Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
PALM SPRINGS - AD
Date: September 08, 2011 01:57PM

Well it's official (for now) Corvair Underground will be vending at Palm Springs next month! After a 5-6 year absence it's time for a nostalgic run down in the Greenbriar.

I'll have a small display of current products plus a bunch of overstocks and NOS. If you want me to bring down any orders just give me a call. Whatever weight and size will allow I'll try to accommodate.

Haven't gone to enough shows the past few years. It will be great to see people again.

Thanks!
Lon wall
www.corvairunderground.com
NEW SALE ITEMS AT OUR WEBSITE

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PALM SPRINGS - AD
Posted by: MrChips ()
Date: September 08, 2011 02:19PM

Are you towing a small trailer, too?

Got a roof rack?

It'll be good to meet you, Lon.

Where Santiago and Live Oak Canyon intersect in Orange County, Ca

Posted by: Boosted60 ()
Date: September 08, 2011 03:19PM

this is awesome! i will be giving you a call tomorrow to talk about poly bushings for my 60...

Date: September 11, 2011 04:23PM

No trailer, no roof rack. Not like the old days. Small display with a fair amount to sell though.

Actually back in the early 90's we used to drive down with a LOT of stuff crammed in the greenbriar and put out an amazing display. Although I still have faith in my Corvairs I'm not a complete fool.

In 1991 1500 lbs of stuff was a stretch. Now 500-750 should be safer!

Incidentally, one of the heavier items will be a bunch of steel rocker panel repair pieces for all years and models (I'll be bringing 3 or 4 different types). These are going to be sold cheap and they are too big a pain to ship to people.

Lon

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: September 15, 2011 08:27AM

Ay Lon,
I think it's great you will be there again. Miss'd seeing you in recent years. Fantastic!!! You both are one of the regular faces at these events and I know as years go by, things change and we are also all getting older. Butt there is great comfort seeing those who have been so helpful and dedicated as you at these annual events. I'm really looking forward to seeing you again, my friend.

Corventure Dave Palmer

Posted by: afvair ()
Date: September 15, 2011 09:22AM

Mr Chips...I've got a roof rack for you. Fits a LM...not original but very close.

Wayne
Lehi, Utah
BCC - Bonneville Corvair Club
CORSA
1965 turbo vert, finally done

Posted by: duckhunt530 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 08:39PM

Do I need to pay the $10 registration plus the space fee for the swap meet? Is it $30 total before Oct. 1? Thanks for any help.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: September 27, 2011 08:51PM

Most likely!! Ducky!! but not absolute!!! gg

you need to contact the host club... see the events sticky!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: duckhunt530 ()
Date: September 27, 2011 09:05PM

Ok. It sounds like I do because they have a separate column for the people's choice car entry. Family or individual registration is $10 for the weekend.

Date: September 27, 2011 09:26PM

The biggest reason I can think of is assuring you have a spot to vend at...

Usually all spots are payed for...and a few never show up.....but the spot cannot be used by others..

...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Boosted60 ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:23AM

is it best to go there on friday if your looking for parts?

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: September 28, 2011 11:32AM

Saturday is the big day. Also keep in mind that the traditional location has proven to be the "best" location over the 30+ years of the event. I never fret about the registration or entry costs. It is not cheap for the hosting club to reserve this place. It was held in other locations before and the event was not as well received by all attending.... or in the case of the other place(s).. those who didn't attend!
This is a really great event for Corvair-ists!

Corventure Dave

Date: September 28, 2011 11:38AM

CVD is correct.. Saturday.. all day is the DAY!! for everything...

Date: September 29, 2011 04:09PM

The advice from Corventure and Matty is good! We'll be selling Friday and Saturday but probably not Sunday. In the old days Sat and Sunday were the days, not really much selling on Friday.
And also remember that once the sun goes behind the mountain (about 4) and it gets finally cooler the locals panic and head for their rooms (less than 90 degrees).
I think the vending should be from 4pm to Midnight......

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.