Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Reproduction Wagon Hinge Cover
Posted by: dansk ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:05AM

Dave, I have to get one in my hands to make a decision as to yah or nah.
Dann

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reproduction Wagon Hinge Cover
Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:04PM

Lon has it right.... down memory lane!
The guy who made the hinge covers was in Santa Maria California. He also made a great spin on oil filter adapter. Patidevco was the name he used for his stuff. I don't remember his actual name right now! He worked at Piper Aircraft and made up a vacuum mold it his house. I was there one evening when he took the plastic out of the oven and sucked it into shape! Interesting to watch. He made his own mold's from wood and the plastic just barly fit in the electric oven. I don't remember the details like temps needed, but he used a standard shop-vac to draw the plastic down.
The last one I bought, I got from Rollo Fox of ACP. "American Corvair Parts" for $75. Sorry Lon, my vary good friend, ... but that was some 25+ years ago and none were left to be found "anywhere". I made another mistake of selling it about 12 years ago. I got $125. Im sure an enterprising individual could make these up again like this fellow did. ....... OK... I'm pondering the thought!

Corventure Dave

Re:Vacuum forming at home
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:22PM

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="[www.youtube.com] name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="[www.youtube.com]; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

More Forming Videos
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: September 12, 2011 05:24PM

[www.youtube.com]

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: More Forming Videos
Posted by: dansk ()
Date: September 12, 2011 06:10PM

Doing a lot of tooling at the moment, and then back to the Corvair tooling I'm making. Looking good so far and hope the part comes out nice. Probably another week and a half before I get on her again. Some Corvairs guys are gonna be happy. Will let you all know the details when it pans out.
Dann

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.