Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Larry's Corvair Parts?
Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: September 22, 2011 07:56PM

Larry runs the EBay business on the side - he's rarely ever at the shop.

Hmmm..... So how dose this work? You order from Palos Verdes, but your parts are shipped from Harbor City, but he dosen't come into the Harbor City anymore.
Solely based on the fact that LS is not involved, that has got to be a logistics nightmare. How do you keep track of inventory and cash flow in two different locations with pen and pads when your not involved with your "manager"?

"After selling my shop,I have decided to sell on ebay." So.... .it is LSvairparts in Harbor, or is it LS in Palos Verdes? How dose a customer keep it straight? Where do I go to get my parts when I buy on Ebay? Where to do I send my core returns.

Who do I call when I have a problem?
Who has the final word on warranty, returns or incorrect parts description
How do you keep your listings straight when you list items but you are not there to physically monitor inventory?

LS is smart guy, and at times the guy operates like a machine, but when you are pulled in to many directions, even the best multi tasker will eventually burn out. To many lose ends will overwhelm you in the end.

Marco Padilla - Realtor BRE#01944189

Century 21 Crest
1501 West Magnolia Blvd
Burbank, CA 91506
213-272-3239 Cell

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: corvairmike ()
Date: September 24, 2011 01:37PM

Call or e-mail Marty directly. He will assist you in resolving problems or concerns.

Posted by: 4carbcorvair ()
Date: September 24, 2011 02:08PM

All of the comments to contact Marty directly, Larry should step aside and let Marty handle the eBay thing if he doesn't have time. Not good business practice IMO.

--------------------------------
Ronnie
Southern Maine.
[www.dirigocorvairs.com]
66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp.

It doesn't leak, it's marking it's territory.

A mirror is a reflection of the miles travelled.

Posted by: Darrin ()
Date: September 24, 2011 06:27PM

Doesn't matter much to me who or how if I get what I ordered in good time...which has been my experience with Larry (and/or Marty) for many years.

Just my 2 cents.

Darrin Hartzler
Bethesda, MD
1963 Spyder convertible (trading for a 66 vert)
1965 turbo Corsa project
1965 EFI Monza coupe
1965 10K original mile Monza
1965 Greenbrier deluxe 8 door
1965 Canadian turbo Corsa
1967 moredoor airvair

Northern Virginia Corvairs & Group Corvair

Posted by: NoLates ()
Date: September 24, 2011 07:36PM

Seems like I remember another post about a cracked oil pan that LS or Larrys or marty sent to england. It was cracked or something and they buyer kept getting the run around by all the dufferent "owners" there. Maybe having so many names and locations is a good way to avoid pinning any one personal down to clear up a problems.

Posted by: 65_Turbo ()
Date: September 24, 2011 08:45PM

Could it be Larry or Marty or both are on vacation? I have had excellent service from either one.

Bruce
65 Corsa Vert first car
65 Corsa Turbo Vert current car
65 Monza Sedan "Airvair"
Bolingbrook, Il
Corvair Society of America
Chicago Corvair Enthusiasts
Frankfort Car Club

Posted by: jasvair ()
Date: September 25, 2011 12:58PM

In the last conversation I had with Marty he told me that Larry always did the Ebay listings and he did not know how to do it. I suggest that you call LS Corvair parts and talk to Mary directly. I do know that marty goes home every few weeks for a couple days as he lives in Las Vegas.
John Sweet

Posted by: Johnniespeed ()
Date: September 25, 2011 01:38PM

Back when Larry answered the phone, I got good service, and Marty has always done right by me.
I try to buy parts from each one of the Vendors, some are better than others.Some will barely answer the phone,some think that waiting two weeks before shipping is good enough.Some think broken and worn is "good used ".
It will be a major boost to the Corvair restoration community when each one of the vendors begins to provide service like Speedway/Jegs/Summit. Those companies have after hours ordering,take credit cards, always answer the phone,have fast shipping and follow up on back orders. ( and the guy you need to talk too is always there )
I wish the best for each of our Vendors, the better they get, the better the Corvair restoration community will be.
This great forum is a huge asset to the Corvair community, thanks Royce.

John

Snowy Sparta Michigan.

Posted by: Chilly Willy ()
Date: September 25, 2011 02:14PM

Johnniespeed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Back when Larry answered the phone, I got good
> service, and Marty has always done right by me.
> I try to buy parts from each one of the Vendors,
> some are better than others.Some will barely
> answer the phone,some think that waiting two weeks
> before shipping is good enough.Some think broken
> and worn is "good used ".
> It will be a major boost to the Corvair
> restoration community when each one of the vendors
> begins to provide service like
> Speedway/Jegs/Summit. Those companies have after
> hours ordering,take credit cards, always answer
> the phone,have fast shipping and follow up on back
> orders. ( and the guy you need to talk too is
> always there )
> I wish the best for each of our Vendors, the
> better they get, the better the Corvair
> restoration community will be.
> This great forum is a huge asset to the Corvair
> community, thanks Royce.

Good postthumbs up

They get our money, they have the part. Ship It! winking smiley

Posted by: 63Darrin ()
Date: September 27, 2011 04:48AM

Larry doesn't give a crap about corvairs. He is not even going to the Fan Belt Toss in October to set up shop. What does that tell you. He cares more about selling coins than corvair parts. Marty is the only reason I still shop there. With that being said, it's much more organized than the old place on crenshaw. Always,always call them directly if you need something.

