Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 7 of 7
Re: New Build: Project "Corsa GTP Convertible" (L67, F40, etc.)
Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: March 08, 2020 06:44PM

Hey my wheels finally came! I love them! 17 x 8 LTIII by ET Mags.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 08, 2020 06:45PM

Finally on the ground!! for a few....

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: March 08, 2020 06:48PM

Removed the engine, to make some progress on it

The air conditioner compressor goes in pic 1. But it is huge. So I am deleting it for now. (May do a small Saden unit later) That means I need to add an idler pulley to keep the belt routing correct. I decided to remake the aluminum pulley tower shown to accept 2 pullies, the outer smooth pulley as shown for the super charger belt, plus an additional pulley on the inside for the accessory drive to route that belt correctly.

Pic 2 So here is the new bracket with both pullies. They both spin independently of each other and makes belt routing possible.

Pic 3 Here are the finished parts. The tall one uses the spacer to hold the two pullies apart. The other part is to go where the power steering pump was since I’m not using it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2020 06:51PM by VairKing.

Attachments:

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 08, 2020 06:49PM

Never a Unhappy customer! NEVER!

Attachments:
Posted by: cptincolin ()
Date: March 09, 2020 01:14AM

Quite nice progress you've done there.

I installed a set of proxes sporttoyo tires and I like its steering enhance on our road.

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: March 09, 2020 07:49AM

Gotta salute the patience on a 9-year build. And the patience of your wife.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA, USA (Seriously! It's the USA out here!)
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and the San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club.
THEN:
1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow
1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW:
1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Date: April 13, 2020 07:28PM

I recently finished lots of small tasks, including the finishing of the welding on the engine cradle, building a axle shaft bearing support bracket, oil filter relocation adapter, and cleaned up and detailed the engine. Also got the engine side of the exhaust fabricated and wrapped with header wrap.

Attachments:

Date: April 13, 2020 07:30PM

Now I have reinstalled the engine in the car. In order to get the axles better aligned, I decided to move the engine forward an inch and up an inch, which forced me to do a little more trimming to the passenger compartment.

Attachments:

Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: April 13, 2020 09:07PM

Ryan,

I'm curious. Did you happen to check the supercharger for play? Most have it.
And did you end up buying and installing the kit to fix it?

Date: April 14, 2020 05:22AM

Hi Tony, the supercharger has almost no play. So I decided to leave it alone for now. If it loosens up over time, it will probably be a good time to ditch the supercharger and go to a turbo charger, as that is how you really wake up these motors.

Posted by: OttawaCorvairGuy ()
Date: April 14, 2020 12:55PM

VairKing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Tony, the supercharger has almost no play. So I decided to leave it alone for now. If it loosens up over time, it will probably be a good time to ditch the supercharger and go to a turbo charger, as that is how you really wake up these motors.

That's good to hear. Mine has too much play and needs the front gear set and seals.

BTW - If you ever do switch to turbo and are willing to let the supercharge go; I'll take it for my setup.
Sadly, I jumped the gun because I got the entire car for only $300.
It was only after I had it that I found out that the year I have you cannot do anything with the computer.
I have not looked into switching to a newer computer and maybe a wiring harness upgrade for mine, so I can fine tune things.

But I do like these GM supercharged V6s....

Current Page: 7 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.