Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
wheel trim and rocker trim?
Posted by: devypower ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:11PM

i have been thinking about wheel well trim and looked at clarks and wondered if the 65 trim serews on or sticks on? also i have not paid much attention but it says the front's are in 2 pieces( unless i missread ) could someone post a close up picture of the wheel well so i can get an idea. also if anyone used the 66/69 trim on a 65 how did that work. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheel trim and rocker trim?
Posted by: 65CorsaTurbo ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:42PM

Hello. The trim screws onto the lip. Yes, the 65 is in two pieces and is thicker that the 66 up. I have a 65 and will put the later trim on because I like the slimmer appearance. I don't have a photo, but maybe Clark's Corvair Parts has one in their catalog online.

Bill (B.Y)
1965 Corsa 180 (under resto)
1966 500, white/red-Rusty, but runs/drives/stops & is fun !
Pittsburgh, Pa.

Posted by: texas yenko dude ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:58PM

All 66 and later is in 1 piece. The 65 fronts are in 2 pieces and the 65 rears are 3 pieces. They all screw on. With that being said, the screw locations are not in the same place, so, if you use 66 trim on a 65, you will need to drill new holes and vice-versa

Texas YENKO Dude
YS-070
YS-199
YS-320
Southeast of Disorder

Posted by: devypower ()
Date: January 25, 2012 02:24PM

pictures would be awesome im worried about how the seams look

Posted by: wagbear ()
Date: January 25, 2012 02:35PM

On EM's, Was the Rocker Panel trim the same length for coupe, sedan, and Wagon ? OR, was 4-door and Wagon the same length ?

WAGBEAR
1961 Lakewood
Chehalis, Washington
( South of Canada...North of Mexico....Near Olympia ; Planet Earth . smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.