speed, 30 over.
1966 4 door 110 pg soon to return to factory 140 PG

DON'T mess with Old Men, we didn't get old by being, STUPID!!!

\/ this is a half mile from my house... \/

Click for Hermantown, Minnesota Forecast

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: February 20, 2012 03:00PM

Hurray for the Rampy's.

I seem to always hear from locals that you never see any of these anywhere... Lets keep up flooding the country with Rampy's... because no-one wants to see the Econoline or Tradesman's anymore anyway!
CORVAIR FC's Rule!

Corventure Dave

Owning A Ford Econoline Pick-Up Isn't That Bad....
Posted by: vairchet ()
Date: February 20, 2012 04:18PM

I have to admit, a five window Econoline pick-up would be a fine addition to my collection.

Attachments:

Re: Owning A Ford Econoline Pick-Up Isn't That Bad....
Posted by: Leon R ()
Date: February 20, 2012 05:00PM

dahmmmm, I wish I could find one of those in this area. All this rampy talk lately has got me thinking!! Had a Ford econoline van heavy duty (four speed on the column) years ago but the rampy would be my choice over a ford now.

Attachments:
Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: February 21, 2012 08:10AM

Actually... if I had money like Mr. Leno I would have all 3. Ramp, Econoline and Tradesman pickups. They are so different from standard pickup trucks. I always wondered why they even made van style body pickups. They are not like EL Camino's and such that were more decked out more like cars.
I do remember seeing a few custom Eldo Caddy's made into upper end pickups. But like today the big 3 only make delux trucks and not a special van bodied utiluty truck.
Interesting what they did back then!

Corventure Dave

Posted by: roger4a1ward ()
Date: February 21, 2012 07:34PM

Several years ago, I had a really nice Econoline pickup with a 289. It needed paint but was a really nice truck .... but I couldn't drive it. My bad shoulders (rotater cuffs) forced me to sell. Then I figured the rear engine in a Rampside would work, so I bought a rust-free Rampy. Now I'm happy ,,,, and my shoulders don't hurt when I drive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.