Posted by: 4carbcorvair ()
Date: September 27, 2011 10:17AM

Chilly Willy Wrote:
> Johnniespeed Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Back when Larry answered the phone, I got good
> > service, and Marty has always done right by me.
>
> > I try to buy parts from each one of the
> Vendors,
> > some are better than others.Some will barely
> > answer the phone,some think that waiting two
> weeks
> > before shipping is good enough.Some think
> broken
> > and worn is "good used ".
> > It will be a major boost to the Corvair
> > restoration community when each one of the
> vendors
> > begins to provide service like
> > Speedway/Jegs/Summit. Those companies have
> after
> > hours ordering,take credit cards, always answer
> > the phone,have fast shipping and follow up on
> back
> > orders. ( and the guy you need to talk too is
> > always there )
> > I wish the best for each of our Vendors, the
> > better they get, the better the Corvair
> > restoration community will be.
> > This great forum is a huge asset to the
> Corvair
> > community, thanks Royce.
>
>
> Good postthumbs up
>
> They get our money, they have the part. Ship It!
> winking smiley

Ahhhhhhh, Clarks. smiling smiley

--------------------------------
Ronnie
Southern Maine.
[www.dirigocorvairs.com]
66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp.

It doesn't leak, it's marking it's territory.

A mirror is a reflection of the miles travelled.

Posted by: thewolfe ()
Date: October 31, 2011 11:05PM

DO NOT order from lscorvairparts on ebay. I purchased a corsa emblem there because I wanted it asap and clarks is on the other side of the country from me. Threw a set of valve cover gaskets in too but it does not automatically combine shipping. Requested the total, nothing. Next day requested the total again, still nothing. Day after that emailed the private email on the ebay page and it bounced back saying the inbox was full. Then I called and talked with a woman that says they wait two days to send the total with combined shipping and that she would do it right then. Didn't happen, then I get an email later that afternoon saying the corsa emblem was out of stock and it would be 3 weeks before they had any in. I immediately responded asking them to cancel my bids and that they should not have items for sale that they do not have. Then the next day I get an ebay request for payment from them. And the shipping was not combined! I email again requesting to cancel and this time say I refuse to pay them for either item. Still no word back. Weekend goes by, still no response. Email again today. Still waiting. This is by far THE WORST ebay seller I have ever dealt with and I have had well over 500 transactions with 100% feedback. Save yourself the frustration people!

Posted by: NICKG ()
Date: November 01, 2011 12:03AM

I don't usually buy parts from our Corvair vendors on Ebay but last week I ordered fron Lon and Rafee through Ebay. Lon had my parts to me coast to coast in a couple days! Rafee had my combined shipping invoice request to me in a few hours and my stuff arrived to me here in Jeresey in two days. A mistake on a part number was made and he immediately responded to my Ebay message and had that part to me the next day! These two vendor's ROCK!!! Clark's is always good too! I was gonna order some chrome stuff from Larry's but not so sure now....nickg

Posted by: vairchet ()
Date: November 01, 2011 02:36AM

I too, made an emailed enquiry (Evilbay) concerning wheel cylinders that are listed by lscorvairparts.... no response.

Yes, you're correct, Rafee is, by far, much better to deal with than Evilbay Larry.

Posted by: Boosted60 ()
Date: November 01, 2011 02:41AM

Ive had very good experiences with both California Corvair and Corvair Underground....
Always pick up the phone during business hours and fast shipping...
Ive never dealt with lscorvair but after reading this thread, im glad i saved myself the headache...
I always prefer to support local business', but at the end of the day im gonna go with the guy whos competent and gets me the correct part in a timely fashion without any tail chasing...
-Shant

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: November 01, 2011 07:05AM

All I can add is many years ago I had stopped at Larry's shop a few times and Larry seemed like a good guy. Then the last time I was at his old business to buy a part my interaction with him was unpleasant and he says the price quoted on the phone was wrong and I have to pay more - take it or leave it.

Last time I did business with him.

Never had a problem like that with the other Corvair vendors.

Posted by: NoLates ()
Date: November 01, 2011 07:23AM

Cant find any wheel cylinders on the rafee site?? No aluminum valve covers or any clutch parts. Seems like mostly21 gaskets. Amc I missing something? Shipping would be cheaper from OK for me than east or west

Posted by: steve c goodman ()
Date: November 01, 2011 12:56PM

NoLates Wrote:
> Cant find any wheel cylinders on the rafee site??

Steve offers help: Call Rafee on the phone, I call fairly often and either Rafee or Marie always answers. The phone is by far the easiest way to order parts in my opinion.

Posted by: 65 Crown Corsa ()
Date: November 01, 2011 01:30PM

2 years ago I bought new posi plates from his ebay auction. Everything promptly arrived but the packaging and product were all modern, the pic in the ebay auction was NOS but nowhere in the description was the product advertised as such and he reminded me when I called him on it.
That was the last time I ordered from him but not the last time he contacted me, apparently he uses all business contacts to email about rare coins,he apologized and removed me from the email list.

Ed
65 Crown/Wills Corsa
WPB Florida

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: November 01, 2011 03:25PM

I just deal directly with Marty at LS Corvair Parts and forget about Larry's ebay store and his pathetic customer service.

[www.larryscorvair.com]

I normally get next day service since delivery to Phoenix is so quick so I'm okay with calling Marty and I've never had any issues doing that.

It's a shame that Larry runs the ebay store so poorly when his employees are trying to doing a great job.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.